Topic locked

Re: Welsh Open Draw and Format

Postby Witz78

Witz78 wrote:yeh Mavis is a joke

how the hell he could get in the top 16 anyway is a joke, can anyone even think of a decent run hes had in a tourney?

and has he ever beaten a decent player in his career haha

that bottle job v Ding at the UK just sums up his career

journeyman

Postby vodkadiet

how the hell he could get in the top 16 anyway is a joke, can anyone even think of a decent run hes had in a tourney?

I remember him reaching the quarters of a ranking event in about 1993. I knew he was class then, and he hasn't disappointed.

Postby GJ

its like when hendo stayed in due to winning last 32's all season but never makiing the quarters

rofl <laugh>

Postby Snooker Overdrive

vodkadiet wrote:
GJ wrote:If ding beats mavs the top 16 spots look sorted for the worlds

I hope Rigsby is in the 16, as I wany hi beaten at The Crucible and not in a cubicle.

As far as Rigsby losing; Crucible > Cubicle

I wouldn't mind Ronnie playing Higgins in the last 16 considering Higgins's form so far this season and his last two performances trying to defend his World title 2008 and 2010.

Postby SnookerFan

Witz78 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:One more sleep 'til snooker starts.

:mex: :mex:

you going to this tripe :gag:

Towards the end of the tournament, yes. I got tickets to Friday evening and all day for Saturday and Sunday. Hopefully get some decent matches.

I must confess a soft spot for the Newport Centre. For some reason, despite Newport itself being so rubbish. It reminds me of my home town, I think. Dirty and populated by chavs.

Postby SnookerFan

Witz78 wrote:i heard the nightlife in Newport is non existent so youll fit in well :D

I quite like the pubs in Newport, but again they're very familar for me.

I went in one called The Lamb one year, the night before the matches started. The two comments on beerintheevening.com's entry for it are; "Shithole" and "Town centre Dump, but don't knock it there's few of these original character boozers left. Too many Lagers slappers and 'Ne'er do wells' for me although Landlord's a pleasant chap"

<laugh> That night I stayed a bit longer than intended, because some teenagers outside were having some kind of a riot, and the police had to break it up. Very much reminds me of the pubs of Croydon.

Postby GJ

First time im going to do this put im 90 % likely to pick against one of my favs in predicts

His opponent is in great form

Postby Witz78

GJ wrote:First time im going to do this put im 90 % likely to pick against one of my favs in predicts

yeh according to Wild Hendrys in great form and didnt deserve to lose 6/6 in the Championship League :dizzy:

Postby GJ

Witz78 wrote:
GJ wrote:First time im going to do this put im 90 % likely to pick against one of my favs in predicts

yeh according to Wild Hendrys in great form and didnt deserve to lose 6/6 in the Championship League :dizzy:

no im talking about baz v stevens <ok>

Postby Smart

GJ wrote:
Witz78 wrote:

ladyboy is still favourite with the bookies :baby:

Postby GJ

Smart wrote:
GJ wrote:
Witz78 wrote:

ladyboy is still favourite with the bookies :baby:

Baz in good form great value IMO

Postby SnookerFan

It's like a Snooker Legend event. Ken Doherty, Steve Davis and Stephen Hendry all there... :mex: :mex: :bowdown:

The question is, can any of these actually win a match?

Steve Davis has Ali Carter. No gimme, obviously. But who can tell with Carter? First he's retiring, then he's not. Then he's whinging about the game, then he's saying he loves it again on Twitter. It'll be interesting to see, even if you'd ordinarily predict Steve to get a sound thrashing.

Ken-Do is playing Mark Allen, but he could be playing a randomly picked guy from the crowd. He'd still lose.

Stephen Hendry is playing Neil Robertson. So a guaranteed Neil Robertson win. rofl

Postby GJ

SnookerFan wrote:It's like a Snooker Legend event. Ken Doherty, Steve Davis and Stephen Hendry all there... :mex: :mex: :bowdown:

Steve Davis has Ali Carter. No gimme, obviously. But who can tell with Carter? First he's retiring, then he's not. Then he's whinging about the game, then he's saying he loves it again on Twitter. It'll be interesting to see, even if you'd ordinarily predict Steve to get a sound thrashing.

Ken-Do is playing Mark Allen, but he could be playing a randomly picked guy from the crowd. He'd still lose.

Stephen Hendry is playing Neil Robertson. So a guaranteed Neil Robertson win. rofl

Some sense from you for once <ok>

Postby SnookerFan

GJ wrote:Some sense from you for once <ok>

If I said that Neil Robertson should steal your girlfriend, you'd say it was sense. rofl

Postby vodkadiet

Newport is like hell on earth. I can't imagine a worse place to be on a cold a Monday in February.

Anyone travelling down needs their head tested.

Postby Witz78

vodkadiet wrote:Newport is like hell on earth. I can't imagine a worse place to be on a cold a Monday in February.

CDL and his apprentice SF are welcome to it

and dont be surprised to see Mr and Mrs Git make an appearance too :gag:

Postby Witz78

SnookerFan wrote:It's like a Snooker Legend event. Ken Doherty, Steve Davis and Stephen Hendry all there... :mex: :mex: :bowdown:

id never back Davis to lose heavily to Carter, dont even think id pick myself to lose heavily either to this incarnarion of El Crapitano.

I strongly fancy Davis to produce the goods and beat Carter <ok>

i sense we are due another trademark Davis good run in a tournament to further add to his legacy. He has recent (by Davus standards) form in the Welsh too, runner up and semi finalist in 04 and 05 .

Postby SnookerFan

vodkadiet wrote:Newport is like hell on earth. I can't imagine a worse place to be on a cold a Monday in February.

You've obviously never been to Croydon.

Postby SnookerFan

Witz78 wrote:
id never back Davis to lose heavily to Carter, dont even think id pick myself to lose heavily either to this incarnarion of El Crapitano.

I strongly fancy Davis to produce the goods and beat Carter <ok>

i sense we are due another trademark Davis good run in a tournament to further add to his legacy. He has recent (by Davus standards) form in the Welsh too, runner up and semi finalist in 04 and 05 .

He certainly has more chance of winning his match than Doherty or Hendry have of theirs.

I'd love it if The Nugget had another run in Newport.

Postby vodkadiet

SnookerFan wrote:

I have fond memories. I shagged a married Sri Lankan girl when I was last there.

Postby GJ

vodkadiet wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

I havce fond memories. I shagged a married Sri Lankan girl when I was last there.

<laugh> :evilgrin:

Postby vodkadiet

GJ wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

I havce fond memories. I shagged a married Sri Lankan girl when I was last there.

<laugh> :evilgrin:

She was married to a guy who was sleeping around, and wanted to gain revenge in the shape of Frame's experienced Penis. Can you blame the lass?!!

Postby SnookerFan

vodkadiet wrote:
She was married to a guy who was sleeping around, and wanted to gain revenge in the shape of Frame's experienced Penis. Can you blame the lass?!!

Do you remember the address of this woman? rofl