Topic locked

Re: BGC Masters Semi Final Discusion !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby Muppet147

Trump would have beaten O'Sullivan again if he had played him today, instead of Robertson. He has his number.

He actually didn't 'collapse' today. He got little of the run of the ball and missed a pressure shot on the blue when he looked like pulling it back to 3-2.

Postby Monique

Muppet147 wrote:Trump would have beaten O'Sullivan again if he had played him today, instead of Robertson. He has his number.

He actually didn't 'collapse' today. He got little of the run of the ball and missed a pressure shot on the blue when he looked like pulling it back to 3-2.

Well my opinion is that he did collapse today. He missed a lot more than that shot on the blue. You don't get as low as 76% pot success after 4 frames by missing just one shot. He had a lot of expectations on his shoulders, and had only made it worse by boasting all around in the media.

Postby SnookerFan

DavieMac wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:So, what is going to happen in the match tonight? It's a hard one to call, for me.

Higgins wins. Cant see Murphy beating him tbh.

Did you not see yesterday's Super Smurph picture?

Postby DavieMac

SnookerFan wrote:
DavieMac wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:So, what is going to happen in the match tonight? It's a hard one to call, for me.

Higgins wins. Cant see Murphy beating him tbh.

Did you not see yesterday's Super Smurph picture?

No... no I didnt. Was it super awesome?

Postby Muppet147

Monique wrote:
Muppet147 wrote:Trump would have beaten O'Sullivan again if he had played him today, instead of Robertson. He has his number.

Well my opinion is that he did collapse today. He missed a lot more than that shot on the blue. You don't get as low as 76% pot success after 4 frames by missing just one shot. He had a lot of expectations on his shoulders, and had only made it worse by boasting all around in the media.

Not heard any boasting. If he's a little cocky, that's understandable considering his recent form and the way he thrashed O'Sullivan so easily.

Postby likelylad

Spot on! Trump just thrashed the balls in a Tony Drago late in his career style! It shows Trump has not got a plan B when he is not in top form. He still will mature of course, but good Neil brought him back into reality. Reports from the arena suggests also his brother and mates were shouting and putting off Robertson during play. In combination with the disrespect he has to several players in after match comments, his reputation has turned 180 degrees!

Monique wrote:

Postby Muppet147

Trump is a breath of fresh air. The most exciting player to come on the scene since Jimmy White in the Eighties. He's not going to be everyone's cup of tea though and if he brings a few yobs to his matches, we'll just have to get used to it. :)

Postby Roland

Robbo had Judd on the rack from frame 1. The blue to go 3-2 down definitely had a major impact on the result because Judd's head was in pieces for a good half hour afterwards. I really enjoyed the match, I really enjoyed their UK match and felt that it was a lot closer than some thought. Robbo missed a key chance otherwise he could've overturned it in his favour. I knew their next clash would be good. Matchplay v flair play and today matchplay won. Robbo was exceptional.

As for his grumble at the end, it was obvious his fist pumps were aimed at Judd's entourage after the match and he expressed his thoughts in the studio. At the UK final I was sitting directly behind them and they were getting on the nerves of most people in that section of the crowd. Obviously the main thing was the shouting of "GWAN JUDD" after every single non-pot from Mark Allen, and also you had the handheld camera trying to get a shot of Judd's parents and you could see one or two of them trying to lean into shot and then getting into the tableside action once Judd had won. So it's obvious what was winding Robbo up, as he said being nice to him in the players lounge then cheering Judd flukes or Robbo misses in the arena. I'd like to be a fly on the wall next time their paths cross!

Postby jadechelsea

Rocket_ron wrote:
jadechelsea WC wrote:If anyone wants to see how Jake is getting on at the silver waistcoat go on amateur then on Jakes progress :-D

any pics?

I am not there but if he gets to the final they will probably take some pics :-D