Who do you want to win the final?

MURPHY
40%
ROBERTSON
60%

Total votes : 15

Re: Who do you want to win the Final?

Postby GJ

Witz78 wrote:did you see Bournes comments and reply from Robbo earlier GJ?

:gag:

Postby Casey

If Robbo wins it will further cement Robbo's place in the history books and the win totals will show him as the best from the class of 92. Although I do expect Ding and Trump to overtake this at some stage, Robbo would be there for a few years at least.

How many ranker's did Ebdon win, 1 WC, 1UK and 7 ranker's?

Robbo 1 WC, 6 ranker's and 1 Masters would be fast closing in on that total.

Murphy on the other hand is going for the clean weep, something only a handful of players have done.

Postby Witz78

Casey wrote:If Robbo wins it will further cement Robbo's place in the history books and the win totals will show him as the best from the class of 92. Although I do expect Ding and Trump to overtake this at some stage, Robbo would be there for a few years at least.

Murphy on the other hand is going for the clean weep, something only a handful of players have done.

class of 92 ? <doh>

Ding has 5 years on Robbo and Trump has 8 years on Robbo

Robbo didnt even start winning till he was 24, the age Ding is the now.

1 WC and 6 rankers? the WC is one of the 6 :no:

Ebdon had to win his over a far stronger era, he competed at the top level winning stuff whilst Hendry, Ronnie, MJW, Higgins and many more were all at their peaks.

Postby Casey

Witz78 wrote:
Casey wrote:If Robbo wins it will further cement Robbo's place in the history books and the win totals will show him as the best from the class of 92. Although I do expect Ding and Trump to overtake this at some stage, Robbo would be there for a few years at least.

class of 92 ? <doh>

Ding has 5 years on Robbo and Trump has 8 years on Robbo

Robbo didnt even start winning till he was 24, the age Ding is the now.

1 WC and 6 rankers? the WC is one of the 6 :no:

Ebdon had to win his over a far stronger era, he competed at the top level winning stuff whilst Hendry, Ronnie, MJW, Higgins and many more were all at their peaks.

That's right, 5 rankers and a WC.

Robbo has beaten the best players in the world to win his rankers. two x GP's and a World open = 4 BBC events to date. He has legs on Ding and Trump, who have to play catch up on him.

Ebdon beat the likes of Bond, King and White (2000) in finals, not exactly harder than Robbo overall.

Postby Wildey

its Robbo for me <ok>

very rearly im neutral in a match i always want one to win over another.

Postby Witz78

i think thats a loada tosh that your saying Robbos had to beat harder people than Ebdon did to win his rankers

just take the WC for example

Robbo only had to beat 1 top 16 guy (Carter) en route to the title for starters

Ebdon had to beat Hendry in the final when Hendry was still a force in the game

bear in mind too that Ebdons made 3 world finals

Postby Casey

I didn't say he had to beat harder players, I think there isn't much in it.

Ebdon's World performances are very impressive, I think Robbo will be back in the final some day and will finish his career with more titles than Ebdon.

Postby GJ

Rocket_ron wrote:alot of murphy haters

both have their share of hatas TBH :gag:

Postby Smart

Apart from Higgins, I cant think of 2 more hated or unpopular players. Dont like either, but at least in Murphy I have someone to route for. If Higgins had made it thru then that would of been 2 x CDL in the final. As it stands we have 1 CDL and one 1 hammer.

Come on Murphy <ok>

Postby Witz78

Smart wrote:Apart from Higgins, I cant think of 2 more hated or unpopular players. Dont like either, but at least in Murphy I have someone to route for. If Higgins had made it thru then that would of been 2 x CDL in the final. As it stands we have 1 CDL and one 1 hammer.

Come on Murphy <ok>

exactly the thoughts of me and one of my best mates too.

Robbo and Higgins the only 2 players i think id cheer on Murphy against, ok well Hendry too actually :D

Postby Wildey

Smart wrote:Apart from Higgins, I cant think of 2 more hated or unpopular players. Dont like either, but at least in Murphy I have someone to route for. If Higgins had made it thru then that would of been 2 x CDL in the final. As it stands we have 1 CDL and one 1 hammer.

Come on Murphy <ok>

hammer Lover <laugh>

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:

Come on Murphy <ok>

exactly the thoughts of me and one of my best mates too.

Robbo and Higgins the only 2 players i think id cheer on Murphy against, ok well Hendry too actually :D

thank god for that ..

if you cheered on Hendry id cheer on anyone to beat him :baby:

Postby GJ

Come on Murphy <ok>

morning rexy :hatoff:

Postby JIMO96

A year or so ago I would have been overwhelmingly in favour of Robertson......I love it when an overseas player enjoys success, plus Murphy was a bit of a bellend.

Nowadays, my admiration for Murphy has grown...one of the few players who have embraced the Hearn model of the game without criticism. He enters all the PTC's, travels everywhere (even Brazil!) and is turning into quite an ambassador for the sport. And on his game, he's a ferocious potter.

That said, I still favour Robertson.....the way he got it up Trump and his moronic fans yesterday was legendary!

Postby GJ

JIMO96 wrote:A year or so ago I would have been overwhelmingly in favour of Robertson......I love it when an overseas player enjoys success, plus Murphy was a bit of a bellend.

Nowadays, my admiration for Murphy has grown...one of the few players who have embraced the Hearn model of the game without criticism. He enters all the PTC's, travels everywhere (even Brazil!) and is turning into quite an ambassador for the sport. And on his game, he's a ferocious potter.

That said, I still favour Robertson.....the way he got it up Trump and his moronic fans yesterday was legendary!

:bowdown: <cool>

Postby SnookerFan

JIMO96 wrote:A year or so ago I would have been overwhelmingly in favour of Robertson......I love it when an overseas player enjoys success, plus Murphy was a bit of a bellend.

<laugh> <laugh> rofl