Topic locked

Re: Provisional Seedings for the Crucible + Provisional Draw

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Skullman wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:Just thinking about it: I would love to see a Hendry - Higgins opening match, especially because they haven't played that much in the Crucible against each other in their career.

Never played each other at the Crucible. But I disagree, Hendry is past his best and I can't see him compete with Higgins tactically.

I agree but I would still love to see it. Higgins is valunerable being defending champion and Hendry is the king of the Crucible.

Postby vodkadiet

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Skullman wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:Just thinking about it: I would love to see a Hendry - Higgins opening match, especially because they haven't played that much in the Crucible against each other in their career.

Never played each other at the Crucible. But I disagree, Hendry is past his best and I can't see him compete with Higgins tactically.

I agree but I would still love to see it. Higgins is valunerable being defending champion and Hendry is the king of the Crucible.

Hendry is nearly 2 decades past his best, yet posters still talk about him. Why?!!

Postby Skullman

vodkadiet wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Skullman wrote:

Hendry is nearly 2 decades past his best, yet posters still talk about him. Why?!!

A fraction of his former self, but still better than 80% of the tour. When he occasionally finds his old form, he can beat anyone as a certain Australian found out this week.

Postby vodkadiet

Skullman wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Skullman wrote:

A fraction of his former self, but still better than 80% of the tour. When he occasionally finds his old form, he can beat anyone as a certain Australian found out this week.

In a best of 7 that the Aussie probably wasn't motivated for.

Postby Casey

Snooker Overdrive wrote:I'm not talking about Hendry winning a title, I'm talking about Hendry maybe being able to cause 1 upset win at the Crucible.

True, I can see him beating a few of the players opening round - but he would fall apart in the next as per usual.

Postby Witz78

Casey wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:I'm not talking about Hendry winning a title, I'm talking about Hendry maybe being able to cause 1 upset win at the Crucible.

True, I can see him beating a few of the players opening round - but he would fall apart in the next as per usual.

yeh i can see him winning his opening round too

then falling apart in the first round <ok>

Postby Witz78

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Mark Williams will be rooting for a Ronnie win tonight no doubt. If Ronnie loses he gets him in the last 16 otherwise he gets Carter. That makes a difference, I would say.

Williams is too thick to realise the implications <ok>

Postby Rocket_ron

Update after ronnies semi loss

Higgins (1)
Stuart Bingham (16)

Greame Dott (9)
? (8)

Shaun Murphy (5)
Steven Lee (12)

Ali Carter (13)
Judd Trump (4)

Mark Williams (3)
Ronnie O'sullivan (14)

Martin Gould (11)
Neil Robertson (6)

? (7)
Mark Allen (10)

Mathew Stevens (15)
Mark Selby (2)

Postby GJ

MarkSelbyNo1Fan wrote:Hope it stays like that and Selby plays King Choker.

Matthew will be tough write him off at your peril ;-)

Postby Skullman

MarkSelbyNo1Fan wrote:Murphy doesn't have the game to win it again imo. Falls apart at the business end. Ding's head drops when a few frames behind.

Selby's route(?)
R1: Qualifier
R2: Stevens
QF: Allen/Ding/Maguire
SF: Robertson
F: Trump/Higgins

Could have been worse.

:roll: Selby and Robbo in the same half. It's almost as if fate doesn't want a Selby-Robbo final.

Postby GJ

After some thought Im now not that fussed on robbos draw

Because

He was either going to have

Trump and Higgins in quarters and semis respectively

Or

As it stands

Ronnie and Selby

and both are tough neither is any easier than the other

So its all on who hits form at the right time.