Topic locked

Re: Provisional Seedings for the Crucible + Provisional Draw

Postby Skullman

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Skullman wrote:Can't see any qualifier being a threat to Selby over 19 frames. As for Higgins, if you're hoping for Bingham to beat him, you'll be sorely disappointed. Looking at the provisional draw, the only remote threat in his quarter is Ding.

Bingham: forget about it.

But maybe Ryan Day or Steve Davis are around? :john:

Patterns are made to be broken <cool>

C'mon Higgins prove the hatahs wrong! :happy: Until the finals where you get completely battered by Robbo/Selby

Postby Witz78

Skullman wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Skullman wrote:Can't see any qualifier being a threat to Selby over 19 frames. As for Higgins, if you're hoping for Bingham to beat him, you'll be sorely disappointed. Looking at the provisional draw, the only remote threat in his quarter is Ding.

Patterns are made to be broken <cool>

C'mon Higgins prove the hatahs wrong! :happy: Until the finals where you get completely battered by Robbo/Selby

or halfway through the tournament he might feel like chicken tonight :gag:

Postby Snooker Overdrive

GJ wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:

Marco Fu could be a big danger if he qualifies

good point, on his A game he can beat anyone.

Postby Witz78

buck FU

last 2 years as a seed ive stuck a 200quid single on him to beat Gould in round 1 of the WC and hes screwed up both times.

cant help thinking its fate that this year hell qualify and draw Gould whos the seed

and also cant help thinking its then fate ill lose another 200quid haha

Postby Roland

Yes Rocket_ron just to explain that one - you started a topic on a hot topic which I was hoping someone would start (thanks to GJ for doing what was needed), except instead of actually taking control of the topic you started a goading topic with no information contained within which wouldn't have looked good from those following the auto-twitter feed hence I removed it. Had you done it properly it would have stayed.

:santa:

Postby Rocket_ron

Sonny wrote:Yes Rocket_ron just to explain that one - you started a topic on a hot topic which I was hoping someone would start (thanks to GJ for doing what was needed), except instead of actually taking control of the topic you started a goading topic with no information contained within which wouldn't have looked good from those following the auto-twitter feed hence I removed it. Had you done it properly it would have stayed.

:santa:

ok Understood, no worries sonny.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

GJ isn't online today so I'll update it

Higgins (1) v Bingham (16)
Dott (9) v Ding (8)

Murphy (5) v Lee (12)
Carter (13) v Trump (4)

Williams (3) v Stevens (14)
Gould (11) v Robertson (6)

Maguire (7) v Allen (10)
O’Sullivan (15) v Selby (2)

Current ranking points for the top 16

Note - I wont include Higgins as he is top seed and wont move in seedings list as defending world champion , so I will start from selby and put them in their current seeding position for the crucible.

2. Selby – 71845
3. Williams – 66920
4. Trump – 60385
5. Murphy – 59085
6. Robertson – 58640
7. Maguire - 52960
8. Ding - 51240
9. Dott - 50705
10. Allen - 50165
11. Gould - 47520
12. Lee - 45675
13. Carter - 45600
14. Stevens - 45515
15. O’Sullivan - 44840
16. Bingham - 43515

Postby Casey

Snooker Overdrive wrote:That means Ronnie can't get to 14th. It would be to Ronnies advantage to lose tomorrow.

Yea, I'm looking at Allen and thinking he is better off where he is. Although I would take a ranking event win over an easier draw at the World's - at this stage of his career.

Postby Andre147

Casey wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:That means Ronnie can't get to 14th. It would be to Ronnies advantage to lose tomorrow.

Yea, I'm looking at Allen and thinking he is better off where he is. Although I would take a ranking event win over an easier draw at the World's - at this stage of his career.

Definately... This all talk about him losing so that he can get an easier draw at the crucible is just pure rubbish for me :irk:

who´s to say that even with an easier draw he could win it? He could have a better chance yes, but NO certainty whatsoever... I´d rather prefer a thousand times him winning this title than that draw at the Crucible :-)

Postby Rocket_ron

Witz78 wrote:what about Trump?

wouldnt you rather he avoided Judd too?

suppose after 2mora well maybe def be able to answer that one if he loses again

no because i would love to see a trump v ronnie QF at the wc, then i would thow my full support behind the winner <cool>

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Higgins (1) v Bingham (16)
Dott (9) v Ding (8)

Murphy (5) v Lee (12)
Carter (13) v Trump (4)

Williams (3) v Stevens (14)
Gould (11) v Robertson (6)

Maguire (7) v Allen (10)
O’Sullivan (15) v Selby (2)

Current ranking points for the top 16

Note - I wont include Higgins as he is top seed and wont move in seedings list as defending world champion , so I will start from selby and put them in their current seeding position for the crucible.

2. Selby – 72445
3. Williams – 66920
4. Trump – 60985
5. Murphy – 59085
6. Robertson – 58640
7. Maguire - 52960
8. Ding - 51240
9. Dott - 50705
10. Allen - 50165
11. Gould - 47520
12. Lee - 45675
13. Carter - 45600
14. Stevens - 45515
15. O’Sullivan - 44840
16. Bingham - 43515

Postby jojo

ronnie shouldnt fear anyone that talk is bull

realistically only four players at the crucible can beat him this year judd higgins robertson and selby and i not even sure about selby to be honest

ronnie of a few months ago is not the player he is right now the german win has given him tons of confidence and if he beats judd tomorrow i cant see anyone stopping him from making it two ranking titles in the space of a few weeks so going into the crucible he will fear nobody

having said all that i hope he gets to draw someone like selby or higgins early on in the tournament to spark more interest

Postby Witz78

vodkadiet wrote:They should change the way the draw is made. It should be any one of the top 8 playing any one of the players from 9-16.

no for the worlds it has to be 1v16 etc, this is the fair way

i wouldnt have the defending champ as number 1 seed though, that is a loada tripe IMO

also id play the PTC Finals, World Open and China Open then have the WC top 16 cut off so the rankings are far more up to date and truer, for starters that joke Carter would be pumped out of the top 16.

Whatever qualifiers gets El Crapitano in round 1 will be thinking Christmas has come early