Topic locked

Re: BGC Masters Final Discusion !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby Witz78

Oh grow up Wild, get off your high horse for once.
Yes Robbo has 6/6 in ranking finals, that cant be argued but to portray that hes never ever lost 'a final' in his career is to quote Angus Loughran 'a loada bullocks'

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:"YOU BASTARD ROBBO FOR WINNING EVERY FINAL YOU ENTER AND STOPPING MY FAVOURITE PLAYERS FROM WINNING RANKING TITLES WITH YOUR SUPREME TACTICS!!!!"

rofl

rofl rofl rofl

yea you really got to respect Robbo for what hes done even this season

Shanghai Masters and UK Semi Finalist and Masters Champion and 2 PTC and No 1 on the One Year List

thats consistent

but over his career to consistantly win 5 Ranking Events and 2 Majors speaks volume why hes the Best Player to emerge in the 2000s.

Sorry but thats True others has to play Catch up Ding and Trump has age on their side But Robbo has it in the Bank they need to deposit it.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Wild wrote:Whats been a feature of Neil Robertson just how successful hes been on the BBC Winning 5 BBC Events out of 7 hes won discounting PTC.

What's a great achievement agreed but it also showes that he doesn't have that much success outside the UK, in fact he very often loses in the early rounds, just look at his timeline at lot of blue there HERE

Postby Wildey

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Wild wrote:Whats been a feature of Neil Robertson just how successful hes been on the BBC Winning 5 BBC Events out of 7 hes won discounting PTC.

What's a great achievement agreed but it also showes that he doesn't have that much success outside the UK, in fact he very often loses in the early rounds, just look at his timeline at lot of blue there HERE

id Argue that this season he is building on consistancy and doing it brilliantly.

Around the World the BBC Events are seeing as the Benchmark to Greatness if that changes Neil will be winning thoes Events aswell he is a Big Ocation Player.

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:Id still argue the case for Ding over Robbo. Ding had 3 majors and other rankers 'in the bank' by the age of 23.
Robbo hadnt even won a tourny till he was 24.

does not matter one jot he could still have thoes events and buck all else at the age of 40.

you got to build up a winning portfolio and Robbo is Doing it better than anyone although Trump has Started now very well and he could be catching up Ding very soon.

Postby PLtheRef

Witz78 wrote:I need to maintain my anger towards Robbo all week so come the Shootout im still suitably angered to vent my fury at him.

You heard it here first. Higgins v Robertson final

Postby Wildey

PLtheRef wrote:
Witz78 wrote:I need to maintain my anger towards Robbo all week so come the Shootout im still suitably angered to vent my fury at him.

You heard it here first. Higgins v Robertson final

rofl

Postby mediter

Wild wrote:
Witz78 wrote:Id still argue the case for Ding over Robbo. Ding had 3 majors and other rankers 'in the bank' by the age of 23.

does not matter one jot he could still have thoes events and little kitten all else at the age of 40.

you got to build up a winning portfolio and Robbo is Doing it better than anyone although Trump has Started now very well and he could be catching up Ding very soon.

Easy to see why people like GJ are huge fans of Robertson. Excellent longpotter who is going for his shots without too much hesitations, and obviously has learned all-round tactical game with shot selevtions from the likes of Steve Davis and John Higgins. Great player to watch !!

Postby Wildey

on CL Coverage this Afternoon Dave Hendon compared Robertson to Higgins and i thought yea Witz hates both rofl

Postby Witz78

mediter wrote:
Wild wrote:

does not matter one jot he could still have thoes events and little kitten all else at the age of 40.

Easy to see why people like GJ are huge fans of Robertson. Excellent longpotter who is going for his shots without too much hesitations, and obviously has learned all-round tactical game with shot selevtions from the likes of Steve Davis and John Higgins. Great player to watch !!

er hes Aussie so thats why its easy to see why GJ is a huge fan more like

this supporting guys just cos there the same nationality is a loadsa crap

to be fair to GJ though, he does support a Croatian tennis player :pal:

Postby Witz78

SnookerFan wrote:I really enjoyed The Masters this year. :-)

well that says it all really <doh>

nothing to even do with Robbo winning it, but for the 2nd year running i thought the Masters was a total let down.

Postby simplysnooker

Agree witz, masters has been snake hiss poor the last 2 years. at least the 2-3 years before that we had the ronnie/selby finals to make it entertaining. the shootout should be a laugh though, shame i'll have to catch up after the weekend, in london at the weekend.

Postby SnookerFan

Snooker Overdrive wrote:I didn't like the Ally Pally. They could have at least put a nice carpet in there instead of that hideous gray.

<laugh> Spoiled the whole tournament.

It's the bright red carpets they have that I don't like. :grrr:

Postby SnookerFan

roy142857 wrote:Don't think the Masters was poor exactly (quite enjoyed it). But it did lack any 'wow, that was fantastic' moments really - but sport's like that sometimes ...

I'd agree with that. There wasn't one moment or match where you'll be telling your kids about in the future. Nor was there a match that went to a decider. There were a few 6-2s there. The closest to an "Oh my God" moment was the way Judd thrashed Ronnie, I guess. But most people were tipping Judd to win anyway, even if not by that scoreline.

Still, I didn't see one match that I hated, or thought was dull. Some of the 6-4s had mini-comebacks (eg. Ronnie vs Ding), and I enjoyed my visit to the Ally Pally.

Overall an enjoyable tournament, if not remarkable one.