Topic locked

Re: PartyPoker.net German Masters Final Discussion !!

Postby Snooker Overdrive

jojo wrote:in fact im going to make a bold prediction and say ronnie o sullivan will win the world title this year

ok it look like he lost a bit of his flair but that mainly because he taking a more measured approach he knows as he getting older despite his talent he using his head more but thats what make him so dangerous a ronnie o sullivan of ten years ago would never have won this match like he did he refused a lot of pots and didnt let his head drop when he got out of position a few times

people will say well there are other players hes frightened of but a lot can happen between now and sheffield and he might even beat one or two of them before then to get a psychological edge

im not sure whos side of the draw he going to be in but i think he will lift the title in may theres no one he cant beat and if people being pessimistic saying he wont be able to handle higgins selby and judd and the like well it highly unlikely he got to play all of them

I hope you're right. But for now I'm just gonna enjoy this brilliant win. Tomorrow I will talk about what will be possible in the future. I'm off to bed now, goodnight. :win:

Postby GJ

SnookerFan wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:I want to be the first on record to say this. Ronnie O'Sullivan will win this match.

:mosh2:

Considering it was a jinx as you did the same thing in the worlds last year after he beat dale

:fart: :wave: :baby:

Postby gallantrabbit

Of course all the talk is about Ronnie this morning and no surprise there. BUT despite not being a Maguire fan, (personally) it's great to see him back playing the sort of steamroller snooker we were used to seeing from him. He's managed to find that extra ounce of fight again. Murphy didn't stand a chance in the semi. (Murphy still intimidated by the select few). The stronger the fields the better the entertainment. Apart from the obvious few top ranked we want to see every sinew strained by Maguire, Allen etc so every tournament is as hard fought. Would be good to see guys like Perry, Carter and Day back competing but they haven't been showing much in the way of guts recently...

Postby SnookerFan

Maguire had some immense wins. A whitewash of John Higgins, a whitewash of Shaun Murphy. Beating man of the moment Judd Trump in a deciding frame. You could argue he had a harder route to the final than Ronnie. And he really had Ronnie on the ropes early on, despite Ronnie making few mistakes.

Postby Roland

You can't tell me Ronnie is better to watch in exhibitions than he is when he's playing match snooker like last night because it's bull. When he's desperate to win and is trying his hardest, that's when he's really great to watch.

Postby SnookerFan

Sonny wrote:You can't tell me Ronnie is better to watch in exhibitions than he is when he's playing match snooker like last night because it's bull. When he's desperate to win and is trying his hardest, that's when he's really great to watch.

People who say stuff like that tend to be the ones who don't care about match play, and just want to see centuries.

It's a shame there have been several occasions where Ronnie hasn't tried anything like his best in a ranking tournament.

Postby gallantrabbit

Exhibitions are good to see the players close up and maybe have the chance for a chat. The real stuff is on the match table though. There you see the real deal. Any player can make tons and play out of this world shots in exhibitions.

Postby Roland

And for exhibitions read invitational events, shot clock events, premier league, power snooker as well. There's only one version of the game that matters.

Postby Roland

Andy Spark wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Andy Spark wrote:Well done Ronnie...... :happy:

You didn't have to delete the "you guys aren't so bad here" part <laugh>

However welcome!

haha..... I just thought Dan might not like it. But thanks! :-D :happy:
....anyway you guys aren't so bad here...(as long as you say reasonably nice things about Ronnie!!!....haha)

Tell him to get a shift on with this Youtube speech would you. I noticed the other day yet another misquote taken from this forum.

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:
Sonny wrote:I think I know the people you're on about :redneck:

You may think that, I couldn't possibly comment. :redneck:

i can

useless hammers <ok>

Postby SnookerFan

Wild wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

i can

useless hammers <ok>

I knew I could count on you to get to the core of the matter.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Sonny wrote:You can't tell me Ronnie is better to watch in exhibitions than he is when he's playing match snooker like last night because it's not true. When he's desperate to win and is trying his hardest, that's when he's really great to watch.

I agree totally. Just like in the 2009 Masters it was fantastic to see Ronnie try his hardest and playing tough match play snooker.

The fist pumps showed how much this meant to him. I have only see him do it on 2 other occasions - beating Williams in a decider in the 2010 Masters semi and against Selby after the famous 2007 UK semi deciding frame.

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:
Wild wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

i can

useless hammers <ok>

I knew I could count on you to get to the core of the matter.

Listening to Ronnie talk he has more Enjoyment out of Playing Proper Snooker where even a Tough safety comes off Than just play meaningless Exhibition where he can Let Rip.

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:Fist pump shows passion. People who criticise fist pumpers are :limp:

Smart :wave:

hes a sportsman and as a sportsman he has a competative streak what motivates Ronnie is a challange he doesent get turned on by thrashing everyone he gets bored.

Postby Witz78

I see even when Ronnie wins the I am some twats are out in force trying to score some points with ulterior motives etc.
Al b back later after my work, with my full take on Sonnys initial comment and the inevitable subsequent waffle which followed.
Good day to u all :D

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:I see even when Ronnie wins the I am some twats are out in force trying to score some points with ulterior motives etc.
Al b back later after my work, with my full take on Sonnys initial comment and the inevitable subsequent waffle which followed.
Good day to u all :D

no the waffeling will start ummmmm what time you finishing work ??

Postby SnookerFan

Sonny wrote:Holty referred to Witz and thingy as "militant snooker fans" - that's a great description <laugh>

Why should we take what he says seriously any more? It'd have been a bigger insult if he'd have just gone; "You guys are so like me."

Postby The Cueist

Muppet147 wrote:Missed the last session but it sounds like it was exciting.

Congratulations to Ronnie on winning and bad luck to Maguire who played some amazing snooker in the opening session.

Aye,Mags lost by a fraction.

Ronnie up to 13th chasing Gouldie for 12th in the world,Well done Ronnie. :D :D

Postby The Cueist

SnookerFan wrote:Fist pumping. bad monkey

He is looking at pictures of miss Tabb in an edition of SnookerScene that has some rather stuck together pages. ;-) :limp: :limp: :wkr: :limp2: :limp2:

By the way,I am not or ever have been FRAME AND FORTUNE,Potquick the great and The Cueist are my two posting names.

I do have an acid but dry wit,But i have more honesty in me than to go on like that loony from 606 which i also never post on.

I seem to get a hint of this via the IMPORTANT mr Smart im very important i have a reciept for A LOAD OF SHARES AND YOU MUST ALL KNOW ABOUT IT BECAUSE IT IS A SNOOKER FORUM. :baby:
Last edited by The Cueist on 06 Feb 2012, edited 1 time in total.