Topic locked

Re: 888真人 Welsh Open Quarter Final Discussion!!!!

Postby GJ

Ding fair play if i hadnt predicted a lee in i would have wanted ding to win anyway so im not fussed.

Postby Andre147

So sad for Lee to have lost that way :sad: :mood: not being racist, but i´d bet it was a stupid ding chinese fan who did that just as he was about to take the shot...

He was so frustrated at the end, and very rightly so.... still, well played ding

Postby GJ

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Maybe it was SnookerFan :gag:

Im hearing its a man from the manchester area and apparently has previous with eirian

:gag: :?

Postby GJ

MarkSelbyNo1Fan wrote:
GJ wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:Maybe it was SnookerFan :gag:

Im hearing its a man from the manchester area and apparently has previous with eirian

:gag: :?

Seriously?

yes <ok>

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Murphy - Ding is a hard one to call. I fancy Shaun because he looks in better form at the moment and has the better h2h.

Ronnie - Selby is also hard to call because Mark found some form out of nowhere today but Ronnie is on a roll at the moment and has to be the favourite after beating Trump.
But a defeat wouldn't be so bad for Ronnie tomorrow, he would stay in the bottom half of the world championship and could face Williams in the last 16.
So I think it's a win win situation for O'Sullivan.

Postby DavieMac

Unfortunately I think Murphy will win. Not because of H2H as it doesnt mean much, unless overwhelming, but cause Ding's all but been a ball away from being out in his last 2 games. Nowhere near his best.

There will only be a frame or 2 between Selby and Ronnie. I think in Ronnie's favour but hoping in Selby's.

Postby vodkadiet

Today proved how much better best of 9's are than best of 7's.

Snooker isn't a game to be rushed to have matches drawn to a quick conclusion. I hope best of 7's are done away with.

Trump showed some vulnerabilty. He has things to learn still. O'Sullivan wasn't as intimidated as he was at The Masters.

Selby seems back on track, and has the game to beat O'Sullivan. That could be a great match.

The tournament has taken off at last.

Postby vodkadiet

DavieMac wrote:Bit of both. Selby is probly my 2nd favourite player... very distant 2nd though. Never liked Ronnie but appreciate his game. How can you not.

Selby is great to watch in a big match, against a top player, but certainly not one to watch when playing a nonentity player, as he seems to struggle for concentration against lesser players, and can make for excrutiating viewing.

However, that is far better than being a player(like Maguire), who plays great against lesser players, but far worse against big names.

Postby DavieMac

vodkadiet wrote:
DavieMac wrote:Bit of both. Selby is probly my 2nd favourite player... very distant 2nd though. Never liked Ronnie but appreciate his game. How can you not.

Selby is great to watch in a big match, against a top player, but crtainly not one to watch when playing a nonentity player, as he seems to struggle for concentration against lesser players.

However, that is far better than being a player(like Maguire), who plays great against lesser players, but worse against big names.

5-4 v Trump. 6-0 v Murphy.

:hatoff:

Postby vodkadiet

DavieMac wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:

Selby is great to watch in a big match, against a top player, but crtainly not one to watch when playing a nonentity player, as he seems to struggle for concentration against lesser players.

However, that is far better than being a player(like Maguire), who plays great against lesser players, but worse against big names.

I am talking about the real giants of the game. Trump isn't there yet, and Murphy isn't a giant, and never will be.

If you put Maguire against a tournamant favourite at The Crucible he will never win, particularly if it is Rigsby.

Postby DavieMac

vodkadiet wrote:
DavieMac wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:

I am talking about the real giants of the game. Trump isn't there yet, and Murphy isn't a giant, and never will be.

If you put Maguire against a tournamant favourite at The Crucible he will never win, particularly if it is Rigsby.

Right... so, according to you, Trump and Murphy dont qualify as big names. Ok.

5-0 v Higgins :hatoff: