Topic locked

Re: PartyPoker.net German Masters Semi Final Discussion !!

Postby DavieMac

Andre147 wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:I'm not sure who I would prefer to play Ronnie tomorrow. Lets put it this way: both are beatable.

I think I would rather prefer Maguire to face Ronnie, Murphy is not afraid of him and might well win the match, and Mags still has some scars from previous matches against Ronnie... But it all depends on how both perform this evening...

Whoever comes through, I´m certain it wont be a walkover for Ronnie, as some of you are saying...

:hatoff:

Postby Roland

As you can see there was no way the green was the right shot to play and I'm surprised Lee missed the red or even hit it hard enough for it to rattle in the yellow pocket and travel across to land over the green pocket. The fact he didn't stop and compose himself for the pink was the more concerning thing, it was match ball after all. Mind you it wasn't that surprising when you think he didn't play on for snookers when only needing 5 points worth with colours all bunched up and then the other green he hit too hard to middle after potting an opening long red at the start of the last frame and quite a few missed blacks along the way as well. He was there for the taking at the end there. There's no way he'll play that bad tomorrow though.

Postby Witz78

In other news, id like to retract my previous criticisms of Holt

i now see him in a different light, now ive fully looked into his feuds.

anyone who gets Hendons back up too is a friend of mine.

good to see a player willing to challenge authority,

hes even having digs at Everton too haha

Postby Steve K

Put the Ronnie post-match quotes up - http://maximumsnooker.com/partypoker.ne ... st_lee.htm

He seemed really drained, tired etc at the post-match press conference. He will definitely need a good sleep tonight and to get off to a good start in the first session tomorrow or Maguire/Murphy could walk over him.

Postby jojo

didnt know he was struggling with glandular fever that may explain why his performance was so poor but i dont want to use that as an excuse

ronnie was really poor today and it quite fortunate for him that the players left in the tournament are his bunnys if there were people like robertson judd higgins even selby still in i dont think he would have been favourite

all in all it an amazing achievement for him to get to the final especially when you consider how some have written him off he 36 and a ranking event title is a ranking event title i expect him to win it tomorrow

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:In other news, id like to retract my previous criticisms of Holt

anyone who says you know rubbish is ok with me.

Hendon :hatoff:

Holt :hatoff:

Postby Monique

Steve K wrote:Put the Ronnie post-match quotes up - http://maximumsnooker.com/partypoker.ne ... st_lee.htm

He seemed really drained, tired etc at the post-match press conference. He will definitely need a good sleep tonight and to get off to a good start in the first session tomorrow or Maguire/Murphy could walk over him.

I have the whole interview recorded and will upload it later. You will see by yourself.
It was obvious that towards the end of the match Ronnie wasn't thinking clear anymore and just wanted it to be over and get some sleep…

Postby Witz78

Wild wrote:
Witz78 wrote:In other news, id like to retract my previous criticisms of Holt

anyone who says you know rubbish is ok with me.

Hendon :hatoff:

Holt :hatoff:

suck rubbish u muppet :mosh2:

Postby Witz78

Monique wrote:
Steve K wrote:Put the Ronnie post-match quotes up - http://maximumsnooker.com/partypoker.ne ... st_lee.htm

I have the whole interview recorded and will upload it later. You will see by yourself.
It was obvious that towards the end of the match Ronnie wasn't thinking clear anymore and just wanted it to be over and get some sleep…

yeh it has to be said, he does appear to look rather tired towards the end :dizzy:

Postby Smart

Sonny wrote:For those that missed it, Ronnie developed the last red from the second to last red and landed like this:

whereupon he powered the green to middle and missed, the green flew around the table landing close its own spot, and he left the white in baulk leaving Lee a cut back on the red which he missed to yellow pocket and stuck it over the green pocket. Ronnie potted the last red then during what looked like a routine clear up he landed like this on the last pink (match ball)

Where instead of taking his time to size it up, he got down and hit as soon as the white stopped moving and duely missed the pink to corner by more than an inch. Got away with it though and he's in the final.

wasnt it better taking it to the middle (the pink)..............looks a better shot to me :john:

Postby Witz78

yeh gotta be more of a shot to nothing to the middle and try and get white tight on top or even in behind black, plus even if you hang it, its hard for him to pot pink and go down table and get back up for black.

anyway all water under the bridge now

Postby Smart

Witz78 wrote:yeh gotta be more of a shot to nothing to the middle and try and get white tight on top or even in behind black, plus even if you hang it, its hard for him to pot pink and go down table and get back up for black.

anyway all water under the bridge now

even a dimwit like anti-Jock sees the shot to middle as preferable..............

Sonny, please re-visit your mindshot and shotmaker <ok> :wave:

Postby Roland

Witz78 wrote:what was his shot / position on the blue like.

where did he go wrong on a seemingly routine clearance?

Easy drop in blue to middle to land on pink, misjudged it.