Topic locked

Re: BGC Masters Semi Final Discusion !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby Witz78

hitman_ronnie1 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Remember that bloke the BBC used to have doing trick shots on mid-session intervals? I think he was Polish or something. He was called The Incredible somebody, I think. Or somebody The Magnificient.

bogdan. :spot on:

CJs bit on the side?

Postby SnookerFan

hitman_ronnie1 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Remember that bloke the BBC used to have doing trick shots on mid-session intervals? I think he was Polish or something. He was called The Incredible somebody, I think. Or somebody The Magnificient.

That's the fella. I knew I could count on you. :-D

Postby jojo

it a shame gj been banned for whatever reason would have been good to have him on here his man deserverdly in the final i actually make robertson slight favourite as he has more to his game than murphy ie more dimensions and a solid b game

add the fact that robertson has won all six previous finals i think he will win probably 10-8 tomorrow

i remember their 2010 uk quarter final murphy won 9-7 both played well even though he admitted he had the run of the ball on his side so maybe tomorrow will be robertsons turn

Postby Witz78

SnookerFan wrote:
Witz78 wrote:day 21 0ff the drink and im on the verge of cracking

How long you off for? I'm planning to have my next drink on 4th Feb.

well next Friday around pub opening time in Blackpool will be my long awaited return to drink, bound to be messy as ill be chomping at the bit after 4 weeks off it and the excitement of the weekend away / snooker etc.

BUT then after that im off it for 8 weeks, want to lie low before the Wrestlemania XXVIII trip :mosh2:

Postby Witz78

jojo wrote:it a shame gj been banned for whatever reason would have been good to have him on here his man deserverdly in the final i actually make robertson slight favourite as he has more to his game than murphy ie more dimensions and a solid b game

add the fact that robertson has won all six previous finals i think he will win probably 10-8 tomorrow

i remember their 2010 uk quarter final murphy won 9-7 both played well even though he admitted he had the run of the ball on his side so maybe tomorrow will be robertsons turn

Robbo hasnt won all 6 previous finals

hes played in more than 6 finals and lost some of them in PTCs and Premier Leagues

this 100% final record is a sham and it always seems to get twisted back to make it seem perfect

at one stage it was 9/9 when GJ counted minor finals too, then soon as he lost one ,a PTC final i think it was, it went back to 6/6 conveniently.

Postby Witz78

SnookerFan wrote:Is somebody going to start a Final Discusion thread?

Hes too busy sucking his finger on his webcam at the moment and saying Ello Princess to set one up.

Sod it, im not a fan of a new thread being set up straight away literally minutes after a game ends, people still want to talk about it but soon as a next round thread starts, its all about that and its almost off topic if you mention the last game / round.

Postby Witz78

jojo wrote:i wouldnt know anything about the ptcs but robertson been in six ranking finals before and won them all and tomorrow will be the second biggest final he been in

yeh but it aint a ranking final so you cant just say its 7/7 finals hes been in and won if he does tomorrow which will happen

and if he loses, it will also stay at 6/6 no doubt too <doh>

Postby SnookerFan

Witz78 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Is somebody going to start a Final Discusion thread?

Hes too busy sucking his finger on his webcam at the moment and saying Ello Princess to set one up.

Sod it, im not a fan of a new thread being set up straight away literally minutes after a game ends, people still want to talk about it but soon as a next round thread starts, its all about that and its almost off topic if you mention the last game / round.

I'm agreeing with you too much lately. I've always thought that. Or at least don't lock the thread immediately.

Postby SnookerFan

hitman_ronnie1 wrote:

Why is there no youtube footage of Bogdan? That's a disgrace.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

It's good to have you back jojo, you replace Wild well :hatoff:

Murphy played really well all week and doesn't seem to break down halfway like so often in the recent past. It's funny because Alex and I had a quick discussion about Murphy and his disappointing results the last couple of seasons just a few days ago. Well it could be his week.

But so it could be Robbo's. He's playing really well for while now and looks very dangerous with his all round game. I wouldn't mind him winning tomorrow, the only thing that's bothering me is that annoying final record. It's time for that streak to end.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Witz78 wrote:
jojo wrote:i wouldnt know anything about the ptcs but robertson been in six ranking finals before and won them all and tomorrow will be the second biggest final he been in

yeh but it aint a ranking final so you cant just say its 7/7 finals hes been in and won if he does tomorrow which will happen

and if he loses, it will also stay at 6/6 no doubt too <doh>

He could have 2/2 majors tomorrow. You can't really count it to the ranking finals but jojo is right it's still his second biggest final of his career so far.

Postby jojo

whatever his final record 100 per cent or otherwise i would like to see him win i think six ranking titles one of them the world championship with the masters added to that collection would put him in the bracket where the likes of ebdon parrot and doherty are

however if murphy win tomorrow i will be pleased for him he been the best player this week and the fact that he beat higgins i wont begrudge him anything in fact in tribute to him ill be heading off to the kebab shop later ha

sad news about wild semi retiring from this forum though

Postby hitman_ronnie1

SnookerFan wrote:
hitman_ronnie1 wrote:

Why is there no youtube footage of Bogdan? That's a disgrace.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=6B_8-AX438Q

:bowdown:
Last edited by hitman_ronnie1 on 21 Jan 2012, edited 2 times in total.

Postby Witz78

haha just spotted this from earlier too now

Bournes some man :hyper: rofl

phil4321566@Jono_Lancaster good win today mate fair play

Jono_Lancaster@phil4321566 cheers dude - I felt at one with my cue today. Bring on the next round lol

phil4321566@Jono_Lancaster haha good stuff