Topic locked

Re: 888真人 Welsh Open Last 16 Discussion !!!!

Postby Andre147

Witz78 wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
Muppet147 wrote:Looking forward to the quarter final between O'Sullivan and Trump. If Trump plays like he did tonight I can only see one winner but if Ronnie can get off to a good start, he may have a chance.

Agree with that, although even a good start might not be enough, because in recent times he has bottled matches when in front

which ones?

3-1 up V Selby in German PTC
5-4 up V Trump in UK
3-2 up v Hamilton in Shanghai

theres a few that spring to mind this season

Yes, sory not to answer straight away... those are just a few this season... last season at the Worlds against Higgins too... he struggles to get over the line against players like Judd, Selby or Higgins

Postby Andre147

Murphy Allen will be a cracker too... though I´ll be paying more attention to the Ronnie match of course, as both are at the same time.. shame

Postby Witz78

SnookerFan wrote:I think I shall watch Ding vs Stephen Lee tomorrow.

NO WALL

SIMPLE FAN <doh>

TELL WELSH SUPERFAN AKA YOUR FELLOW CDL THAT THE SCOTTISH ALCOHOLIC SAYS HI :D

AND IF YOU SEE CJ DE MOOI TELL HIM THE BRISTOL TEAPOT SAY HI THERE :limp:

Postby Andre147

Mark Selby, not playing at his best, far from it, wins comfortably by 4-1... maybe the intense bout of safety in the opener had a little bit of negative affect on Gould´s game.... still, Martin had some bad run of the ball,but shuld have taken his chances better..

Selby now faces Maguire... Cracking quarter finals line ups we have.. :-) :-D <cool>

Postby Andre147

Selby will have to play a lot lot better tomorrow against Mags if he is to stand any chance...

But it´s a different day, so it can be a different selby.. we shall see...

Postby Skullman

Andre147 wrote:Mark Selby, not playing at his best, far from it, wins comfortably by 4-1... maybe the intense bout of safety in the opener had a little bit of negative affect on Gould´s game.... still, Martin had some bad run of the ball,but shuld have taken his chances better..

Selby now faces Maguire... Cracking quarter finals line ups we have.. :-) :-D <cool>

yup. Shame I'm not in for most of tomorrow. :-(

Postby Skullman

Andre147 wrote:Selby will have to play a lot lot better tomorrow against Mags if he is to stand any chance...

Everyone said the same after his match with Baird and he delivered. I'm sure he can do it again.

Mark Selby Welsh Open Champion 2012. :ahh:

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Andre147 wrote:
Witz78 wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
Muppet147 wrote:Looking forward to the quarter final between O'Sullivan and Trump. If Trump plays like he did tonight I can only see one winner but if Ronnie can get off to a good start, he may have a chance.

Agree with that, although even a good start might not be enough, because in recent times he has bottled matches when in front

which ones?

3-1 up V Selby in German PTC
5-4 up V Trump in UK
3-2 up v Hamilton in Shanghai

theres a few that spring to mind this season

Yes, sory not to answer straight away... those are just a few this season... last season at the Worlds against Higgins too... he struggles to get over the line against players like Judd, Selby or Higgins

PTCs don't count and he didn't bottle the Hamilton match.

I agree partly on the Trump match but I don't think it had anything to do with Judd. He just wasn't used to winning anymore and that lack of confidence showed in the last 2 frames, although it was far away from a classic bottle job.

I agree on Higgins, he has scars and he will struggle against him in the future also (but who doesn't struggle against Higgins in top form?). He hasn't played Selby for a long time now in an important match but on current form I certainly fancy Ronnie.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Skullman wrote:
Andre147 wrote:Selby will have to play a lot lot better tomorrow against Mags if he is to stand any chance...

Everyone said the same after his match with Baird and he delivered. I'm sure he can do it again.

Unlikely.

The favourites now (in that order):

1. Trump
2. Ronnie
3. Maguire
4. Murphy
5. Ding
6. Allen
7. Selby
8. Lee

Postby Skullman

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Skullman wrote:

Unlikely.

The favourites now (in that order):

1. Trump
2. Ronnie
3. Maguire
4. Murphy
5. Ding
6. Allen
7. Selby
8. Lee

My comment was tongue in cheek, although I think Selby has more chance than Allen and Ding of winning the event.

Postby jojo

to be honest they were all obvious

in fact the only last sixteen match which was hard to call at the start was higgins ding and that went to a decider the rest of the marches went according to plan

apart from the ding lee match predicting tomorrows quarter final winners is a lot more difficult but ill go for ronnie ding maguire and allen to win

Postby Witz78

amazingly just reading that in the qualifying tournament for the 1993 Grand Prix Ronnie O'Sullivan then 17 year old beat 79 year old Fred Davis 5-1. A mere SIXTY TWO years seperating them. That surely must be a record that will never be beaten.

Postby Rocket_ron

Witz78 wrote:amazingly just reading that in the qualifying tournament for the 1993 Grand Prix Ronnie O'Sullivan then 17 year old beat 79 year old Fred Davis 5-1. A mere SIXTY TWO years seperating them. That surely must be a record that will never be beaten.

stats <cool> :hatoff: :happy:

Postby Roland

moondan 24
devon
Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:11 pm Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:03 pm

last seen alive less than a month ago.

He had some stories to tell that one. Far far too obsessed with improvements in table technology though. Hopefully he's over that rubbish now.