Topic locked

Re: The Masters 1st Round Discusion !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby Monique

Witz78 wrote:u kidding John, bar some decent breaks in tonights match the rest of R1 has been poor quality and a pretty dire lacklustre tournament so far.

I thought that the opening match was a quite decent one as well with both players on high success percentages in all department of the game. Ding's fight back made it interesting and full of tension. Some of Ronnie's shots were unreal.

True Stevens, Gould and Bingham disappointed and I'm not expecting too much from Carter tonight, going on recent form and mindset but overall I think this Masters is better than the last year edition.

Postby Monique

Casey wrote:Well, that was pretty gutting it has to be said. Allen had him and the push shot really turned it all around.

Yes but the key element was that Allen allowed frustration to get at him after the push shot and it showed in his body language. Robbo could smell blood and gained confidence from that.

Postby Casey

Monique wrote:
Casey wrote:Well, that was pretty gutting it has to be said. Allen had him and the push shot really turned it all around.

Yes but the key element was that Allen allowed frustration to get at him after the push shot and it showed in his body language. Robbo could smell blood and gained confidence from that.

Yes that is true, Robbo played brilliant from there on, didn't miss a ball.

Postby hendry_fan

*Neil Robertson* 6-3 Mark Allen

Juhhhuuuui,i was right again,i wrote yesterday that i thought Robbo would beat Allen and he did. :-)

Very high standard snooker from both players (especially in the breakbuilding department),until Allen started missin a few after the MSI.

Robbo looked verrrry sharp indeed.very good performance from "the thunder from down under!. :clap:

So,who will i predict to win today,....i,ll go for Selby,Selbys done well in his trips to the Masters so far and seems to really thrive at this event.

I don,t really know what to make of Lee at all anymore,no doubt about it when he,s on song he,s a brilliant player but he,s rarely on song these days.He,s one of those players who either serves up roast beef,broccoli and parsnips or he ends up serving mince and tatties. :-)

Postby gallantrabbit

So Lee going down without a scrap. Stephen your achievement then was getting to the Masters and making 15k right? Little interest in getting further?? Push yourself man don't just lie down...

Postby Wildey

gallantrabbit wrote:So Lee going down without a scrap. Stephen your achievement then was getting to the Masters and making 15k right? Little interest in getting further?? Push yourself man don't just lie down...

yea it is frustrating when players look incapable to play the game despite being in the elite top 16.

Postby Monique

SnookerFan wrote:
PLtheRef wrote:68% success for Lee.

I can see 6-0 here.

You never know. Lee might win it 6-4. :-D

Hum … only if he sits on top of Selby for the whole MSI. Then Selbs might come back feeling "flat" and who knows what we get in the press tomorrow… ;-)

Postby SnookerFan

Monique wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
PLtheRef wrote:68% success for Lee.

I can see 6-0 here.

You never know. Lee might win it 6-4. :-D

Hum … only if he sits on top of Selby for the whole MSI. Then Selbs might come back feeling "flat" and who knows what we get in the press tomorrow… ;-)

<laugh>

Monique, you and your photographs were missed at The Masters.

Postby Wildey

both Matthew Stevens and Stephen Lee has looked out of their depth in a fieled of 16 that incorporated a rolling ranking list.

not good enough.

Postby SnookerFan

Wild wrote:both Matthew Stevens and Stephen Lee has looked out of their depth in a fieled of 16 that incorporated a rolling ranking list.

not good enough.

There haven't been many close matches, have there? Only two that were 6-4, and non 6-5 yet.

Though Murphy played amazingly well against Gould, to be fair. Also, I think despite what Allen says, he was outplayed last night.

Postby Wildey

i like the way hendry says nothing in comentry unless theres something worth saying ..

some just waffle on for hours saying buck all.

Postby gallantrabbit

This commentary role for Hendry might do his snooker some good. I still think if he adapted his game a little he could be challenging. Think I've said that somewhere before though. He can't really be enjoying watching and commentating on a tournament that he 'owned' for so long. YOu'd think that would motivate to do whatever were needed to be back there next year...You could possibly say he's had a slight upturn in form since taking on the role...?

Postby Wildey

gallantrabbit wrote:This commentary role for Hendry might do his snooker some good. I still think if he adapted his game a little he could be challenging. Think I've said that somewhere before though. He can't really be enjoying watching and commentating on a tournament that he 'owned' for so long. YOu'd think that would motivate to do whatever were needed to be back there next year...You could possibly say he's had a slight upturn in form since taking on the role...?

it did Davis good in his mid to late 40s and hendry of late does plays a bit more possitive.....he had became tentative with his shots like in 2 minds what to play..

Postby Muppet147

Wild wrote:i like the way hendry says nothing in comentry unless theres something worth saying ..

some just waffle on for hours saying buck all.

Dennis Taylor and Willie Thorne are notable by their absence. Probably playing golf together somewhere.

Postby gallantrabbit

John From London Town wrote:Mark Allen has seriously impressed me of late, he’s become a Top player who will win titles. However, opening up his mouth & letting his belly rumble ain’t gonna do him any favours. He needs to realise that even when you play really well, you ain’t always gonna win.

I agree he's impressed John, but he really should win something of note before even thinking about opening his trap. Stu Bingham has won more than him <cool>

Postby John From London Town

gallantrabbit wrote:
John From London Town wrote:Mark Allen has seriously impressed me of late, he’s become a Top player who will win titles. However, opening up his mouth & letting his belly rumble ain’t gonna do him any favours. He needs to realise that even when you play really well, you ain’t always gonna win.

I agree he's impressed John, but he really should win something of note before even thinking about opening his trap. Stu Bingham has won more than him <cool>

Hello mate. :hatoff: I think I put my comment in the wrong thread. :blush:
He's not happy losing, who is, but he's gotta learn how to lose before he wins. I like him as a player, I really do, top notch stuff he's playing these days but Neil Robertson is different gear in my book.
But yeah, your right. He needs to win & once he does, & I firmly believe he will, people will listen. Keep smiling buddy.