Topic locked

Re: 888真人 Welsh Open Semi Final Discussion!!!!

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Murphy again falling apart in the business end of a tournament ...

He always seems to... expected a closer match, but not over yet..

Now for a Jiangsu Classic comeback for him

Postby Andre147

6-2 to Ding it is then... bit of a misleading scoreline, as ding didnt have to play that well, murphy had good chances in every frame, just his safety game let him down,as it so often does when he reaches this stages of tournaments...

It is becoming a habit for him losing very heavily in recent ranking event semi-finals...

Still,well played ding, into the final :-)

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Ding played very well today. He will be amazed that he's in the final because he was in his 2 previous matches virtually one ball away from defeat.

yes, a bit like O'Sullivan in germany, was just one or 2 balls away from defeat, now into the final....

Postby DavieMac

Dire from Murphy. Efficient from Ding. Dont see him beating either Selby or Ronnie though.

That being said, maybe its written in the stars for him to win this after his very near misses against Higgins and Lee.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

That was Murphy's 3. ranking semi final this season. He lost all 3 but not just that he got hammered every time:

Australian Open: 2-6 Stuart Bingham
German Masters: 0-6 Stephen Maguire
Welsh Open: 2-6 Ding Junhui

Of course he also got to the Masters final but didn't have a chance there either.

Postby Andre147

DavieMac wrote:Dire from Murphy. Efficient from Ding. Dont see him beating either Selby or Ronnie though.

That being said, maybe its written in the stars for him to win this after his very near misses against Higgins and Lee.

Like it was written in the stars that Ronnie would win in germany after that Higginson match, maybe this time for ding, but as you said, cant see him beating Ronnie... Selby is a different matter, it depends on whenever Selby remains consistent, because he has also lost some close finals too, namely against Ronnie, Williams and Trump
Last edited by Andre147 on 18 Feb 2012, edited 1 time in total.

Postby DavieMac

Andre147 wrote:
DavieMac wrote:Dire from Murphy. Efficient from Ding. Dont see him beating either Selby or Ronnie though.

Like it was written in the stars that Ronnie would win in germany after that Higginson match, maybe this time for ding, but as you said, cant see him beating Ronnie... Selby is a different matter, it depends on whenever Selby remains consistent, because he has also lost some close finals too, namely against Ronnie, Williams and Trump

Selby's level yesterday was far better than anything Ding's done this week so I'd expect him to win if he beats Ronnie. Big if though.

Postby Skullman

Ugh missed the snooker again :irk: . Murphy lost 6-2?! Wasn't expecting that, but looking at the match Murphy wasn't getting in and making big enough breaks. It's amazing how he seems to fall apart a bit at the semis, the only semi this year he played relatively well in was Germany and that was the one he got completely battered by an on fire Maguire.

I've suddenly got a feeling that the Ronnie Selby match may be not exciting as expected and may be a bit one sided (hopefully in Selby's favour). Hope it isn't though and at least I get to watch it today.

Come on Selby! :D

Postby hendry_fan

*DING JUNHUI* 6- 2 SHAUN MURPHY

Hmmm,i was wrong again!, :dizzy: although most of my predictions have been right this week. :-D

I thought Murphy would win today.readin through the comments on here,Murphy definatley had chances,so he can,t complain,once again he can,t maintain his form which he showed in the earlier rounds and breaks down at the semis.

Not long to go till the Selby/Ronnie match.

I,ve been good with my predictions this week,i predicted this morning that Ronnie will win tonight,but if my prediction is wrong again like in the Ding/Murphy match,i,m for sure not gonna be disappointed!. ;-) <laugh>

Postby Skullman

10 minutes till it starts. :happy: :happy: :mosh2: :hyper: :D

Soooooooo pumped up for this one. I hope Selby doesn't do the usual and play well early in a tourney and then play badly in semis/quarters. will be off now I think. Going to log off and keep completely focused on the match.

Come on Selby! Welsh Open Champion 2012. :ahh:

Postby Witz78

GJ wrote:Good luck Ron tonight

Good luck Ding whoever he faces in the final

shows how much confidence you have in Jono these days when your cheering on guys you hate just so Jono can get another easy WC draw <doh>

Postby GJ

Witz78 wrote:
GJ wrote:Good luck Ron tonight

Good luck Ding whoever he faces in the final

shows how much confidence you have in Jono these days when your cheering on guys you hate just so Jono can get another easy WC draw <doh>

yes beating wiliams , selby and higgins on potential route to the title

piece of cake <laugh> :baby: rofl :chuckle:

Postby Witz78

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Tonight is a win win situation for Ronnie.

Should he lose he has an easier draw for Crucible, should he win he has a good chance to win another ranking title.

a win over Selby is more important for his WC prospects as he needs to end the psychological hold the likes of Selby and Higgins have over him, by winning a game like this.

Postby GJ

Bourne says he wont be back

I tried to talk him round but even ding in the final hasnt chnaged his mind

Postby Andre147

Witz78 wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:Tonight is a win win situation for Ronnie.

Should he lose he has an easier draw for Crucible, should he win he has a good chance to win another ranking title.

a win over Selby is more important for his WC prospects as he needs to end the psychological hold the likes of Selby and Higgins have over him, by winning a game like this.

I agree :spot on: