Topic locked

Re: 888真人 Welsh Open Last 16 Discussion !!!!

Postby Skullman

Andre147 wrote:
Skullman wrote:Judd and stuart aren't hanging around. Three frames in the time its taken Gould and Selby to get down to the colours.

But it has been quite a tactical battle.. sometimes even better to watch than just break after break

As a Selby fan I already know that.

Scrappy frames <cool>

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Trump is currently the best player in the world. Robbo can match his standard of play on a good day but he isn't as consistent as Judd (especially outside the UK). Even the match Trump lost to Maguire 2 weeks he looked in control most of time and like the superior player.

Fortunately Ronnie has his confidence back now so hopefully he can give Trump a match tomorrow.

Postby Andre147

rofl rofl 3-1 up to Judd, and in the selby match still first frame... centurie from Judd.. like foulds said, this match could finish whitout the other finishing its first frame.... surreal this

Postby Skullman

I think the reason for this prolonged safety is because Selby has forgot to pot a ball rofl . Anyway hope Judd takes the next soon, then I can see Gould vs Selby on Eurosport before they finish the first frame! rofl

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:I think the reason for this prolonged safety is because Selby has forgot to pot a ball rofl . Anyway hope Judd takes the next soon, then I can see Gould vs Selby on Eurosport before they finish the first frame! rofl

Yeah... the black being right over the pocket is the reason for this prolonged battle... rofl still, nice to watch

Postby Casey

Andre147 wrote:
Casey wrote:If Trump wins does he play Ronnie in the QF? I can't access the worldsnooker website.

Yes he does

Best of 7? if it best of 11 or more I would really fancy Trump but best of 7 Ronnie has a real chance.

Postby Andre147

Casey wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
Casey wrote:If Trump wins does he play Ronnie in the QF? I can't access the worldsnooker website.

Yes he does

Best of 7? if it best of 11 or more I would really fancy Trump but best of 7 Ronnie has a real chance.

No, best of 9, semis is best of 11

Postby kostasmad

Not that surreal when Selby is playing...

I still remember 2 years ago when I was watching his quarter against Hamilton again for the Welsh Open..He was playing needing 4 snookers and Antony had that face "I want to cut his throat with my cue"

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Bingham lost this match after he missed a black of the spot in the second frame.

If you let Trump off the hook it's over.

he did yeah, had he gone 2 nil would have put pressure on judd and it could be a different story.. now certainly judd will win it

Postby Skullman

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Trump again frighteningly good. Maybe Ronnie should try some of Robbo's slowdown tactics.

Of course, that's why Robbo won. It wasn't anything to do with being a better player and Trump botttling his chances in that match. Remember the missed blue?

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Skullman wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:Trump again frighteningly good. Maybe Ronnie should try some of Robbo's slowdown tactics.

Of course, that's why Robbo won. It wasn't anything to do with being a better player and Trump botttling his chances in that match. Remember the missed blue?

I'm not referring to Robbo.

I'm saying that Ronnie won't be able to pot Trump off the table and he will need good controlled safeties to have a chance.

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:

sure I remember that one... Trump vs Ronnie... another titans duel... Ronnie has to have priority in getting the cue ball always tight to the baulk cushion,so that Judd can miss his longs ones he loves... and even that sometimes isnt enough... Ronnie´s safety play has to be spot on if he is to stand any chance gainst Judd, and of course has to score when given the chance

Postby Skullman

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Skullman wrote:

I'm saying that Ronnie won't be able to pot Trump off the table and he will need good controlled safeties to have a chance.

Sorry got a bit defensive there. :blush:

You can beat Trump with an agressive game. The important thing is to not make any mistakes and try and make sure Trump can't get any momentum, especially in such a short match. Ronnie is capable of beating Trump, the only thing that let him down in the Masters match was his safety.

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Skullman wrote:

Sorry got a bit defensive there. :blush:

You can beat Trump with an agressive game. The important thing is to not make any mistakes and try and make sure Trump can't get any momentum, especially in such a short match. Ronnie is capable of beating Trump, the only thing that let him down in the Masters match was his safety.

Yes, and that word "momentum" tells the whole story for me... if Judd starts getting it, then he runs away with it and almost impossible to catch.... then again, Ronnie is the same, although sometimes when in front he tends to bottle it in recent times...

That Uk match against him when 5-4 in front with a golden chance of victory always comes to mind, for very bad resason.. :irk:

Postby Andre147

Muppet147 wrote:Looking forward to the quarter final between O'Sullivan and Trump. If Trump plays like he did tonight I can only see one winner but if Ronnie can get off to a good start, he may have a chance.

Agree with that, although even a good start might not be enough, because in recent times he has bottled matches when in front

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Andre147 wrote:
Muppet147 wrote:Looking forward to the quarter final between O'Sullivan and Trump. If Trump plays like he did tonight I can only see one winner but if Ronnie can get off to a good start, he may have a chance.

Agree with that, although even a good start might not be enough, because in recent times he has bottled matches when in front

which ones?

Postby Witz78

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

which ones?

3-1 up V Selby in German PTC
5-4 up V Trump in UK
3-2 up v Hamilton in Shanghai

theres a few that spring to mind this season