Carter - Dott
6%
Higgins - Stevens
10%

Total votes : 31

Re: The Masters 2012 Draw

Postby Wildey

Tubberlad wrote:
Bourne wrote:In fairness we had a great line-up last year and it was the worst Masters ever so I ain't gona get my hopes up yet :no:

Last year's Masters was up there with the worst tournaments I've watched, and I never thought I'd say that about the Masters... okay, it's overrated, but it generally produces the most exciting matches (if anyone thinks I'm contradicting myself there, my point is that the format is too short for a major and it's a bit of anti-climax with no points on offer).

but that has always been the beauty of the masters ....personally i think inviting wild cards degraded it somewhat ...quite simply get in the top 16 and you playing in it.

Postby Casey

Last years event died when Allen lost to Fu - Ding v Allen would have been a much better final.

All very good first round matches. Higgins has lost 9 or 10 times in the first round so I reckon that one will be close.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Robertson - Allen:
Neil definitely in better form than Mark but he has a poor record at Masters regarding that he's nearly 30 and hasn't even managed once to win more than a match there. It probably will be a very entertaining match.

Williams - Maguire:
Mark should be favourite but Stephen seems to do always well then he's playing Williams. Tough to call.

Selby - Lee:
I expect a lot from Selby this year. In fact I make him favourite for the title. Of course most people will forget due to his very disappointing defeat to King last year that he's has only lost 2 Masters matches in his career. This year he will continue there he left off two years ago. Lee won't have a chance.

Murphy - Gould:
Smurphy became completely unpredictable during the last seasons. Martin will beat him if he has a great day but Murphy is the favourite nonetheless.

Carter - Dott:
Not a match I'm pumped up for but should both players play well (that's very unlikely though) it will be great to watch. 50-50 match.

Higgins - Stevens:
The UK and World Champion hasn't made an impact yet and has a terrible first round record at the Masters. I'll go with Stevens.

A word to Higgins: Long before June I wrote somewhere here that Higgins will fall down hard this season, let's see if this bald prediction turn out to be true. Of course we'll evaluate this after the World Championship but I just remembered my statement.

Postby Wildey

higgins form has not been good this season after 2 Main Tournament but the test will come at York.

Postby kostasmad

A very interesting statistic: Stevens has lost all his matches after he won the title in 1999.

Actually when he won the title, I think it was his first appearence there. Moreoever, he has lost 6 of these games in a decider!!!

Postby Bourne

19, is that to signify his ranking this time next year :D

Postby Bourne

Or the average ranking of his opponents in the 2010 World Champs :chuckle:

Postby Witz78

Bourne wrote:Or the average ranking of his opponents in the 2010 World Champs :chuckle:

yeh right, Robbo aint that UNlucky

Rankings of players Robbo beat en route to his farcial WC

O'Brien 31
Gould 46
Davis 23
Carter 5
Dott 28

total = 133 divided by 5 = 27

average rank of opponent 27 - hahaha even Hendry had harder draws in the early 90s :grrr: