Topic locked

Re: Provisional Seedings for the Crucible + Provisional Draw

Postby Witz78

vodkadiet wrote:It doesn't matter where Rigsby ends up in the draw, he isn't winning, he is too old!

If he won he would become the oldest Champion since 1978. Fat chance!

they said he couldnt win in 2008 and when he did he became the oldest WC since 1985 <ok>

Postby vodkadiet

jojo wrote:he the same age as higgins who won last year

and to be fair higgins play like an old man with his dull ultra boring demeanour and cue action

He would be older than when Higgins won last year.

:-D

Postby GJ

Big day For ronnie today

If he wins he will face williams in round 2 at the worlds.

If he loses he stays in selbys section.

I think if he wins today the momentum will take him in the final here and in that case he would face either trump or murphy in round 2 depending on how lee does for the rest of this event.

Postby GJ

Selby will be saying :phew:

ronnie up to 14th <ok>

A win for ronnie v selby or mags tomorrow and ronnie moves to the top half of the draw.

Postby Witz78

Alex0paul wrote:Anybody have a playing schedule for the first for example when who is playing session 2 on a saturday. Want to work out who i'll be watching.

im there the first 3 days and my mates constantly texting me the different permuations

the latest one is if Ronnie loses the semi and Murphy wins the tourny, then we get to see Ronnie, Judd, Higgins, Williams, Higgins and Ding matches in the first 3 days. Mad

Postby GJ

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
GJ wrote:If ronnie wins tomorrow he will face either trump or murphy in round 2

GJ you would love having Ronnie out of Robbo's quarter, wouldn't you?

Not really in ronnies form robbo will probably have to beat him at some stage and robbo fears no one <cool>

Postby Snooker Overdrive

GJ wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:

Not really in ronnies form robbo will probably have to beat him at some stage and robbo fears no one <cool>

I don't buy that. Come on be honest ... You would love seeing Ronnie v Trump knocking each other out on the other side of the draw.

Postby GJ

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
GJ wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:

I don't buy that. Come on be honest ... You would love seeing Ronnie v Trump knocking each other out on the other side of the draw.

I would TBH :D

Postby Snooker Overdrive

vodkadiet wrote:All this talk about who may play who is very premature, The qualifiers may have a big say in who plays in the quarters.

With the rolling rankings qualifier upsets aren't as likely anymore.

Stephen Hendry will be the hardest qualifier by far, the likes of Walden, Fu, Higginson and Hawkins have at least a chance.

I don't think the favourites will struggle against the qualifiers.

Postby vodkadiet

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:All this talk about who may play who is very premature, The qualifiers may have a big say in who plays in the quarters.

With the rolling rankings qualifier upsets aren't as likely anymore.

Stephen Hendry will be the hardest qualifier by far, the likes of Walden, Fu, Higginson and Hawkins have at least a chance.

I don't think the favourites will struggle against the qualifiers.

Higginson?!! He is the guy responsible for O'Sullivan not having to qualify for Sheffield.

He is the easiest draw anyone could get. You could be 9-0 down to Higginson in the first round at The Crucible and still believe you're favourite.

:irk:

Postby Skullman

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Just thinking about it: I would love to see a Hendry - Higgins opening match, especially because they haven't played that much in the Crucible against each other in their career.

Never played each other at the Crucible. But I disagree, Hendry is past his best and I can't see him compete with Higgins tactically.