Topic locked

Re: Williamhill.com U K Championship Final Discussion!!!!

Postby Roland

I don't think Robertson mind games would have bothered Ronnie, honestly. A final against Mark Allen would have been very close and it's hard to call but I think Ronnie would have shaded it, provided he's in the right frame of mind.

That is pretty funny <laugh>

Postby hendry_fan

*Judd Trump* 10-8 Mark Allen

I did,nt see every frame of the final but i saw most.

Well done to Trump,he well deserved the title,all in all played the best snooker the whole of the week.

Allen did well to come back like he did,but he really gave himself far too much to do after he lost 7 frames in a row!.

Can this be the start of a new dominator,Trump might not start dominating,but he might win more than the rest in the coming years,we,ll all just have to wait n see just consistent he is!.

:win: :clap: JuddTrump :clap: :win:

Postby gallantrabbit

I like the confidence in Trump, talking about domination of the sport. Every true champ needs a little arrogance.
Great that Trump's style of play is also able to win him a big one. I've nothing against Allen on the table, though he's woefully inconsistent, but he should really try to llok at how he can benefit his sport and living off the table. No problem with criticism, although to the face it's always better, but openly starting off slagging doesn't gain you much respect, although overall the publicity has probably done snooker more good than harm

Postby Casey

Still don't know how Allen lost that -

Potted more long balls
Safety was better
Bigger breaks

:sad:

Trump played so well though and its fine margins, that 5th frame was the crucial one in the end. I think Mark would have beaten any other player in the World, he didn't miss one ball when in during the evening session.