Topic locked

Re: PartyPoker.net German Masters WC & Last 32 Discussion !!

Postby Andre147

Well played Ronnie... faboulous recovery there, one of the best from him..

Yes Ronnie didnt come out all guns blazzing after the interval, but nevertheless played very well and didnt give up... That clearance in the 6th frame from Ronnie... true class, Higgins style...

It is this kind of wins that can boast massive confidence for a player... maybe that is what he needed.. Let´see... :-) :-)

Re: PartyPoker.net German Masters WC & Last 32 Discussion !!

Postby jojo

last couple of frames hardly a surprise i still maintain if ronnie had got whitewashed here he still would have been one of the favourites for sheffield

higginson gave him chances in the end i know but that higginson for you ultra pile of horse rubbish journeyman

i guess it take all sorts in sport and in our sport we have people like higginson
Last edited by jojo on 02 Feb 2012, edited 1 time in total.

Re: PartyPoker.net German Masters WC & Last 32 Discussion !!

Postby gallantrabbit

Didn't blow him off the table but got him in the head. Higginson's probably making a decent living from the game, but will be gutted with this one and it will probably ruin his season. Ronnie probably out in the next round, because if his right head isn't on his right head isn't on.

Re: PartyPoker.net German Masters WC & Last 32 Discussion !!

Postby Wildey

Thursday 2nd of February


2pm

Ronnie O'Sullivan 5-4 Andrew Higginson
Mark Selby 5-0 Liu Song
Ali Carter 4-5 Joe Perry
Matthew Stevens 5-1 Craig Steadman wild card

Re: PartyPoker.net German Masters WC & Last 32 Discussion !!

Postby Smart

Andre147 wrote:
Muppet147 wrote:4-0

Bye bye, Ronnie.


It´s not over yet u know... though you´re probably right.. Ronnie might win 1 or 2 frames, but that is it I think.....

He did have a chance in that 4th frame, his head was gone when he hammered that blue to the middle.... :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy:

:chuckle: rofl :chuckle: rofl :wave:

Re: PartyPoker.net German Masters WC & Last 32 Discussion !!

Postby Smart

Witz78 wrote:Cant even see him qualifying at this rate.
The end is nigh, no point playing on.
Skip rest of season before WC qualifiers then go out with a bang 1 way or another, then take a 2 year break from game then decide if u want to come back.
This will be the 8th ranker out of last 11 hes failed to make it past the last 32. Not good enough anymore, as a fan it pains me to say, but its true.
For the good of Ronnie, the time has now come to stick to his word and bow out.

rofl :chuckle: rofl :chuckle: :wave:

Re: PartyPoker.net German Masters WC & Last 32 Discussion !!

Postby Smart

boris_the_butcher wrote:
jojo wrote:the pessimism of some people is unbelievable the end is nowhere near for ronnie put his head in the right place and he will still wipe the floor with most of todays top players

fix his attitude and we have a player who can still reach number one again and win more world titles


his attitude has been a problem in the past but this is a different matter, a three year decline is usually terminal. He's getting bashed by muppets.

rofl <laugh> rofl <laugh> :wave:

Re: PartyPoker.net German Masters WC & Last 32 Discussion !!

Postby Andre147

Smart wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
Muppet147 wrote:4-0

Bye bye, Ronnie.


It´s not over yet u know... though you´re probably right.. Ronnie might win 1 or 2 frames, but that is it I think.....

He did have a chance in that 4th frame, his head was gone when he hammered that blue to the middle.... :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy:

:chuckle: rofl :chuckle: rofl :wave:


LOL rofl I was right at the time I wrote that, because the way Ronnie was playing, I just could see him winning 1 or 2 frames.... And that´s comin from a big fan of his... But fair play to him,he played well after the interval, not all guns blazzing, but didn´t give up, and that´s the main thing with Ronnie really..

Re: PartyPoker.net German Masters WC & Last 32 Discussion !!

Postby Witz78

fair play to him for coming back

i dont think anyone would have gave him a hope at the interval

espec as weve seen over the last few years how dissinterested he becomes when things arent going his way

but fact is this win papers over the cracks

no offence to Higgy but if Ronnies seriously still a top player like jojo thinks, then he wouldnt be waiting till hes on the brink at 0-4 v Higgy to start playing

anyway by all accounts Higgy bottled this rather than Ronnie playing great

a massive get out of jail card for Ronnie (he musta borrowed it off his dad) , anyway can he kick on from here?

Re: PartyPoker.net German Masters WC & Last 32 Discussion !!

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:fair play to him for coming back

i dont think anyone would have gave him a hope at the interval

espec as weve seen over the last few years how dissinterested he becomes when things arent going his way

but fact is this win papers over the cracks

no offence to Higgy but if Ronnies seriously still a top player like jojo thinks, then he wouldnt be waiting till hes on the brink at 0-4 v Higgy to start playing

anyway by all accounts Higgy bottled this rather than Ronnie playing great

a massive get out of jail card for Ronnie (he musta borrowed it off his dad) , anyway can he kick on from here?

Ronnie got chances he did not get before the interval and grasp it with both hands...

Re: PartyPoker.net German Masters WC & Last 32 Discussion !!

Postby Smart

whats clear from the comments I picked out is that there are a lot of peeps who cannot wait for a Ronnie loss to stick the knife in, or to comment on his so called decline. Pretty sad that so many jump on the band-wagon. He is not finished, he is still very capable - so I am just enjoying whenever he does turn it on. Not interested in the rankings in the slightest, if he has to qualify for Sheffied then so be it, would be funny seeing hoardes of fans scrambling to get a view of his cubicle. :-D

Re: PartyPoker.net German Masters WC & Last 32 Discussion !!

Postby Snooker Overdrive

boris_the_butcher wrote:his top 16 place will be lost in the near future, it's a question of when rather than if so the semantics are meaningless. To be honest i'd rather see him call it a day and catch him at exhibitions rather than see him turn up at events with no fight or spirit. the game has some great players slugging it out near the top and it's a great shame he can't seem to put the effort in in order to be a part of it.

maybe he and Ali Carter can ride of into the sunset after Sheffield.


I don't normally do this but :pal:

WHERE ARE YOU NOW PAL, you didn't write anything after the interval

Re: PartyPoker.net German Masters WC & Last 32 Discussion !!

Postby boris_the_butcher

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
boris_the_butcher wrote:his top 16 place will be lost in the near future, it's a question of when rather than if so the semantics are meaningless. To be honest i'd rather see him call it a day and catch him at exhibitions rather than see him turn up at events with no fight or spirit. the game has some great players slugging it out near the top and it's a great shame he can't seem to put the effort in in order to be a part of it.

maybe he and Ali Carter can ride of into the sunset after Sheffield.


I don't normally do this but :pal:

WHERE ARE YOU NOW PAL, you didn't write anything after the interval


I think I did. he's still on the scrap heap but a nice comeback to put a smile on each member of his ever reducing fanbase.

Re: PartyPoker.net German Masters WC & Last 32 Discussion !!

Postby Smart

boris_the_butcher wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:
boris_the_butcher wrote:his top 16 place will be lost in the near future, it's a question of when rather than if so the semantics are meaningless. To be honest i'd rather see him call it a day and catch him at exhibitions rather than see him turn up at events with no fight or spirit. the game has some great players slugging it out near the top and it's a great shame he can't seem to put the effort in in order to be a part of it.

maybe he and Ali Carter can ride of into the sunset after Sheffield.


I don't normally do this but :pal:

WHERE ARE YOU NOW PAL, you didn't write anything after the interval


I think I did. he's still on the scrap heap but a nice comeback to put a smile on each member of his ever reducing fanbase.


scrap heap......are you for real rofl :chuckle: rofl :chuckle: :wave:

Re: PartyPoker.net German Masters WC & Last 32 Discussion !!

Postby hendry_fan

*Ronnie O'Sullivan* 5-4 Andrew Higginson



OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.What a comeback from Ronnie!!!!!!.



I watched to entire match and i have to say,i was rubbing my hands and thinkin,come on Higginson,destroy Ronnie,i was hopin for a 5-0!.


Higginson did extremely well in the first 3 frames,he hardly gave Ronnie a shout,potted well and had good shot selection,kept Ronnie totally at bay.The 4 th frame saw Ronnie startin to lose his rag a bit and cause of it ended up losin the frame to go 4-0 behind.

After the interval Higginson missed a very easy green,after that miss he totally lost the plot,Ronnie took his chances and prompt,it was 5-4 to Ronnie.



:clap: Respect is given when deserved,so even i,m gonna say,....Well done Ronnie,fantastic comeback!!!! :clap:



I remember a certain ex "606" member by the name of SEIFER,he even slagged off Hendry when i wrote about Hendrys amazing comeback against Mike Hallet after being 7-0 and 8-2 down at the 1991 Maters.The silly dumpling said that he thought the comeback was nothing special,as it was <only> a comeback against Mike Hallet!!!!!!!.WHAT A CRAZY,STUPID,ARROGANT PIECE OF DRIVVEL TO SAY!!!!.



Makeing such a comeback against any top player is an fantastic feat,just as Ronnies comeback against Higginson today was fantastic!!!!.


   

cron