Topic locked

Re: BGC Masters Semi Final Discusion !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby jojo

it been a little bit strange without the commentary of willie thorne i always rated him as the best of the bbc bunch he very knowledgable the way he speaks and doesnt just say the obvious he gives much more insight ie explaining what shot to play and how at the right time and shot has the most value and why etc

someone need to shaft a cue up dennis taylors bottom so it comes out right through his mouth therefore we wont understand what hes saying ha

Postby Rocket_ron

jojo wrote:it been a little bit strange without the commentary of willie thorne i always rated him as the best of the bbc bunch he very knowledgable the way he speaks and doesnt just say the obvious he gives much more insight ie explaining what shot to play and how at the right time and shot has the most value and why etc

someone need to shaft a cue up dennis taylors bottom so it comes out right through his mouth therefore we wont understand what hes saying ha

Thorne and everton has always been my faves.

Nowdays I like Hendry. I tend to put eurosport on now lately but I cant stand dave hendon he is obnoxious. so mute or low volume

Postby Witz78

another great point jojo

its a joke theyve shafted Thorne and got shot of him and kept the likes of Ken "Tarty Tree" Doherty, John "Wheres the cueball going" Virgo, Dennis "Hes quite useful on the golf course you know" Taylor and John "Im a fat Scouse hammer" Parrott in the commentary box.

Postby Witz78

Rocket_ron wrote:
jojo wrote:it been a little bit strange without the commentary of willie thorne i always rated him as the best of the bbc bunch he very knowledgable the way he speaks and doesnt just say the obvious he gives much more insight ie explaining what shot to play and how at the right time and shot has the most value and why etc

Nowdays I like Hendry. I tend to put eurosport on now lately but I cant stand dave hendon he is obnoxious. so mute or low volume

yeh Hendons a total nerd and just comes across as a total anorack

Angles the best by far of the Eurosport team, not that it would be hard with clowns like Joe Johnson, Mike Smith and Hendon

Postby Rocket_ron

Witz78 wrote:
Rocket_ron wrote:

yeh Hendons a total nerd and just comes across as a total anorack

Angles the best by far of the Eurosport team, not that it would be hard with clowns like Joe Johnson, Mike Smith and Hendon

Mike Hallets ok

Postby Roland

Thorne and JV never shut up. It winds a lot of people up. Thorne knows his stuff when it comes to breakbuilding, but away from that he talks a lot of rubbish. JV just talks rubbish full stop.

Postby Witz78

Thorne has the best voice of the commentators

plus a lot of people enjoy him talking about the odds for the matches and offering his own unique insight into how they will go, he also like to refuse to remain impartial which i like

the likes of Ken, JP are playing up to the PC brigade, to be honest them pair are attrocious, if there being groomed to be the commentators for the next 20 years or so, gos help us, ill just watch games on mute in future

Jack Karnhem would be turning in his grave

Postby Roland

Instead of talking about the worst commentators, I would say my favourite commentators are, in no particular order:

Foulds
Everton
Hendry
Hendon
Johnson
McManus

Postby Andre147

Sonny wrote:Instead of talking about the worst commentators, I would say my favourite commentators are, in no particular order:

Foulds
Everton
Hendry
Hendon
Johnson
McManus

Since we are in this wave of talking about commentators, I´ll also list my favourites, also no order in particular:

Everton
Hendry
Yates
Foulds
Taylor
Hendon

Surprised that no one has mecioned Phil Yates <doh> , he is very good at commentating, knows his snooker very well, understands how diffcult the game is, and also tells us some very interesting statistics, which is also great too :-)

Postby sundaygirl

Today I will be supporting Trump and Higgins as I think that will produce the most exciting final!
I do hope that Robertson has go his cue sorted, I want to see a competive match and not just an exhibition from Judd.
Wish the matches were the other way round I predict a long wait between matches and a late night :excite:

Postby SnookerFan

sundaygirl wrote:Today I will be supporting Trump and Higgins as I think that will produce the most exciting final!
I do hope that Robertson has go his cue sorted, I want to see a competive match and not just an exhibition from Judd.
Wish the matches were the other way round I predict a long wait between matches and a late night :excite:

I was going to text you that. I reckon your prediction on Tuesday was correct. <laugh>

Postby Casey

jojo wrote:so they never going to bring thorne back to the bbc ? i think t such a shame in a funny way his commentary make the matches better if that make sense

Good to see you back jojo :hatoff:

I think Thorne is commentating at this years Welsh Open so I assume he will be back for the World Championships as well. I think Virgo is outdated now and should make way instead of Thorne. They will never get rid of Taylor, the BBC see him as their golden boy.

Postby Casey

All this talk about Higgins being in decline this season are proven to be nonsense. I fully expect him to reach the final, not sure if he will win the whole thing but he will come close.

Postby SnookerFan

I'd still be interested in a Higgins vs Trump final. It'll be a good judgement to see how far Judd has come. Because he was beating everybody put in front of him last year, then Higgins stood in his way. I want to see if this time Judd finds away round John's high-standard match play.