Topic locked

German Masters to be sponsored by Party Poker

Postby SnookerFan

From the World Snooker website.

The German Masters, which enjoyed spectacular success when it was introduced last season, will be sponsored by PartyPoker.net in February.

World Snooker are delighted to announce the new title sponsor for the world ranking tournament, which will be called the PartyPoker.net German Masters.

The event runs from February 1 to 5 at the superb Tempodrom venue in Berlin and will feature top stars including Judd Trump, John Higgins, Mark Selby, Neil Robertson, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Shaun Murphy, Ding Junhui and defending champion Mark Williams.

Last year's thrilling final saw Williams beat Selby 9-7 in front of a full house of 2,500 fans.

World Snooker Chairman Barry Hearn said: "We are thrilled to bring PartyPoker.net on board as title sponsor. We have worked with Party at our Premier League and PTC Grand Final events so we know that they are fantastic supporters of snooker.

"Last season's German Masters gave a clear indication of the popularity of snooker in Germany, with packed crowds every day and excellent viewing figures on Eurosport. It's a very exciting market for us and no doubt the 2012 PartyPoker.net German Masters will be another step forward as we continue to capitalise on that potential."


Tickets for the tournament are on sale now - for details see www.snookerstars.de

PartyPoker.net is part of bwin.party digital entertainment plc , the world's largest listed online gaming business.

Re: German Masters to be sponsored by Party Poker

Postby Roland

Have to say I'm getting sick of every sponsor being a bookmaker website but if that's all that is sponsoring snooker these days...

Re: German Masters to be sponsored by Party Poker

Postby SnookerFan

Sonny wrote:Have to say I'm getting sick of every sponsor being a bookmaker website but if that's all that is sponsoring snooker these days...


I know what you mean, it's a bit all your eggs in one basket. (A bit like when they used to be sponsored by Tobbaco. <laugh> )

Saying that, it wasn't too long ago that some tournaments didn't have any sponsorship at all. It doesn't really matter where the money comes from, as long as it comes.

Re: German Masters to be sponsored by Party Poker

Postby SnookerFan

Sonny wrote:Yes I know all that, but it would be nice if some other type of sponsor came forward. Know what I mean?


Oh yeah, it does get a bit mundane. Oh look, another gambling company. Might be nice if another industry showed an interest. Hopefully that'll come.

I want Pukka Pies to send their band down. :D

Re: German Masters to be sponsored by Party Poker

Postby Witz78

SnookerFan wrote:From the World Snooker website.

The German Masters, which enjoyed spectacular success when it was introduced last season, will be sponsored by PartyPoker.net in February.

World Snooker are delighted to announce the new title sponsor for the world ranking tournament, which will be called the PartyPoker.net German Masters.

The event runs from February 1 to 5 at the superb Tempodrom venue in Berlin and will feature top stars including Judd Trump, John Higgins, Mark Selby, Neil Robertson, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Shaun Murphy, Ding Junhui and defending champion Mark Williams.

Last year's thrilling final saw Williams beat Selby 9-7 in front of a full house of 2,500 fans.

World Snooker Chairman Barry Hearn said: "We are thrilled to bring PartyPoker.net on board as title sponsor. We have worked with Party at our Premier League and PTC Grand Final events so we know that they are fantastic supporters of snooker.

"Last season's German Masters gave a clear indication of the popularity of snooker in Germany, with packed crowds every day and excellent viewing figures on Eurosport. It's a very exciting market for us and no doubt the 2012 PartyPoker.net German Masters will be another step forward as we continue to capitalise on that potential."


Tickets for the tournament are on sale now - for details see http://www.snookerstars.de

PartyPoker.net is part of bwin.party digital entertainment plc , the world's largest listed online gaming business.


that was last weeks chip papers mate <doh>

Re: German Masters to be sponsored by Party Poker

Postby gallantrabbit

It`s very much the tobacco of the day but we are still beggars and cannot choose. I`m just impressed that just about all tourneys are actuallt being sponsored. This one will be more expensive for the sponsor too because Germany is big cheese.

Re: German Masters to be sponsored by Party Poker

Postby SnookerFan

The Cueist wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Witz78 wrote:
that was last weeks chip papers mate <doh>


:D


Aye! but i never had Fish and Chips so it was very informative for me to read this,If that is all right with you witz me old mate. :tree:


<laugh>

Re: German Masters to be sponsored by Party Poker

Postby The Cueist

Smart wrote:
Smart wrote:
The Cueist wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Witz78 wrote:
that was last weeks chip papers mate <doh>


:D


Aye! but i never had Fish and Chips so it was very informative for me to read this,If that is all right with you witz me old mate. :tree:

rofl

Cueist 1-0 Witx the Jock


BUMP :hatoff:


:D Hello my old Siberian snooker and Grolsch loving mate,Great combination may i say. :-D

Well somebody needs to point out to him,We all FIND OUT ARE INFORMATION about our beloved snooker in different modes and in different time frames,And i get fed up with know all's very quickly. ;-)


   

cron