Topic locked

Re: German Masters Qualifying !!!!

Postby Wildey

Wild wrote:sam missed a trick he had a pottable free ball and instead put ken back in.

yup he lost <doh>

Postby Andre147

:D :D Ken wins, after pulling from 4-0 down.... :happy: well done to him, but I feel a bit sorry for Sam though.... :-( :-( It would have been his second tv appearance in a ranking event, though it was not to be :-( Still, he can learn a lot from this match and come back stronger in the future...

Glad to see Ken at a ranking event again :-D against Williams... a good game in prospect ;-)

Postby Wildey

Friday 25th of November

10am

Ken Doherty 5-4 Sam Craigie
Peter Ebdon 5-4 Jimmy White
Marco Fu 1-5 Adrian Gunnell
Jamie Cope 3-5 Yu Delu
Joe Perry 5-3 Robert Milkins
Andrew Higginson 5-2 Jamie Jones

Postby mediter

Andre147 wrote::D :D Ken wins, after pulling from 4-0 down.... :happy: well done to him, but I feel a bit sorry for Sam though.... :-( :-( It would have been his second tv appearance in a ranking event, though it was not to be :-( Still, he can learn a lot from this match and come back stronger in the future...

Glad to see Ken at a ranking event again :-D against Williams... a good game in prospect ;-)

The Darling of Dublin :bowdown:

There´s at least 4 or 5 other matches what I can remember where Ken had pulled back like that. Yep, great game to look forward there !

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote::D :D Ken wins, after pulling from 4-0 down.... :happy: well done to him, but I feel a bit sorry for Sam though.... :-( :-( It would have been his second tv appearance in a ranking event, though it was not to be :-( Still, he can learn a lot from this match and come back stronger in the future...

Ken makes a comeback, goes on to face Mark Williams....

Is it 2003 again?

Postby Andre147

SnookerFan wrote:

Ken makes a comeback, goes on to face Mark Williams....

Is it 2003 again?

lol, yeah maybe, but if it is indeed 2003, he then would have to lose against williams 1st round... But I expect him to push williams a bit :-) and it should be a good match, lookinf forward to it

Postby hendry_fan

Stephen Hendry 1-3 James Wattana

Oh deeeeeaaaar!!!!,Hendry in a bit of trouble here,won the first frame with help from a 42 break but has missed too many since then. :roll:

Frame 3,Hendry knocks in a 52,Wattana replies with a 70 to snatch the frame.

Frame 4,Hendry misses the black to go even,was,nt the easyest of blacks but still <should of> gotten it!.

Postby Wildey

hendry_fan wrote:Stephen Hendry 1-3 James Wattana

Oh deeeeeaaaar!!!!,Hendry in a bit of trouble here,won the first frame with help from a 42 break but has missed too many since then. :roll:

Frame 4,Hendry misses the black to go even,was,nt the easyest of blacks but still <should of> gotten it!.

he missed too many in the first frame

Postby hendry_fan

Wild wrote:
hendry_fan wrote:Stephen Hendry 1-3 James Wattana

he missed too many in the first frame

Indeed he did Wild,even though he won the first frame he missed at least 2 easy pots!. :sad:

Postby hendry_fan

Stephen Hendry 1-5 * James Wattana*

Dear,oh dear oh deeeeeaaaarrrr!!!!,Hendry hardly had a sniff in frame 5 and 6.
Wattana knocks in a *102* in the 5th frame and knocks in a 50 in the 6th,frame and match Wattana!.

Hendry certainly had his chances,especially in the first 4 frames,hat off to Wattana though in making more out of the chances he got,played not bad stuff at all.

Postby Andre147

Played terrible Hendry there :chuckle: :hmmm: made far too many mistakes, and those cost because, even though Wattana didn´t play that well in the beggning, he started to grow on confidence feeding off Hendry´s errors..

But a well deserved win for Wattana, who made nice breaks.. he will play Graeme Dott at the venue :D

Postby SnookerFan

Witz78 wrote:
Wild wrote:this is embarasing losing 4-1 to a 90s reject <doh>

never realised Hendry was playing himself :D

We're making the same joke, that's scary.

Postby Wildey

Friday 25th of November

2.30pm

Mark King 3-5 Mike Dunn
Marcus Campbell 5-3 Peter Lines
Fergal O'Brien 4-5 Liu Song
Stephen Hendry 1-5 James Wattana
Ricky Walden 5-1 Liu Chuang

Postby Wildey

randam05 wrote:Ooops Hendry....

Hamilton not streamed :clap: :clap:

Postby Casey

It is true, these are players Hendry used to thrash in his prime. This was his first qualifier in the box's and its probably an example of things to come. Shame all those matches couldn't be played at the SWA ;-)

Postby Roland

haha Wild has used his powers in this section to delete his post-Hendry loss swearfest of fluffy bunnies

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:haha Wild has used his powers in this section to delete his post-Hendry loss swearfest of fluffy bunnies

POWERS used in the right way

on one hand im a hot head that reacts

then on the other hand im responsable so i gave myself a right bllocking god it was funny in my front garden arguing with myselff.........reminded me of 606 (LUCKY) rofl rofl

Postby Andre147

a total clearance of 143 from Michael White :D :-D :D This kid really makes big breaks when he´s at the table :-) could we see another comeback? :-) he´s now 4-2 behind, but at the table, on a break already

Postby Andre147

In the end, Michael lost it, but fair play to him, who made big breaks, including that wonderful 143 total clearance :D
This kid can go very far in the near future, I expect him to be in top 16 in 3 or 4 years time, and definately be a contender for titles, he has got the right mentality too :-)

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Stephen Hendry's defeat today is a very worrying sign. He should never ever lose to Wattana by that margin or lose at all, we all know that these are the matches he needs to win - especially because he (normally) doesn't beat the top 16 players anymore. His main goal - the return in the top 16 - is now far, far, far away.

Another worrying result is Marco Fu's crushing defeat to Gunnell. Marco hasn't produced the goods for very long time now and could be out of the top 32 sooner than he thinks. What happened to him since the last couple of seasons?

Good results for Ebdon and Doherty but they had to fight very very hard against mediocre opponents to qualify in a decider - again that's not a good sign for them.