Topic locked

Re: PartyPoker.net German Masters Last 16 Discussion !!

Postby daraghj82

Andre147 wrote:Ronnie through to the qaurter finals 5-1 after a brilliant display, making 2 centuries and another set of high breaks...
Playing like this cant see anyone able to stop him.... the only problem with him is consistency....

great stuff from ronnie, can he keep it together for tonights match (qf) , if he does as you say he'll be hard to beat. im only sorry i can't watch any snooker until this evening

Postby Roland

I beg to differ
Selby/Dott v Murphy
Williams v Lee

I don't want to see ROS 5-1 Stevens no more snooker past 8:30pm. Tonight will be my first look at the German Masters.

Postby GJ

Well done matthew :happy:

Hope he plays well tonight or it will be another flash in the pan win :grrr:

stevens <cool> :hatoff:
Last edited by GJ on 03 Feb 2012, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Roland

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Sonny seems I was right. Robbo can't perform outside the UK in proper events.

No, still don't think there's anything in it. Surprised at the result but he's been ill recently, guess that must've had something to do with it.

Postby GJ

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Sonny seems I was right. Robbo can't perform outside the UK in proper events.

So outside uk is worth more than uk events

Nice BS :baby: <laugh>

Im pleased for matthew anyway so keep going with the BS rofl :wave:

Postby GJ

Sonny wrote:

No, still don't think there's anything in it. Surprised at the result but he's been ill recently, guess that must've had something to do with it.

The interview on mons thread was interesting he sounded like if he lost to campbell it wasnt a big deal so doubt hes at 100 %

He will be back on form for the big events coming up

But today is matthews glory :hatoff: :bowdown:

Postby jojo

well done to matthew stevens didnt see the match of course but to be honest every player is lethal on their day

i still expect ronnie to give him a pasting tonight robertson v ronnie would have been a better match up now i dont expect ronnie to be on the tv table because of who he facing

well done to ronnie from what i gather he was making break after break so just goes to show this man still has it

i wouldnt be at all surprised if he win his fourth world title in a few months theres never been a player like him and those who think he wont add to his ranking title tally are deluded he not like an ordinary snooker player ronnie can go on playing at the top level for another ten years

Postby GJ

jojo wrote:well done to matthew stevens didnt see the match of course but to be honest every player is lethal on their day

i still expect ronnie to give him a pasting tonight robertson v ronnie would have been a better match up now i dont expect ronnie to be on the tv table because of who he facing

well done to ronnie from what i gather he was making break after break so just goes to show this man still has it

i wouldnt be at all surprised if he win his fourth world title in a few months theres never been a player like him and those who think he wont add to his ranking title tally are deluded he not like an ordinary snooker player ronnie can go on playing at the top level for another ten years

is trump v maguire

poor ronnie :irk: :grrr:

Postby jojo

i dont mind ronnie not being on the tv table tonight because of value for money when he play well he wins frames ridiculously quick and the match is over whilst the other matches are going on

maguire is quite slow he not a slow player but he definitely not the quickest and judd wont have it all his own way tonight so at least that match will last longer than ronnie v stevens which means more live snooker for the tv audience

Postby Muppet147

GJ wrote:

Okay then.

I am glad that Robbo was dealt a vicious beating at the hands of a journeyman pro. It saved him from the far worse thrashing he would have received had he gone up against Ronnie. <ok>

Postby GJ

Stevens appears to be a bad match up for robbo taking out the final the played as robbo is unbeaten in finals

stevens won 5-0 in shanghai masters v robbo in 2007 or 2008.

I will be disappointed if matthew doesnt kick on and play well tonight after this win.

Postby Muppet147

GJ wrote:Stevens appears to be a bad match up for robbo taking out the final the played as robbo is unbeaten in finals

I will be disappointed if matthew doesnt kick on and play well tonight after this win.

Matthew won't be 'kicking on.' He will be receiving a good kicking. <ok>

Postby GJ

Muppet147 wrote:
GJ wrote:

Okay then.

I am glad that Robbo was dealt a vicious beating at the hands of a journeyman pro. It saved him from the far worse thrashing he would have received had he gone up against Ronnie. <ok>

Its a great day for robbo bashers like you , rexy and witz

Enjoy your moment in the sun lads

:wave: :D

Postby GJ

Muppet147 wrote:
GJ wrote:Stevens appears to be a bad match up for robbo taking out the final the played as robbo is unbeaten in finals

non tv table = less pressure on stevens <cool>

Postby Snooker Overdrive

GJ wrote:

<doh> Nobody said that the ranking events outside the UK are more important ...

But it's a fact that he's only reached one ranking semi outside the UK in his whole career. And I'm not counting that Bahrain joke tournament (the 4 best players of the world pulled out because they said the PL is more important).

Robbo might have been sick today but he can't perform outside the UK and that's based on facts.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

GJ wrote:
Muppet147 wrote:

Who said Ronnie vs Stevens isn't on TV? source?

Postby Monique

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
GJ wrote:
Muppet147 wrote:

Dave Hendon on twitter. He would know, he's commenting on Eurosport.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Sonny wrote:

Look at his performance timeline:
here

There's definitely something in it.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Monique wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:
GJ wrote:
Muppet147 wrote:

Dave Hendon on twitter. He would know, he's commenting on Eurosport.

Thank you. But to be honest the 4 quarter finals shouldn't be on at the same time.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

jojo wrote:well done to matthew stevens didnt see the match of course but to be honest every player is lethal on their day

Very good comment jojo.

Postby Wildey

Friday 3rd of February

1pm

Joe Perry 1-5 Ronnie O'Sullivan
Mark Williams 5-2 Stuart Bingham
Mark Selby 5-3 Graeme Dott
Matthew Stevens 5-1 Neil Robertson

Postby Witz78

Monique wrote:It's done that way to have one table setup for both semis and the final.

see my other thread ive started for the way the tournament should have been run <ok>

whatever though, at very worst today, they could have had a morning session for the 4 round 2 games, then had 2 quarters this afternoon and 2 quarters tonight <doh>

Postby Witz78

MarkSelbyNo1Fan wrote:Shocked to see Robertson get beat 5-1. One of the form players.

Jono must have finally bored himself into submission with his own style of play after boring the rest of the tour and fans for the last few months.

Karma Collects. :wave: