Topic locked

Re: PartyPoker.net German Masters Final Discussion !!

Postby SnookerFan

John From London Town wrote:Holt is coming across as he's up his own backside at times. The dogs on the street know that his biggest issue is working out the bit between his ears. He's far too deep.

Back to the final. We've got ourselves a good one.

Agreed on all points.

Holt = hammer.

Final = Should be good.

Postby hendry_fan

First of all,congrats to Maguire.I did,nt even see a minute of his match against Murphy yesterday,Murphy well n truly thumped.Hmmmm,pity Maguire did,nt forget his chalk again,at least Murphy would have gotten a frame on the board. :clap: <laugh> ;-)

Ronnie O'Sullivan v Stephen Maguire.

Like most,i,m expecting Ronnie to win as we know that Maguire often crumbles when he plays Ronnie but surprise results of course happen and Maguire is looking very determined and has been good all week.

Come onnnnn Maguire,lets continue the good form you,ve shown so far this week,you,ve been burning but it,s time now to really be "on fire"!. :-D

<ok> COME ONNNNNNNNNN MAGUIRE!!!!. <ok>

Postby GJ

Sonny wrote:Holty's not come out of this smelling of roses. He sure does have a high opinion of himself.

Is he still sliding down the rankings :evilgrin: :-)

Postby GJ

TBH i used to think holt was a proper character and funny but seeing as hes never on tv stages these days :evilgrin:

He must have to get himself coverage other ways .....

Postby The Cueist

GJ wrote:TBH i used to think holt was a proper character and funny but seeing as hes never on tv stages these days :evilgrin:

He must have to get himself coverage other ways .....

Aye,But still a character nonetheless. ;-)

Must say,Very impressed with Maguire,

Should be a very good final between him and Ros,Who beat the Burger van man in yesterdays semi. ;-)

Postby SnookerFan

I don't usually like getting involved in other people's arguments, but I must say being that as most of this is going on on twitter, I take it Michael Holt hasn't got any problem with other people knowing or judging what he was saying.

And I think most would agree Holt's tirade was pretty unprovoked towards one fan in particular, then all snooker fans. One comment by one that he rated Stephen Maguire highly was all it took for Holt to go on a rage that fans should have no opinion on the game because they don't play professionally. Tottally uncalled for.

Postby The Cueist

Well some great debate as usual,Apathy reigns supreme on this forum again.

I dont think i shall be bothering too much in future,That is to deal with the lame.

I have better things to do in my life.

Also i dont need to brag and post receipts of share purchases like some on here do,They know who they are.

Could i just say that was a bummy braggy thing to do and i was very bemused by it.

Goodbye to the apathetic little clique this has turned into.

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Todays final features, without a doubt, the 2 men of the week.

Ronnie hasn't won a ranking event since 2009, Maguire is waiting even longer since 2008. So both players will be desperate to get their hands on this title.

Yes should be a great final... hope Ronnie has had a good night´s sleep and ready for it..

Postby hendry_fan

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Todays final features, without a doubt, the 2 men of the week.

Ronnie hasn't won a ranking event since 2009, Maguire is waiting even longer since 2008. So both players will be desperate to get their hands on this title.

Good point Snooker Overdrive.One thing i,ve noticed about Maguire is that he,s showed more patience than usual,it,s certainly paid off,he,s won a good few frames he probably would,nt have won a season,two ago.

Postby Witz78

The Cueist wrote:Well some great debate as usual,Apathy reigns supreme on this forum again.

I dont think i shall be bothering too much in future,That is to deal with the lame.

I have better things to do in my life.

Also i dont need to brag and post receipts of share purchases like some on here do,They know who they are.

Could i just say that was a bummy braggy thing to do and i was very bemused by it.

Goodbye to the apathetic little clique this has turned into.

come back mate <ok>

Postby Andre147

It is vital for Ronnie to get off to a good start, getting some frames ahead, so that he can take advantage of that lead... otherwise if he has to battle too much the tiredness might get to him...

Postby jojo

what the shenanigans with holt ? im not on twitter but it look like he upsetting a lot of people

personally if i was a top level professional i wouldnt go near that thing

back to matters on the table and ronnie goes 1-0 with a century after maguire broke down on 25 if ronnie take a lead into the final session he will win comfortably he always relaxed against maguire

Postby Smart

jojo wrote:what the shenanigans with holt ? im not on twitter but it look like he upsetting a lot of people

personally if i was a top level professional i wouldnt go near that thing

back to matters on the table and ronnie goes 1-0 with a century after maguire broke down on 25 if ronnie take a lead into the final session he will win comfortably he always relaxed against maguire

Holt is the last person that should be on twitter, dodgey temperament and I would say an easy wind-up target. :baby: