Topic locked

Re: 888真人 Welsh Open Last 16 Discussion !!!!

Postby Snooker Overdrive

hendry_fan wrote:Ah well,at least Williams will have time to get back on TWITTER,come on Mark twitter us about what went wrong!. :fart: ;-) <laugh>

Mark Williams MBE @markwil147

in harvester celebrating my excellent play today. your all correct i am rubbish

At least he hasn't lost his sense of humor <laugh>

Postby Skullman

I still think Williams isn't the same player he was after all those defeats in finals. He can joke about it now, but he was so snake hissed off after the defeat to Selby in Shanghai and he's been crap since. Before that he was battering everyone and now he can't buy a win against the top players.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Only 1 year ago Ronnie didn't play in German Masters and lost in the first round of the Welsh Open 4-2 to Ryan Day.

Ronnie really turned it all around. He's now a ranking tournament winner again, 7 games unbeaten in a row, full of confidence and enjoying playing snooker.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Skullman wrote:I still think Williams isn't the same player he was after all those defeats in finals. He can joke about it now, but he was so snake hissed off after the defeat to Selby in Shanghai and he's been crap since. Before that he was battering everyone and now he can't buy a win against the top players.

It's so important to win finals. It's the one match you can't afford to lose. Matthew Stevens for example would be a completely different player should he have won at least 1 world final. Williams certainly took a knock losing 3 finals over 12 months in a decider being well in front.

Postby SavoMilosevic

Williams was so poor, I'm really disappointed. His cue timing was better today that it was against Hicks or in any of the previous tournaments (that 133 in frame 2 was flawless), but again I think he played way too aggressively as he always does against Ronnie. Why doesn't he play more safety shots, he is way better in scrappy frames than Ronnie. His shot selections when amongst the balls at times were weird as well, I remember (in the 4th frame maybe) he had a perfect angle to play for the black after a red in the middle pocket, he decided to stay for the pink with a tough screw shoot, than the pink returned on its spot and blocked some reds which made the break difficult and he missed.

Postby Skullman

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Only 1 year ago Ronnie didn't play in German Masters and lost in the first round of the Welsh Open 4-2 to Ryan Day.

Ronnie really turned it all around. He's now a ranking tournament winner again, 7 games unbeaten in a row, full of confidence and enjoying playing snooker.

Weird how Willliams, Higgins and Ronnie never play well at the same time anymore. When one's doing well, the others aren't.

Postby Casey

Skullman wrote:I still think Williams isn't the same player he was after all those defeats in finals. He can joke about it now, but he was so snake hissed off after the defeat to Selby in Shanghai and he's been crap since. Before that he was battering everyone and now he can't buy a win against the top players.

He made an 82 in frame one and a great break in the last frame. The two frames in between were poor, but it was a solid performance.

Postby SnookerFan

Skullman wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:Only 1 year ago Ronnie didn't play in German Masters and lost in the first round of the Welsh Open 4-2 to Ryan Day.

Weird how Willliams, Higgins and Ronnie never play well at the same time anymore. When one's doing well, the others aren't.

Wasn't there a period of a few years where Mark and Ronnie didn't play each other, for that very reason? They were never bothering the end of a tournament at the same time.

Postby Skullman

Not taking anything for granted now. Bingham could make a century here and end losing 4-1 like Williams and Robbo did. Btw can people keep me updated with the Trump match. Watching Gould vs Wiggy.

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:Not taking anything for granted now. Bingham could make a century here and end losing 4-1 like Williams and Robbo did. Btw can people keep me updated with the Trump match. Watching Gould vs Wiggy.

Sure. but arent you watching them both like you were this afternoon?

Postby Andre147

Already 1 nil to stuart.. started with a very nice break of 70 odd, with a superb red to right top pocket.. let´s see if he can keep this sort of standard

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:Live scoring says Judd is in now. Whta happened? did Stuart miss a pot or did he just run out of position and play a 'safety'?

1 all... Stuart missed a simple black off its spot and Judd never looked back and made a frame winning 70 odd...

Postby SnookerFan

Witz78 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:This time tomorrow, I will be in Newport, trying to decide which of the last two semis to watch. :D

THE QUARTERS YOU SIMPLE BIG FAT MAN <doh>

More towards my reputation as World's Stupidest Man, I just purchased a pair of shoes that are a size too small for me. I tried them on in the shop, put them back, had a look at some others, and decided on the original pair. I picked up the size below without noticing, told the woman working there I had tried them on. When I got home, it was like an Ugly Sister. I couldn't get my foot in the shoe at all.

<doh>

My old holey trainers for Newport it is then.

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:Judd and stuart aren't hanging around. Three frames in the time its taken Gould and Selby to get down to the colours.

But it has been quite a tactical battle.. sometimes even better to watch than just break after break