Topic locked

Re: The Masters 1st Round Discusion !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby gallantrabbit

Hate to say it to all you snooker purists and long frame match enthusiasts, but the second seeders in this Masters are not doing much to wave the flag for even 11 frame matches...haven't had one 6-5 yet...

Postby Wildey

gallantrabbit wrote:Hate to say it to all you snooker purists and long frame match enthusiasts, but the second seeders in this Masters are not doing much to wave the flag for even 11 frame matches...haven't had one 6-5 yet...

you get more exciting best of 19s+ than best of 11s

longer=better matches

Postby Casey

The QF will be very tasty - O'Sullivan v Trump and Williams v Robbo.

As there are only two matches a day there is no need to reduce it below best of 11.

Postby gallantrabbit

Don't get me wrong Wild I like longer matches, but BH is storing up evidence here...Come on Lee I want a decider!! Three big breaks in the three he's won. This boy can play. Why you 3-5 down Lee?

Postby Wildey

gallantrabbit wrote:Don't get me wrong Wild I like longer matches, but BH is storing up evidence here...Come on Lee I want a decider!! Three big breaks in the three he's won. This boy can play. Why you 3-5 down Lee?

yea but how many PTC Finals that been 4-0 5 of them in 2 seasons .

you cant think like that great matches develope over time.

longer a match more exciting it gets of course you will get run aways but a best of 11 run away could become a best of 19 classic.

Postby gallantrabbit

Yes Lee get on it!!
Get in your zone and out of your comfort zone.
Do you want to be chalenging or an also ran. You have talent to be a challenger why do you want to be an also ran. You earn 100k per year, why don't you want 200k!!
I'm not even a Lee fan particularly, just want to see a good story. Cmon Lee!!

Postby gallantrabbit

Bit silly accusing Selby of being a choker. He'll be relieved to get over the line and we've seen a match.
Lee should walk away from today asking himself a few questions though. He's still good enough to be top eight.
For example - why did it take me four frames to pot a ball. Why don't I believe in myself when I've got one of the best cue actions in the game and have bundles of experience. Should I really think about going on a diet if I want the stamina for these games. Feeling better will make him play better no question.
Do I want to be a contender or someone who makes a living out of snooker?
Nothing personal I'm on a week of rants and did this the other day with Murphy...

Postby Snooker Overdrive

gallantrabbit wrote:Lee should walk away from today asking himself a few questions though. He's still good enough to be top eight.
For example - why did it take me four frames to pot a ball. Why don't I believe in myself when I've got one of the best cue actions in the game and have bundles of experience. Should I really think about going on a diet if I want the stamina for these games. Feeling better will make him play better no question.
Do I want to be a contender or someone who makes a living out of snooker?
Nothing personal I'm on a week of rants and did this the other day with Murphy...

Very good points but all that shows why he isn't a top 8 player anymore (I also don't think he deserves top 16).

Snooker is a bucking complicated game and I don't know why Murphy, Lee or Maguire don't win titles anymore, some things are just the way they are.

Postby Monique

SnookerFan wrote:Best match of the tournament so far.

Best as in "most thrilling" - agreed - but not the best quality performance.
And no Selby isn't a choker but he looked unusually vulnerable under pressure. Going by what he said in York after losing there, and even more by his body language then, I have the feeling that Mark starts to feel the pressure to prove himself "worth" his n°1 spot by actually winning big and not just being ultra consistent. Just my feelings of course, I'm not in his head.

Postby Wildey

Monique wrote:

And no Selby isn't a choker but he looked unusually vulnerable under pressure. Going by what he said in York after losing there, and even more by his body language then, I have the feeling that Mark starts to feel the pressure to prove himself "worth" his n°1 spot by actually winning big and not just being ultra consistent. Just my feelings of course, I'm not in his head.

quality is overated in the context of a match...

theres just something extra special seeing a player who started to strugle pull himself up by his shoe laces to do what selby did in the 10th frame from a initial long pot from the balk cush.

Postby Wildey

thank to twitter the roles are reversing..

players are now comentating on the performances of comentators in the box rofl

Postby Monique

Wild wrote:
Monique wrote:

quality is overated in the context of a match...

theres just something extra special seeing a player who started to strugle pull himself up by his shoe laces to do what selby did in the 10th frame from a initial long pot from the balk cush.

Well again Wild it depends what everyone appreciates more in snooker. I enjoyed the match but for me quality is important. Not everybody is the same.

Postby SnookerFan

Monique wrote:

The best performance by an individual player, for me, has been Shaun Murphy. Of course, we still have one last 16 match to go.
Last edited by SnookerFan on 18 Jan 2012, edited 2 times in total.

Postby SnookerFan

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
SnookerFan wrote: Of course, we still have one semi-final to go.

:wave: SimpleFan

What the hell? rofl buck sake, I can't even blame being drunk on that one. I don't know what happened there.

I'll edit.