Topic locked

Re: PartyPoker.net German Masters Quarter Final Discussion !

Postby GJ

Lost 5-1 to Mathew Stevens today. He played brilliant and deserved to win.

thats what you call a gracious player after losing

no excuses at all

robbo :hatoff: :bowdown: <cool>

Postby DavieMac

Im not even sure how he managed to win that. Kept leaving that red out afer his break off, wasnt potting nearly enough longuns and was breaking down too much when in. He's got plenty of fight though. Best safety he's played in a while helped too I suppose.
Last edited by DavieMac on 04 Feb 2012, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Witz78

Andre147 wrote:
GJ wrote:
Andre147 wrote:By the way, where´s Bourne??? haven´t seen him here... rofl rofl rofl rofl

banned the past 2 weeks

:wave:

Really? well didn´t know about that one....

if only Judd had made the final here in Germany he would have got his ban wiped clean <doh>

Postby jojo

missed the end of the match but from what i gather well done maguire i must admit i am surprised but pleased for him

of all the four players left i would like to see all them win i dont mind who does but ronnie winning it will be sweet and could spark him on to more greater things to come

a lot have written him off even before the higginson match and when he was 0-4 down the knives were out but he now a strong strong favourite to win his 23rd ranking title and i wouldnt be surprised if he wins another couple more including in sheffield before the end of the season

Postby randam05

Quality performance from mags there. Unbelievable. So glad Trump been knocked out in another quarter final.

Todays answered a few questions.

Has ronnie given up and not good enough to win a tournament/have the fighting abilities to play abroad and fight to win?

Is maguire a choker/not a big hitter?

Will Trump dominate?

Theyve all been answered I feel.

Postby Roland

I wouldn't say they've been answered. Ronnie hasn't had the sternest test but saying that with Robbo, Trump and Selby out you feel he's gone favourite for the event now. Will Trump dominate? Now he's the one to be shot at he's finding the top players are playing their A game against him and he has to take all that comes with that. He's going to get beat every now and again, he's not going to win every tournament but he'll probably win more than most others over the next few years.

I'm gutted for Selby but he had to play Dott and then go straight back out to face Murphy who had spent the day chilling and sight seeing and making a very generous gesture in sponsoring a young player to play in the Snookerbacker Classic. I can handle Selby losing that match and wish Murphy all the best in the rest of the event.

Postby DavieMac

vodkadiet wrote:Maguire would have choked that clearance against Rigsby. Rigsby will win this event. The players left in can't beat Rigsby!

Higginson you are a disgrace!

Hush your beak.

Get Stephen Lee to sit on him and its curtains.

Postby vodkadiet

Sonny wrote:I wouldn't say they've been answered. Ronnie hasn't had the sternest test but saying that with Robbo, Trump and Selby out you feel he's gone favourite for the event now. Will Trump dominate? Now he's the one to be shot at he's finding the top players are playing their A game against him and he has to take all that comes with that. He's going to get beat every now and again, he's not going to win every tournament but he'll probably win more than most others over the next few years.

I'm gutted for Selby but he had to play Dott and then go straight back out to face Murphy who had spent the day chilling and sight seeing and making a very generous gesture in sponsoring a young player to play in the Snookerbacker Classic. I can handle Selby losing that match and wish Murphy all the best in the rest of the event.

Selby can score better than anyone. He is getting caught up in this 'grinder mentality'.

He is capable of scoring as well as the best. He won't dominate unless he changes to a more attacking style.

Postby DavieMac

randam05 wrote:Quality performance from mags there. Unbelievable. So glad Trump been knocked out in another quarter final.

Todays answered a few questions.

Has ronnie given up and not good enough to win a tournament/have the fighting abilities to play abroad and fight to win?

Is maguire a choker/not a big hitter?

Will Trump dominate?

Theyve all been answered I feel.

Didnt think him being a choker was even levelled at him tbh. He's not scared of the finish line at all.

Big hitter is a fair enough question though. I'd say not many think of him as one.

Postby Witz78

vodkadiet wrote:
Sonny wrote:I wouldn't say they've been answered. Ronnie hasn't had the sternest test but saying that with Robbo, Trump and Selby out you feel he's gone favourite for the event now. Will Trump dominate? Now he's the one to be shot at he's finding the top players are playing their A game against him and he has to take all that comes with that. He's going to get beat every now and again, he's not going to win every tournament but he'll probably win more than most others over the next few years.

Selby can score better than anyone. He is getting caught up in this 'grinder mentality'.

He is capable of scoring as well as the best. He won't dominate unless he changes to a more attacking style.

but on the other hand we hear folk prasing Robbo for adopting a grinding mentality which they say will win him things that playing attacking wont :shrug:

Postby Witz78

Sonny wrote:He's not doing himself any favours picking on Matt. If he read this topic he'd be chinning snooker tables all over the place.

hes a grade a idiot

every time ive seen him argue with folk whether its on Twitter or FB, he always just looks down on them because they aint pro players so why should he even be lowering himself to listen to their opinion

hes only trying to big up Mags to justify his own rudderless career drifting about among the deadwood.

Even the Tin Man would have known what Matt meant about Maguire by his initial comment.

Postby jojo

even though selby not one of the players ronnie likes facing if the two had met in the final i could see ronnie winning that but you do wonder if it ever going to happen for selby

two ranking events the welsh and one in the far east i know hes won two masters titles but you wonder if he is ever going to win the world or uk championship this not a knee jerk reaction i just not been convinced for a while

it his own fault letting the comments ronnie made a few years ago get inside his head when ronnie said he too slow and needed to speed up selby did and he shouldnt have done

Postby DavieMac

Looking at the tweets the blog guy is right. Mags wins against the top 8 have been few and far between over the last 3 years. Beat Selby in the Welsh last year, Higgins in the UK and this one but thats about it to my recollection.

Postby jojo

the black off its spot maguire missed which was match ball against ronnie in sheffield in 2005 i think did it for him and he not been the same player since

he still carrying the scars of that in my opinion if he did go on to win that match he would have won a far few more ranking events than he has done

Postby Witz78

@hitmanholtMichael Holt

@lucie814 finally, some sanity! I think this lot forget I do this for a living!!! I've forgot more about snooker than they could ever know

THATS THE TYPICAL ARROGANT bullocks HE ALWAYS COMES OUT WITH

IM A PLAYER SO YOU DONT KNOW JACK rubbish