Topic locked

Re: 888真人 Welsh Open Last 32 Discussion!!!!

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Casey wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Casey wrote:WOW - Carter really has lost the plot.

OK, Davis played very well but this result pretty much sums up his season so far.

Will it be his last season?

Beaten by Hendry and Davis - were does he go from here?

I'm not gonna join in on the Carter bashing. Dott had a downfall a couple of seasons ago but is now well back in the top 16. Carter has quality in him and his Crucible record shows it.

Postby GJ

He is simliar to ryan day he has had his time

the slide will continue

Postby GJ

People say robbo had easy final opponents in some look at carters 2 opponents

swail and burnett

He would never have won a title if he had faced a top class opponent in those finalsIMO

Postby GJ

Muppet147 wrote:
GJ wrote:People say robbo had easy final opponents

<ok>

the world open final was a piece of cake ;-)

Postby Witz78

GJ wrote:
Muppet147 wrote:

<ok>

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz what you trying to prove mate <doh>

theres more to winning a title than just winning a final

Robbos WC 2010 run was the easiest sequence of games ever - FACT :wave:

Postby GJ

Witz78 wrote:
GJ wrote:
Muppet147 wrote:

<ok>

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz what you trying to prove mate <doh>

theres more to winning a title than just winning a final

Robbos WC 2010 run was the easiest sequence of games ever - FACT :wave:

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Postby GJ

Snooker Overdrive wrote:I don't know when Ebdon's playing but I think he'll beat Gould.

i agree and its tomorrow evening <cool>

Postby Witz78

GJ wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:I don't know when Ebdon's playing but I think he'll beat Gould.

i agree and its tomorrow evening <cool>

well at last weve got some common ground :clap:

yeh just like Davis today i also fancy another one of my players Ebdon to deliver the goods tomorrow.

I cant help but think now that Goulds a top 16 fraud, when has he ever beat a top player come to think of it? :shrug:

Postby GJ

I think all the seeds barring martin will win tomorrow

wednesdays games look abit trickier

ronnie v fu
stevens v baz hawkins
allen v doherty -

Postby Witz78

can see Ronnie losing

now hes safe in top 16 that takes the edge off him

no incentive for him to hang around in Newport for a week

hes done this all season, been in top 16 danger at start of a rankings period so he gets the finger out early on and gets points in the bag then eases off when assured or when he thinks he is.

If he has any sense he will try hard here though cos itll be a head start instead of having to yet again start the next period having to fight to stay in top 16 when his WC QF points come off.

Also if he can boost his ranking he could face his bunny Williams in the 2nd round at Crucible instead of Ronnie or Selby who own him.

Postby Witz78

can see Ronnie losing

hes done this all season, been in top 16 danger at start of a rankings period so he gets the finger out early on and gets points in the bag then eases off when assured or when he thinks he is.

If he has any sense he will try hard here though cos itll be a head start instead of having to yet again start the next period having to fight to stay in top 16 when his WC QF points come off.

Also if he can boost his ranking he could face his bunny Williams in the 2nd round at Crucible instead of Ronnie or Selby who own him.

Postby Witz78

can see Ronnie losing

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Witz78 wrote:If he has any sense he will try hard here though cos itll be a head start instead of having to yet again start the next period having to fight to stay in top 16 when his WC QF points come off.

Agreed. But this will also be the last time Ronnie will lose ground due to a cut-off point after that the points of the horror season will come off.

Postby GJ

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
GJ wrote:I think all the seeds barring martin will win tomorrow

wednesdays games look abit trickier

ronnie v fu
stevens v baz hawkins
allen v doherty -

Allen should be win his match easily though.

<ok>

Postby GJ

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Witz78 wrote:If he has any sense he will try hard here though cos itll be a head start instead of having to yet again start the next period having to fight to stay in top 16 when his WC QF points come off.

Agreed. But this will also be the last time Ronnie will lose ground due to a cut-off point after that the points of the horror season will come off.

same with robbo he only has world open points ioff next season the rest is minimal

Both should rise a good bit next season :-)

Postby Snooker Overdrive

GJ wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:

same with robbo he only has world open points ioff next season the rest is minimal

Both should rise a good bit next season :-)

:-)

Postby Witz78

to get his good rise hes gotta go down first so its kinda false to say hes going to rise.

hes gonna lose the 10,000 WC plus 7,000 WO points plus more in the enxt 2 cut off so hes gonna have do a lot of work just to maintain his position.

to be honest the "hes got few points to defend" or "hes gonna lose a lot of points soon" is a bit tedious in a way, cos ultimately the official rankings are determined by your results over the last 2 year period, so its the same for all.

Postby Witz78

GJ wrote:witz

prediction for robbo v hendo

youd normally think itd be a routine easy Robbo win

BUT

ive got quite a good 6th sense with predictions

and i seriously think Hendry has a good chance here

just a gut feeling, partly down to the shorter format.

partly feel he is due a win against a top player as its been a while plus the Welsh does tend to throw up some shock results.

not sure how serious Robbo will be taking things either.

so, yeh Hendry 4-2, you heard it first here.