Topic locked

Re: PartyPoker.net German Masters Last 16 Discussion !!

Postby GJ

Sonny wrote:Obviously the Higgins and ROS being 4-0 down with different outcomes doesn't prove anything because from what I heard Higginson blew a few good chances and coming back against Maguire is a different proposition entirely. The other factor is that this time last year in the same venue Higgins got news that his dad had died and when he's sat in his seat watching Maguire at the table, it's nailed on that this entered his mind. If it is the anniversary today then it's even more nailed on. I'm not say he would've won otherwise, far from it because Maguire beat him in the UK last month, and I didn't see the match but from what I've read I've got the impression he didn't look to be in the best frame of mind.

Higginson missed match ball a few times

his odds at 1 point were

1/200

Postby GJ

jojo wrote:higginson was horse rubbish from 4-2 played like the journeyman he is

Andrew is a great lad but to be honest the lad is a choker under extreme pressure he did the same in welsh final to robbo.

Postby Roland

To put it into perspective. Higginson has proved himself to be a top quality player and has had a lot of good results over the last few seasons. He also has history of "Clinchers Disease" as Clive Everton puts it when he was 9-6 up in the Welsh Open final to Robbo.

Now Higginson like everyone here will have watched Ronnie in full flow playing unbelievable snooker hundreds of times. When you are the one who is one frame away from a famous victory, and you know he's been having an off day and you find yourself 4-0 ahead and suddenly Ronnie shows signs of getting his tail up and playing well, chances are you will rubbish yourself.

Less of the derogatory terms like "choker" and "journeyman" please.

Postby GJ

Sonny wrote:To put it into perspective. Higginson has proved himself to be a top quality player and has had a lot of good results over the last few seasons. He also has history of "Clinchers Disease" as Clive Everton puts it when he was 9-6 up in the Welsh Open final to Robbo.

Now Higginson like everyone here will have watched Ronnie in full flow playing unbelievable snooker hundreds of times. When you are the one who is one frame away from a famous victory, and you know he's been having an off day and you find yourself 4-0 ahead and suddenly Ronnie shows signs of getting his tail up and playing well, chances are you will rubbish yourself.

sorry boss <ok>

excited for robbo v stevens shame its live scoring as ronnie hogs tv table again :grrr:

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Sonny wrote:To put it into perspective. Higginson has proved himself to be a top quality player and has had a lot of good results over the last few seasons. He also has history of "Clinchers Disease" as Clive Everton puts it when he was 9-6 up in the Welsh Open final to Robbo.

Now Higginson like everyone here will have watched Ronnie in full flow playing unbelievable snooker hundreds of times. When you are the one who is one frame away from a famous victory, and you know he's been having an off day and you find yourself 4-0 ahead and suddenly Ronnie shows signs of getting his tail up and playing well, chances are you will donkey doo yourself.

Exactly.

Also Higginson hasn't beaten Ronnie that often and the head to head record is always a factor.

Postby jojo

whether he rubbish himself or not my opinion is he a journeyman but that doesnt mean to say i dislike him

maybe im being a bit too harsh because he was unlucky not to win 5-1 after some good pots never landed on a colour and when he didnt get a good snooker behind the green like he sould have done being more than sixty points up and ronnie potted a long red and cleared up the writing was on the wall

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Nonetheless a straight 5 frame comeback to win a match is still something special. We see a 4 frames comeback from time to time but anything above that is very rare. As I said before it was the first time I saw (unfortunetly I actually missed it :sad: ) Ronnie pull it off in any match since I began watching snooker in 2006.

Postby Witz78

Ronnie could have done with Carter beating Perry since he has never lost to Carter and would have steamrollered past him as usual.

Can see Perry causing problems to Ronnie, hes dealt out a few beatings and also adopted dubious tactics and mind games in the past, most notably in the UK game 3 or 4 years ago when Ronnie imploded from 5-2 up losing 7 on the spin.

Postby GJ

Witz78 wrote:Ronnie could have done with Carter beating Perry since he has never lost to Carter and would have steamrollered past him as usual.

Can see Perry causing problems to Ronnie, hes dealt out a few beatings and also adopted dubious tactics and mind games in the past, most notably in the UK game 3 or 4 years ago when Ronnie imploded from 5-2 up losing 7 on the spin.

joseph :bowdown: <cool>

Postby Witz78

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Nonetheless a straight 5 frame comeback to win a match is still something special. We see a 4 frames comeback from time to time but anything above that is very rare. As I said before it was the first time I saw (unfortunetly I actually missed it :sad: ) Ronnie pull it off in any match since I began watching snooker in 2006.

he pulled it off in his China press conference a few years back :spot on:

Postby Roland

Doherty did it quite recently didn't he? Was it against Wenbo? I remember being gutted.

Anyway, having finally studied the draw I think Joe Perry has more than a good chance of beating Ronnie, and my pick of the tv table would be Dott/Selby v Murphy. So you can't keep everyone happy. At least at the weekend we'll get to see all the action.

Postby GJ

If it goes close cant see robbo losing to matthew

Matthews only hope is a 5-0 or 5-1

Robbo loves facing ronnnie but would also like a match with his good pal joe :hatoff:

Postby Witz78

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Nonetheless a straight 5 frame comeback to win a match is still something special. We see a 4 frames comeback from time to time but anything above that is very rare. As I said before it was the first time I saw (unfortunetly I actually missed it :sad: ) Ronnie pull it off in any match since I began watching snooker in 2006.

im trying to think of some but cant

most notable comebacks i can think of are the UK game he came back from 8-2 down to level before ultimately losing decider

and the Masters game when Aussie surfdude / bleach bumboy / deformed scarecrow coughed his way to a 3-0 lead before doing the campest lamest Ebdon impression ever then Ronnie thought "sod this, time i started trying" and put the poor mans Quinten Hann in his place. More like Quinten Crisp :limp:

Postby Witz78

Sonny wrote:Doherty did it quite recently didn't he? Was it against Wenbo? I remember being gutted.

Anyway, having finally studied the draw I think Joe Perry has more than a good chance of beating Ronnie, and my pick of the tv table would be Dott/Selby v Murphy. So you can't keep everyone happy. At least at the weekend we'll get to see all the action.

it was against one of the young guns in a qualifier, cant for the life of me remember what one, itll come to me

Postby Witz78

GJ wrote:If it goes close cant see robbo losing to matthew

Robbo loves facing ronnnie but would also like a match with his good pal joe :hatoff:

Robbos one of the top players who Ronnie doesnt fear

the ones he does fear are

Selby, Trump, Higgins

the ones he loves playing are

Ding, Murphy, Maguire, Carter, Stevens

the ones hes indifferent about facing are

Allen, Robbo, Dott

Postby jojo

i think dott will cause selby problems but to be honest out of the three players murphy dott and selby whoever faces judd in the semi the way judd is playing i think he will be strong favorite

i think selby out of the three players could give judd most trouble but the way i see selby play in the uk and masters i cant see him beating dott then murphy then judd

murphy i think will play judd in the semi both will suit each others games but theres something uneasy about murphy where he pushes the boat out at the wrong time

think he will get into an ego contest with judd trying to outpot him and fail because pound for pound judd a better player i see murphy try this so many times against ronnie and come unstuck the same will happen against judd i feel

Postby GJ

Witz78 wrote:
GJ wrote:If it goes close cant see robbo losing to matthew

Robbos one of the top players who Ronnie doesnt fear

the ones he does fear are

Selby, Trump, Higgins

the ones he loves playing are

Ding, Murphy, Maguire, Carter, Stevens

the ones hes indifferent about facing are

Allen, Robbo, Dott

5-1 2006 grand prix

5-1 world open final

5-4 welsh open 2007

:wave: <cool> :bowdown:

Postby jojo

if it is robertson v judd in the final i would make robertson favourite that man fast becoming an all weather type player and it clear after the events at the masters robertson has got inside trumps head
Last edited by jojo on 03 Feb 2012, edited 1 time in total.