Topic locked

Mark Allen SF support thread.

Postby Casey

Huge match for Mark on Saturday, Walden is playing well but Mark will not get a better chance to reach a major final. A lot of pressure on but I think he can do it. A match up against either Robbo or Judd would be pure class! :happy: :happy: :happy:

Re: Mark Allen SF support thread.

Postby Bourne

Yeh I can't admit i've ever been Mark's biggest fan but i've always liked his 'buck what the others think' attitude that rubs people up the wrong way, I don't think he's played that great this week but he is favourite for his semi-final for sure. <ok>

Postby Tubberlad

I'm a big fan of this guy and I hope he makes it to his first ranking event final tomorrow evening <ok>

Postby randam05

Yeah, I like the pair of them a lot.. But Allen is a great player and character. Im not supporting either, theyre both enjoyable to watch.

Postby Smart

I like Mark, have met him and think he is a nice guy, who has gone up in my estimations this week for speaking his mind and not being a "yes man".

I backed him last night at 4-4 as part of a treble with Barney and Wadey, so made me a little bit too. :win:

Hope he makes the final where he hopefully beats one of the 2 classless lefties. <ok>

Postby Tubberlad

Smart wrote:I like Mark, have met him and think he is a nice guy, who has gone up in my estimations this week for speaking his mind and not being a "yes man".

I backed him last night at 4-4 as part of a treble with Barney and Wadey, so made me a little bit too. :win:

Hope he makes the final where he hopefully beats one of the 2 classless lefties. <ok>

If you don't mind me saying so, I find it very hard to believe that a Ronnie O'Sullivan fan could think that Trump is classless :chuckle:

Postby Smart

Tubberlad wrote:
Smart wrote:I like Mark, have met him and think he is a nice guy, who has gone up in my estimations this week for speaking his mind and not being a "yes man".

If you don't mind me saying so, I find it very hard to believe that a Ronnie O'Sullivan fan could think that Trump is classless :chuckle:

I will explain.

Trump / Jono / Wenny - no difference in any of them, they are all classless (not in terms of how they behave, I am talking in terms of how they play snooker). Its all walk into the shot, manufactured, no class, nothing appealing. They do nothing for me.

Jack Lisowski has swagger, ROS has swagger, Jimmy used to have proper swagger. <ok>

Postby Tubberlad

Smart wrote:
Tubberlad wrote:

I will explain.

Trump / Jono / Wenny - no difference in any of them, they are all classless (not in terms of how they behave, I am talking in terms of how they play snooker). Its all walk into the shot, manufactured, no class, nothing appealing. They do nothing for me.

Jack Lisowski has swagger, ROS has swagger, Jimmy used to have proper swagger. <ok>

Okay, I get you. It's interesting that you mention Robertson and Wenbo because, though they play in an attacking manner, I'm not too excited by either (although I quite like Robertson as he has a lot of bottle). Wenbo's game actually annoys me a little bit, a bit crash-bang-wallop for my liking, although I don't dislike him.

Can't say the same for Trump though, his game is very exciting and looks very natural to me, although maybe he doesn't 'flow' into a shot quite to the same extent as O'Sullivan.

Postby Muppet147

Agree about Trump. He is very exciting to watch and because his cue ball control isn't as good as O'Sullivan's, it means he pulls off more good pots to keep the break going.

Robertson can be as good to watch but he often deliberates more and can be quite slow round the table.

Postby Smart

Tubberlad wrote:
Smart wrote:
Tubberlad wrote:

I will explain.

Okay, I get you. It's interesting that you mention Robertson and Wenbo because, though they play in an attacking manner, I'm not too excited by either (although I quite like Robertson as he has a lot of bottle). Wenbo's game actually annoys me a little bit, a bit crash-bang-wallop for my liking, although I don't dislike him.

Can't say the same for Trump though, his game is very exciting and looks very natural to me, although maybe he doesn't 'flow' into a shot quite to the same extent as O'Sullivan.

Jono - has a very exagerrated "walk into the shot" and is not exciting or a flair player, win ugly is the mantra.

Wenny - similar to Stevens in a way that he stalks the table a lot playing "air shots", very frustrating and then he has the clueless dumb shots that he adds into the mix.

JT - hits the ball too hard, again very manufactured address of the ball, the set up to the shot.

None of the 3 above I find to be flair, classy or exciting players.

The views above are my own, and no-one was injured in the making of this post. <ok>

Postby SnookerFan

Smart wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:As long as he is supporting no best of 11s in the UKs, I support him. :mosh2:

:win:

I want to see John Parrott interview Mark Allen after the matches. rofl

Postby Tubberlad

John From London Town wrote:Trump, Robertson & Wenbo = Manufactured?!?! Heard it all now. :chuckle:

I certainly disagree on Trump, but it's strange that he mentions Wenbo & Robertson because their game never did anything for me either, not that I dislike them at all. Maybe manufactured isn't the word I'd choose, but there's something about them that does leave me a bit flat.

Postby Smart

Tubberlad wrote:
John From London Town wrote:Trump, Robertson & Wenbo = Manufactured?!?! Heard it all now. :chuckle:

I certainly disagree on Trump, but it's strange that he mentions Wenbo & Robertson because their game never did anything for me either, not that I dislike them at all. Maybe manufactured isn't the word I'd choose, but there's something about them that does leave me a bit flat.

Right, just for fun, watch carefully tonight how JT gets in position for each shot, how he brings the cue back behind him. Everything is very routined and like the other 2 I find it manufactured. Not silky or classy. Just see tonight and watch is close on both. Jonos walk into the shot makes me laugh. <ok>

Postby Tubberlad

Smart wrote:
Tubberlad wrote:

Right, just for fun, watch carefully tonight how JT gets in position for each shot, how he brings the cue back behind him. Everything is very routined and like the other 2 I find it manufactured. Not silky or classy. Just see tonight and watch is close on both. Jonos walk into the shot makes me laugh. <ok>

You might be about to ruin Judd Trump's game for me, I need some hope with Sullivan on the slide :-D and Ding is a bit hot and cold sadly, frustrating times ahead.

Postby Smart

Tubberlad wrote:
Smart wrote:
Tubberlad wrote:

You might be about to ruin Judd Trump's game for me, I need some hope with Sullivan on the slide :-D and Ding is a bit hot and cold sadly, frustrating times ahead.

Not my intention, perhaps I look to deep, or am being over critical. You will be watching closely now though. :win: rofl

Postby Tubberlad

INDEED I WILL <laugh> funny thing is, I normally agree with your views on players more than anyone else's (liking Sullivan, Ding, Dott etc. disliking the games of Higgins, Robertson), so I'm scared now that I'll end up having a set against Trump now rofl

Postby Smart

Tubberlad wrote:INDEED I WILL <laugh> funny thing is, I normally agree with your views on players more than anyone else's (liking Sullivan, Ding, Dott etc. disliking the games of Higgins, Robertson), so I'm scared now that I'll end up having a set against Trump now rofl

we might be clones :chuckle:

Postby nice_shoes_ken

My display pic says it all.

Have supported him for two years now, and will continue to support him despite his comments.

About time he won a ranking title anyway.

Postby SnookerFan

I think Judd Trump will win the whole tournament. But I want Mark Allen to. I also want Mark Allen to express his disgust at the best of elevens again in his acceptance speech.

:D

Postby Casey

Come on Mark, destiny awaits :happy:

This is a horrible match for mark, he will be expected to win this match - those 6 SF defeats though and Walden is playing so well :sad:

Postby SnookerFan

Casey wrote:Come on Mark, destiny awaits :happy:

This is a horrible match for mark, he will be expected to win this match - those 6 SF defeats though and Walden is playing so well :sad:

It'd be sad if Mark campaigned so for tirelessly for best of 17 matches, and lost his first one. :-(

Postby GJ

good luck pistol