Topic locked

Re: PartyPoker.net German Masters Semi Final Discussion !!

Postby Witz78

jojo wrote:5-4 ronnie possibly playing his worst match of the tournament but the way hes battling ive seen a different side to ronnie this week

you call this battling?

hes just goign thru the motions the now

gifted 2 frames away there just cos he couldnt win them easily so gave up and wasnt interested, the failure to play for snookers at end of frame 9 summed it up

Postby Andre147

:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy:

So happy for Ronnie, I´m glad he´s through to the final.... he was a bit frustrated in the end, so if it had gone to a decider, I would fancy Lee to clinch it.

Didn´t see the last few minutes,because of stupid europort and fromsport, but from what I gather Ronnie was rather lucky to win it, because he missed a routine pink and Lee couldnt take advantage from it....

Lots of mistakes out there, but Ronnie is through, and thats what maters :happy: :happy:

Postby drlog147

Smart wrote:
drlog147 wrote:
Smart wrote:SO WE LEAVE THE SNOOKER MID-FRAME THEN GET AN ADVERT ABOUT THE SNOOKER, THEN AN ADVERT ABOUT ROMANIA, THEN WE GET CUP OF NATIONS FOOTIE :irk:

The wife is cracking up >-(

IS SHE ROMANIAN OR AFRIKAN :wave:

Alien!

Postby hendry_fan

*Ronnie O'Sullivan* 6 Stephen Lee 4

Well,well,well,how many chances do certain players need against Ronnie!!!,it,s pathetic,it,s not as if they arent gettin chances. <doh>

One of the main resons Ronnie started to slacken was cause he knew Lee would keep missin and ballsing up,which he indeed did!.Lee was messin up so much that it was startin to bore Ronnie.

The only real highlight of the match was a couple of great pots from Ronnie and (a couple of fantastic pots from Lee,which did,nt do him much good anyway).

Postby Muppet147

Witz78 wrote:if that had been Higgins or Jono who'd won like that today, the pundits would be applauding them for great matchplay snooker :D

Very true. Not even the pundits. GJ would be having an online orgasm over the mediocre fare his hero dishes up on a regular basis.

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:I'm not sure who I would prefer to play Ronnie tomorrow. Lets put it this way: both are beatable.

I think I would rather prefer Maguire to face Ronnie, Murphy is not afraid of him and might well win the match, and Mags still has some scars from previous matches against Ronnie... But it all depends on how both perform this evening...

Whoever comes through, I´m certain it wont be a walkover for Ronnie, as some of you are saying...

Postby Roland

For those that missed it, Ronnie developed the last red from the second to last red and landed like this:

whereupon he powered the green to middle and missed, the green flew around the table landing close its own spot, and he left the white in baulk leaving Lee a cut back on the red which he missed to yellow pocket and stuck it over the green pocket. Ronnie potted the last red then during what looked like a routine clear up he landed like this on the last pink (match ball)

Where instead of taking his time to size it up, he got down and hit as soon as the white stopped moving and duely missed the pink to corner by more than an inch. Got away with it though and he's in the final.