Topic locked

Re: 888真人 Welsh Open Semi Final Discussion!!!!

Postby Monique

dave Hendon on twitter
Strange match tonight. Ronnie never stopped trying but nothing went his way. Mark struggled as well but what a battler he is.
Fair assessment.

As for speculations about Ronnie not going here or there … just wait and see.

Postby vodkadiet

jojo wrote:this match doesnt change things much in the grand scheme of things i still feel ronnie will win the world championship this year

i did say after ronnie beat trump selby was the only player who could stop him and so he did

yes ronnie had an off day and all players have them and it better to have that now than in a session in the world championship against selby

ronnie still leads their head to head 9-6 so i wouldnt say selby owns him but it clear selby is one of the players ronnie doesnt like to play against today the difference was selbys safety play as well as run of the ball he even admitted that himself

of course selby winning 6-2 was never going to be pretty as opposed to ronnie winning 6-2 but thats snooker that why it a great game

im not sure why ronnie kept looking at his tip and dont know if anyone noticed but he was having trouble playing shots when putting on right hand side but i expect him to fix that

credit to selby it wasnt pretty but thats normal the way he play he had a game plan and stuck to it and it worked

Ronnie hasn't beaten Selby in a meaningful match since 2009. These head to heads include rubbish like Premier League, snooker shoot out, and PTC events.

Selby owns him in real matches.

The longer the match, the less chance for Rigsby.
Last edited by vodkadiet on 19 Feb 2012, edited 1 time in total.

Postby hendry_fan

So,Just got back from the pub.

Had a drink on Selbys win. ;-) :-D

Once again Selby beats Ronnie.Ronnie does,nt half crumble against Selby,he misses much more pots and his all round game is much weaker when he plays Selby than when he plays most other players.

Here,s my summary of the match.

Both were well off there best although Selby manged to go up a gear as the match moved on.
Ronnie had a bit more run of the ball in the first few frames but Selby had more of the run in the next few so it really did even out.

Ronnies safety was the worst i,ve seen for a while,some were good but many were bad by his standards.
Selbys safety as usual was very good and that really gave him a big advantage as he managed to create more chances and put Ronnie in trouble a good few times.

Ronnies pot success was very weak by his standards,it was under 90%,Selby was also over par in the potting department but made more of his chances.

All in all there,s no doubt about it that Selby deserved to win as he outplayed Ronnie in all the departments of the game.

Well done Mark,good luck for tomorrow!. :clap: <ok>

Postby Witz78

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Looking at Selby's quarter, it is far from a certainty that he makes the semis in the Crucible. Ronnie doesn't necessarily have to beat the players he struggles against. Maybe he will also just have to play one top 16 player to become World Champion.

nah nobody could be THAT lucky again

2010 was a freak occurence

Postby Witz78

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Maybe SnookerAnalyst is around:

What are the odds that Ronnie only has to play Carter and non top 16 players in the World Championship?

a BILLION to one cos El Crapitano is gonna get pumped onto his sorry bottom in round 1 <ok>

Postby Roland

Nice to see a good vibe among proper snooker fans in this topic, not getting trapped into the bull that was on twitter tonight. Selby deserves credit, he knows how to win a snooker match. If Ronnie found his game and started clearing up with every visit, Selby had plenty of gears left to step up and he would have done, make no mistake. Once it got to 3-2 and half way through the next, there really was only going to be one result.

I watched on BBC2 Wales and Terry Griffiths did an excellent summary and then Ronnie gave Selby due credit and said he played well, is number 1 for a reason and that he's really tough to beat, Selby said he was trying to win a snooker match and although he'd love it to have been loads of centuries it wasn't one of those matches and it was a clash of styles. All level headed stuff telling it how it is. Much like this topic.

Honestly though, I could write an article on this. The Ronnie/Selby thing is huge in snooker terms and is great for the game in that it shows diversity of styles. The way some carry on they really haven't got a clue. The funny thing is that in Power Snooker for example, something aimed at speeding up the game and bringing flair players to the fore, players like Selby - tacticians - will find a way to win going against the grain.

I love Ding but I hope Selby wins tomorrow to gradually increase his ranking event wins and get him that self-belief that yes, he really does deserve to be World Number One and the critics who say he'll never win a World Title and all of that jazz just don't get him or why he's a cut above and are talking out of their baboons shiny behinds. Of course he's capable. He could have two World Titles in the bag right now if it wasn't for a certain Mr John Higgins.

Postby The Cueist

vodkadiet wrote:
jojo wrote:this match doesnt change things much in the grand scheme of things i still feel ronnie will win the world championship this year

i did say after ronnie beat trump selby was the only player who could stop him and so he did

yes ronnie had an off day and all players have them and it better to have that now than in a session in the world championship against selby

ronnie still leads their head to head 9-6 so i wouldnt say selby owns him but it clear selby is one of the players ronnie doesnt like to play against today the difference was selbys safety play as well as run of the ball he even admitted that himself

of course selby winning 6-2 was never going to be pretty as opposed to ronnie winning 6-2 but thats snooker that why it a great game

im not sure why ronnie kept looking at his tip and dont know if anyone noticed but he was having trouble playing shots when putting on right hand side but i expect him to fix that

credit to selby it wasnt pretty but thats normal the way he play he had a game plan and stuck to it and it worked

Ronnie hasn't beaten Selby in a meaningful match since 2009. These head to heads include rubbish like Premier League, snooker shoot out, and PTC events.

Selby owns him in real matches.

The longer the match, the less chance for Rigsby.

I was just tucking into a juicy sandwich of steak with mushroom when i nearly choked on it as the fat from the steak' dribbled down my chops. <cool>

Then i laughed out loud <cool> as i realised it was you that posted your usual diatribed rhetoric. rofl rofl rofl

I was releived as i chewed the rest of my steak and mushroom sandwich with the thought that it was only a nothing poster like you that had posted it. rofl rofl rofl rofl :fart: