Topic locked

Re: The Ally Pally

Postby sundaygirl

@Bourne
Hey I'm a woman, an old married woman, but still definitely a woman!

Postby SnookerFan

sundaygirl wrote:@Bourne

I can confirm this. :D

Postby SnookerFan

SnookerFan wrote:

I can confirm this. :D

The bit about you being a woman by the way, not old.

Postby Witz78

SnookerFan wrote:

I cant confirm this because i dont know what a woman looks like :sad:

:ymca:

Postby sundaygirl

I will give my full review of Ally Pally Sunday, but first impressions better than Wembley Arena not as great as the Conference Center R.I.P

Postby Roland

That's the impression I get - better than the Arena, not as good as the Conference Centre, somewhere in between. Certainly not as good as York

Postby sundaygirl

I have a very rose tinted view of the Conference Center the further into the past it is the more fondly I remember it. I was speaking to my mother yesterday she says the first time we all came back smelling like ashtrays and when Daddy asked if I wanted to go next year I said no thank you.

Postby Wildey

sundaygirl wrote:I have a very rose tinted view of the Conference Center the further into the past it is the more fondly I remember it. I was speaking to my mother yesterday she says the first time we all came back smelling like ashtrays and when Daddy asked if I wanted to go next year I said no thank you.

ashtrays was what every building smelled like back in the day.......conference centre just had more people in it to smell.

Postby SnookerFan

The Ally Pally was pretty good. A bit of an bottom to get to if you've never been before, but now I have, it'll be a lot easier next time.

Even stayed in a hotel after the "late" matches, which actually only finished at 10pm. Pretty grim hotel, but I had a laugh.

And some woman was admiring my Hurricane Higgins T-Shirt. :D

Postby sundaygirl

SnookerFan wrote:The Ally Pally was pretty good. A bit of an bottom to get to if you've never been before, but now I have, it'll be a lot easier next time.

Even stayed in a hotel after the "late" matches, which actually only finished at 10pm. Pretty grim hotel, but I had a laugh.

And some woman was admiring my Hurricane Higgins T-Shirt. :D

I did feel I was cramping your style at that point, had you been on your own you might have pulled :-D

Postby SnookerFan

sundaygirl wrote:I did feel I was cramping your style at that point, had you been on your own you might have pulled :-D

I was already there with somebody better. :D

Postby Casey

The crowds at the UK and Masters have been fantastic!

You look at tennis tournaments around the World and unless the top 3 or 4 players are on, the arena's are empty.

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:
sundaygirl wrote:I did feel I was cramping your style at that point, had you been on your own you might have pulled :-D

:gag:

Postby SnookerFan

Wild wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

:gag:

I said I'd buy dinner, and I did. :evilgrin:

Postby sundaygirl

Going to give Ally Pally 7/10
The seats were a bit uncomfortable, but the view was good. The blue disco light very tiresome and the between match interval was a bit dull with no one to talk to and no where nearby to go.
Best thing about it very easy and cheap (£11.90) for me to get to plus the match could have finished an hour later and still no danger of missing the last train back.
Snookerfan are we on for next year? I'll make you a packed Lunch of your choice so we wont have to hike to McDonalds!

Postby sundaygirl

Just to add up tuppenceworth to the crowd debate, as someone who was there.
Yes the crowd was very pro Judd and there was some clueless shouting out of c'mon Judd when there was nothing for him to go for BUT it was all PRO Judd none of the shouting I heard was anti Robertson. I have been at many Masters matches when Ronnie and especially Jimmy have been playing where coughing, stamping etc have occurred when there opponent is on the shot and where the crowd has been warned and even people ejected for shouting "go home" and worse to players. In my opinion it was quite a fair crowd (by London standards)

Postby SnookerFan

sundaygirl wrote:Going to give Ally Pally 7/10
The seats were a bit uncomfortable, but the view was good. The blue disco light very tiresome and the between match interval was a bit dull with no one to talk to and no where nearby to go.
Best thing about it very easy and cheap (£11.90) for me to get to plus the match could have finished an hour later and still no danger of missing the last train back.
Snookerfan are we on for next year? I'll make you a packed Lunch of your choice so we wont have to hike to McDonalds!

Yup, me and you do it once a year.

We can discuss the finer points of the lunch nearer the time. :D