Topic locked

Re: PartyPoker.net German Masters Final Discussion !!

Postby randam05

Incredible.

AHHHHH snooker is definitely the best thing ever. Nothing compares. It may sound sad, but at the age of 18 snooker is my life.

Good to see ronnie happy with a win and still competing. And again the German masters has proved to be one of the best tournaments of the season by far, as it did last year.

Germany and europe is definitely the way forward for snooker.

Postby randam05

Sonny wrote:This was the shot Mags reflected on.

It looked to pacey to me to stay on the yellow anyway. I thought the knuckle was lucky to hold him for some chance on the yellow. Maybe im wrong?

I think i was watching it on a bad stream at that point as a load of Africans were argueing about silly fouls in this awful game called football on eurosport.

Postby jojo

nice to see a measured response from ronnie and him paying tribute to maguire who did play really well but it was a stone wall certainty ronnie was always going to win that match

the key was at 6-3 maguire had a chance to go 7-3 and didnt take it he also had chances at 6-5 i think there was an element of bottling in it but that sound harsh on him

as for ronnie expect him to average something like one to two ranking event wins for the next ten years or so

there are a few players robertson selby higgins trump where he hasnt got a great recent record against them but in real term all it mean is they can turn him over as much as he can them that why of the nine or so ranking events on offer every season he will average about one or two

the other players when his head in the right frame of mind it almost like he has a few frames headstart against
Last edited by jojo on 06 Feb 2012, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Roland

He played it at the right pace, was obviously intending to hit cushion before middle pocket, then he'd have been perfect. Anyway, it's all ifs and buts, Ronnie was superb to turn that match around. Shame he ruined it with talking rubbish about retirement as soon as a mic was shoved under his nose.

Postby randam05

Witz78 wrote:what did he say at the end, i turned off the dodgy stream or er, well it kinda turned itself off

Only a subtle hint at retirement, but then said he does want to win more over the next few years, so not bad.

Congratulated stephen on being a great player, having a great week, and being a top guy.

Then said how amazing the crowd were and how you want to win infront of them!

Postby vodkadiet

[quote="Witz78"]what did he say at the end, i turned off the dodgy stream or er, well it kinda turned itself off[/quote

The usual diatribe Rigsby always comes out with.

:zzz:

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:That was a Higgins-like win from Ronnie today. Total grit and determination combined with pure class.

True that, showed all week that he can also battle from behind, Higgins style indeed.....

He was so happy, and gave full credit to Stephen by saying that he has been playing the way he was during the 2004 season when Ronnie tipped him to dominate the sport..

And his compliment to that amazing crowd and venue,saying that it was the best since the old Conference Center, was something woth mentioning too.....

Great to see Ronnie back to winning ways :D :D :D :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy:

Postby DavieMac

Witz78 wrote:
DavieMac wrote:He also let the F word slip out. Its not twitter though so he should be ok.

if he said Fokker he was probably just referring to the famous German fighter planes from WW2 ala Stan Boardman style :wave:

No... it was fandabbydozy.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

jojo wrote:nice to see a measured response from ronnie and him paying tribute to maguire who did play really well but it was a stone wall certainty ronnie was always going to win that match

the key was at 6-3 maguire had a chance to go 7-3 and didnt take it he also had chances at 6-5 i think there was an element of bottling in it but that sound harsh on him

as for ronnie expect him to average something like one to two ranking event wins for the next ten years or so

there are a few players robertson selby higgins trump where he hasnt got a great recent record against them but in real term all it mean is they can turn him over as much as he can them that why of the nine or so ranking events on offer every season he will average about one or two

the other players when his head in the right frame of mind it almost like he has a few frames headstart against

:bowdown: jojo you were right all along. You do know you're stuff. I hope you're right with the other things you predicted.

Postby jojo

in fact im going to make a bold prediction and say ronnie o sullivan will win the world title this year

ok it look like he lost a bit of his flair but that mainly because he taking a more measured approach he knows as he getting older despite his talent he using his head more but thats what make him so dangerous a ronnie o sullivan of ten years ago would never have won this match like he did he refused a lot of pots and didnt let his head drop when he got out of position a few times

people will say well there are other players hes frightened of but a lot can happen between now and sheffield and he might even beat one or two of them before then to get a psychological edge

im not sure whos side of the draw he going to be in but i think he will lift the title in may theres no one he cant beat and if people being pessimistic saying he wont be able to handle Higgins selby and judd and the like well it highly unlikely he got to play all of them
Last edited by jojo on 06 Feb 2012, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Andy Spark

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Andy Spark wrote:Well done Ronnie...... :happy:

You didn't have to delete the "you guys aren't so bad here" part <laugh>

However welcome!

haha..... I just thought Dan might not like it. But thanks! :-D :happy:
....anyway you guys aren't so bad here...(as long as you say reasonably nice things about Ronnie!!!....haha)