Topic locked

Re: PartyPoker.net German Masters Final Discussion !!

Postby Wildey

Witz would Rather see Ronnie playing the Style oif game that so Ronnie winning No World Title in the 90s ...

Absalute bullocks that does buck all for me thats Why Drago is marmite.

Postby Witz78

Wild wrote:Witz would Rather see Ronnie playing the Style oif game that so Ronnie winning No World Title in the 90s ...

Whilst the totally raw Ronnie of the 90s had gone slightly around the millenium when he won his 1st world title, he was still a lot more kamikaze and wreckless back then, than he has been of late (when his minds on it of course)

his safety and tactical game a decade ago was a fraction then of what it is now

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:
Wild wrote:Witz would Rather see Ronnie playing the Style oif game that so Ronnie winning No World Title in the 90s ...

Whilst the totally raw Ronnie of the 90s had gone slightly around the millenium when he won his 1st world title, he was still a lot more kamikaze and wreckless back then, than he has been of late (when his minds on it of course)

his safety and tactical game a decade ago was a fraction then of what it is now

he was never kamakaze even in his best period....yes he played kamakazee and he lost Marco Fu in china Springs to mind where he played Brilliant stuff and Lost 5-4 But to get Success he has always played proper snooker...

Postby vodkadiet

Rigsby will never win a ranking event with a tough draw, however he plays. He had the easiest draw possible in Berlin, and still should have beaten 3 or 4 times in the 5 matches(but for playing a bunch of chokers).

Postby Witz78

vodkadiet wrote:Rigsby will never win a ranking event with a tough draw, however he plays. He had the easiest draw possible in Berlin, and still should have beaten 3 or 4 times in the 5 matches(but for playing a bunch of chokers).

Ronnie achieved a double mission in Germany

he proved that Robbos not the only player who can win a tournament thanks to an easy draw

and

he proved that Higgins is not the only player who can win a tournament coming back from the dead in every game

Postby snooky147

Sadly, I had to miss the final but by all accounts it was a fantastic match. Congratulations to O'sullivan on his win, it's been a long time in coming. Hard luck for Stephen though he should take heart that he is back playing well again. The German fans once again turned out in force for the whole tournament and they got treated to some fantastic snooker over the course of the event. Long may the involvement in Germany continue.

Postby vodkadiet

Witz78 wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:Rigsby will never win a ranking event with a tough draw, however he plays. He had the easiest draw possible in Berlin, and still should have beaten 3 or 4 times in the 5 matches(but for playing a bunch of chokers).

he proved that Robbos not the only player who can win a tournament thanks to an easy draw

and

he proved that Higgins is not the only player who can win a tournament coming back from the dead in every game

His biggest 'come back from the dead' was coming back from 1-1 against Perry!

Seriously though look at the players he beat; Higginson(choked like Jana Novotna against Steffi Graf at Wimbledon 93); Perry(Rigsby has been beating him in junior and pro events for over 20 years); Stevens(need I say more?); Lee(never beaten O'Sullivan as far as I am aware and always bottles it against him, nice guy though); Maguire(played well early on, but as usual against Rigsby, choked in the home straight).

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Thankfully one of the chokers was still good enough to whitewash Higgins 5-0.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Witz78 wrote:

and

rofl :hatoff:

Postby Witz78

Snooker Overdrive wrote:

and whitewash one of the other CDLs Murphy 6-0

Postby Roland

Witz78 wrote:
Sonny wrote:You can't tell me Ronnie is better to watch in exhibitions than he is when he's playing match snooker like last night because it's bull. When he's desperate to win and is trying his hardest, that's when he's really great to watch.

right what ill say is this.

Id far rather see Ronnie play exhibition style snooker than that Higgins-esque / Robbo-esque tripe last night.

the key point is Ronnie has played exhibition style snooker in countless ranking matches down the years and thats what seperates him from the bulk of the tour.

Sure its good as a fan to see him digging in and showing determination and fight, but id far rather see him not having to resort to this B game, and able to play his old dominant high scoring style of play.

If this is the blueprint for the new Ronnies style, if it gets him results like last night, then fair enough, but hes slowly going to become a sort of Jimmy figure and a generation will grow up thinking of him as a grinder and a hit and run player which he is not. The free flowing all out attack mantle has well and truly been handed to Judd now it has to be said.

<laugh>

Postby vodkadiet

Witz78 wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:

and whitewash one of the other CDLs Murphy 6-0

Irrelevant. Fact is, when he plays Rigsby, he bottles it.

Postby vodkadiet

Sonny wrote:So you're saying Maguire bottled it last night? Did you not see the frame to get to 8-7?

That was when he was behind, and on the brink of defeat.

As the saying goes "When I gave up all hope, I felt so much better".

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:Sonny do you think Maguire will win a ranking title this season? Still 4 rankers to go ...

5 if you include PTC Finals which is classed as a full ranker im sure

yes murphy is up to 4 rankers based on last years PTC Finals

Postby Casey

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Sonny do you think Maguire will win a ranking title this season? Still 4 rankers to go ...

I know you didn't ask me...but I will give my two cents worth anyway.... ;-)

I think last night's defeat crushed him, he was in a good position and let Ronnie back in it. He did play well, as did Ronnie, however it wasn't enough and I think it will take some time to get over it.

I could be wrong of course, I have know to be from time to time :evilgrin: although on this occasion I think I'm spot on.

From the 4 rankers left I think Murphy, Higgins and Selby will win - the other could be the likes of Williams, Robbo, Trump, Ronnie and Ding.

Postby The Cueist

Witz78 wrote:

and

I can live with that witz,Had Ronnie met Trump this week,He might have done him.

In all honesty as a Ronnie fan,Ronnie would have struggled with him.

Fair enough,I agree as it is the truth.

Postby The Cueist

Vodkadiet is talking crap again,Trump avoided yes,The rest no.

You talk too much vodka gobshite.

The tables are too difficult to keep potting on when out of position,Thus misses and wobbles occur. >-(

You assume things ,Yo need to reason a bit more to figure things out you dodo. :phew:

Postby The Cueist

Witz78 wrote:
The Cueist wrote:
Muppet147 wrote:Missed the last session but it sounds like it was exciting.

Congratulations to Ronnie on winning and bad luck to Maguire who played some amazing snooker in the opening session.

Aye,Mags lost by a fraction.

Ronnie up to 13th chasing Gouldie for 12th in the world,Well done Ronnie. :D :D

thats a few times ive saw this now, nobody corrected you <doh>

Ronnies 15th, dont waste your time with them stupid world snooker rankings, there about as much use as Rodney Walkers used toilet paper is

Arrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :gag:

Thanks for the correction. <laugh>

Postby Witz78

vodkadiet wrote:The Cueist

What you know about snooker could be written on the back of a postage stamp.

Now go back out. This is the kerb crawlers peak hour.

:-D

exactly so no point going out and having to hunt around for scraps

wait till it dies down later and you have your pick of the sloppy seconds :evilgrin:

Postby vodkadiet

Witz78 wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:The Cueist

What you know about snooker could be written on the back of a postage stamp.

Now go back out. This is the kerb crawlers peak hour.

:-D

exactly so no point going out and having to hunt around for scraps

wait till it dies down later and you have your pick of the sloppy seconds :evilgrin:

Or in your case Witz, sloppy three thousands.

Close enough?!!

:shrug:

Postby Roland

It's usually arguments but this one has been pretty fair by my reckoning. Ronnie was brilliant in the final, Maguire was dominating and he knuckled down and refused to be beaten. Great performance.