Topic locked

Re: 888真人 Welsh Open Quarter Final Discussion!!!!

Postby hendry_fan

Well then,i had some work to do today,(yes,even hendry_fan sometimes has to work too <laugh> ) so i did,nt see any of the matches.

*RONNIE O'SULLIVAN* 5 - 3 JUDD TRUMP

Well,it,s no surprise as i wrote before the match had even started that it was gonna be very tough for Judd as Ronnies in sparklin form.

*SHAUN MURPHY* 5 v 4 MARK ALLEN

I was wrong for once. ;-) <laugh> I thought Allen would win this one,but it was close,very close was,nt it,went to a decider which Murphy won.

:clap: Well done Shaun!. :clap:

Allen really can,t get past 1/4 finals can he,thats what one gets when there too cocky!. Allen= :fart: <laugh>

At least Doherty has won a ranking title,in fact he,s won 6 including The World Championship and he,s 7th in the all time most centurys ranking list!.

Allens mouth is way BIGGER than his trophy collection!. :fart: <laugh>

Postby Skullman

Evening guys. Back from my first trip to catch up for a bit.

Well done Ronnie! I think Trump's aura of fear has dissipated slightly. Most top players want to bet him now. I'm guessing they were snake hissed off when Trump was making all the headlines, and they are more motivated to show that Trump isn't the only top player.

Well done Shaun! If Allen spent time practising instead mouthing off he might be a better player. He's not getting any younger. Was anyone watching the match, and if they were could they tell me how Shaun was playing?

Postby snooky147

O'sullivan v Trump was one of the best matches I have seen for a while. Judd simply pushed too far when the shots were not coming for him and you can't get away with that all the time. Well done to a focussed Ronnie O'sullivan. :hatoff:

Postby Skullman

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Murphy coming through is a good result for Ronnie. Now the only player left he doesn't own is Selby. Come on Maguire kick him out and play your good old friend Ronnie once again.

Trump owned Ronnie before, but still lost today. What makes you think Murphy, Maguire or Ding can't do the same to Ronnie?

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Skullman wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:Murphy coming through is a good result for Ronnie. Now the only player left he doesn't own is Selby. Come on Maguire kick him out and play your good old friend Ronnie once again.

Trump owned Ronnie before, but still lost today. What makes you think Murphy, Maguire or Ding can't do the same to Ronnie?

I don't but it boosts Ronnie's chances because he has the form and the mental edge over all these players.

He was full of confidence and in great form and still he beat Trump just narrowly.

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:And it all goes back to the Higginson match. I can guarantee you this: he wouldn't be in the semis tomorrow should he have lost to Higginson two weeks ago.

In fact that match could mark the revival of Ronnie O'Sullivan ...

Ronnie has risen from the ashes after that Higgison match... isnt it amazing, he was only two pots away from being knocked out of the top 16, he won the whole thing and now is right back where he belongs.. :-) :-) <cool> <cool>

As you said, only Selby now remains that he doenst own, but he has an even record against him, so in a way I´d like Selby to come through, because I think Ronnie could beat him with the form he´s in... whoever comes through, wont have it easy against Ronnie

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Skullman wrote:

I don't but it boosts Ronnie's chances because he has the form and the mental edge over all these players.

He was full of confidence and in great form and still he beat Trump just narrowly.

Absolutely, Ronnie might have a mental edge over all of those except Selby, but they could all beat him if they´re on form and Ronnie is slightly worse... Ronnie wont have an easy match whoever comes through, I can garantee you that

Postby Alex0paul

If Lee and Maguire win tonight we will have the same semi finalists two tournaments in a row. When was the last time this happened? If ever?

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Andre147 wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Skullman wrote:

Absolutely, Ronnie might have a mental edge over all of those except Selby, but they could all beat him if they´re on form and Ronnie is slightly worse... Ronnie wont have an easy match whoever comes through, I can garantee you that

It won't be easy that's true. But he has a good chance now and that's all you can ask for.

Postby Andre147

Alex0paul wrote:If Lee and Maguire win tonight we will have the same semi finalists two tournaments in a row. When was the last time this happened? If ever?

You´re right, hadnt noticed that.... It must have happened at some point I think, but haven´t got a clue when.. :chin:

Postby jojo

i wouldnt say trump owns ronnie even before todays result yes he won the last two matches but ronnie should have beaten him at the uk

i would say the next time they meet whether it be in a short a long format match it fifty fifty in terms of who will win

mark my words neither one of maguire ding or murphy will beat ronnie this week

Postby Snooker Overdrive

jojo wrote:i wouldnt say trump owns ronnie even before todays result yes he won the last two matches but ronnie should have beaten him at the uk

i would say the next time they meet whether it be in a short a long format match it fifty fifty in terms of who will win

Most of your predictions have been correct over the last 2 years. I hope you're right this time also.

Postby Andre147

jojo wrote:i wouldnt say trump owns ronnie even before todays result yes he won the last two matches but ronnie should have beaten him at the uk

You´re forgetting Lee rofl rofl rofl

Postby jojo

in my opinion selby the only player who can beat ronnie this week the others have too many mental scars and or a very poor record against him

look at it this way ronnie never played great in the masters yet comfortably beat ding

similarly maguire played out of his skin against ronnie and everyone was saying maguire will win yet without maguires level dipping too much ronnie kept with him and at one stage won five frames in a row or from 6-3 down won 6-1

i would still make ronnie favourite against selby even though he doesnt like playing him though if selby plays well he could turn him over

as for the others forget it

Postby Andre147

jojo wrote:in my opinion selby the only player who can beat ronnie this week the others have too many mental scars and or a very poor record against him

look at it this way ronnie never played great in the masters yet comfortably beat ding

similarly maguire played out of his skin against ronnie and everyone was saying maguire will win yet without maguires level dipping too much ronnie kept with him and at one stage won five frames in a row or from 6-3 down won 6-1

i would still make ronnie favourite against selby even though he doesnt like playing him though if selby plays well he could turn him over

as for the others forget it

you´re quite right there...if selby comes through, Ronnie must not drop his head because of too much safety, selby´sslow and tactical play, and so on... he has to keep himself together...

As for the others, I can only see maybe,just maybe murphy capable of beating him

Postby Andre147

His record against Selby even when well in front is... dredful

PTC4 Semi-Final: Ronnie 3-1 ahead, loses 3-4
World Champs 2010 Quarter-Final: Ronnie 9-5 ahead(or something like that), loses 11-13
Masters 2010 Final: :grrr: the most painful for me, and maybe for him: Ronnie 9-6 ahead, loses 9-10
Welsh Open 2008 Final: Ronnie 8-5 ahead, loses 8-9

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Andre147 wrote:His record against Selby even when well in front is... dredful

World Champs 2010 Quarter-Final: Ronnie 9-5 ahead(or something like that), loses 11-13
Masters 2010 Final: :grrr: the most painful for me, and maybe for him: Ronnie 9-6 ahead, loses 9-10

you can't possibly put the PTC match in there ...

The other ones are correct but Ronnie also has some faboulus wins over him:

UK semi final 2007: 9-8
UK quarter final 2009: 9-3
Masters final 2009: 10-8

it's pretty even in big matches ...

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Andre147 wrote:His record against Selby even when well in front is... dredful

you can't possibly put the PTC match in there ...

The other ones are correct but Ronnie also has some faboulus wins over him:

UK semi final 2007: 9-8
UK quarter final 2009: 9-3
Masters final 2009: 10-8

it's pretty even in big matches ...

Yes, never said Ronnie hadnt.. just posted his most significant defeats, although ptc4 isnt one..

They are pretty even yes in big matches

Postby Andre147

This match between mags and Selby is very much resembling last years encounter between them two in this same tournament semi-final... it was pretty close, and they were never more than one frame apart, as for so far in this match...

Can see this one going 4 all to a decider, just like last year´s semi went 6-5 to Mags

Postby GJ

Looking bleak for Selby but to be fair he is doing little wrong <ok>

Reminds me of a match from Tuesday afternoon :-(