Topic locked

Re: Williamhill.com U K Championship Semi Finals Discussion!

Postby Bourne

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Bourne wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Bourne wrote:This is quality breakbuilding from Walden.

That's more like it Bourne, don't ever make fun of Walden again. :telloff:

I'm very embarrassed about my none-sense comments two days ago :emb: , you were right all along :bowdown:

:hatoff:

Still a long way to go in the match to be proved wrong but if I am I will admit it and bare my backside for yous to kick :hatoff:

Postby Bourne

Snooker Overdrive wrote:It's alright now Bourne.

What do think about Robbo's shouting after making it 5-5? Am I wrong or has he really lost all the matches he did a fist pump?

Nah I remember him beating Carter at the 09 Worlds, made three or four superb clearances to win on the black and proper rubbed it in a few times with the shouting, loved it :D

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Bourne wrote:

What do think about Robbo's shouting after making it 5-5? Am I wrong or has he really lost all the matches he did a fist pump?

Nah I remember him beating Carter at the 09 Worlds, made three or four superb clearances to win on the black and proper rubbed it in a few times with the shouting, loved it :D

He did a shout after going 3-0 up against Ronnie in 2010 Masters and lost in the end 6-4. I think he doesn't do himself a favour doing that, it's a bit unsporting if he wins a match and he just motivates the opponent even a bit more to beat him if the match isn't over.

Postby Wildey

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Bourne wrote:

He did a shout after going 3-0 up against Ronnie in 2010 Masters and lost in the end 6-4. I think he doesn't do himself a favour doing that, it's a bit unsporting if he wins a match and he just motivates the opponent even a bit more to beat him if the match isn't over.

you got a point regarding motivating the other player but its not unsporting its part of sport.

Postby SnookerFan

Ricky Walden captured four frames in succession to take a 5-3 lead over Mark Allen after the first session of their UK Championship semi-final in York.

Walden went 1-0 behind but levelled with a superb break of 124, only to be 3-1 down at the mid-session interval.

However, he seized on some Allen errors with breaks of 60, 66 and 98, before a clearance of 127 in the final frame.

The match concludes at 1900 GMT with Judd Trump awaiting the winner in Sunday's final.

Allen, who has beaten Adrian Gunnell, Ali Carter and Marco Fu so far this week but received rather more attention for his comments about snooker chief Barry Hearn, won a scrappy opening frame with a clearance of 24.

Walden immediately levelled in some style, however, even playing the pink left-handed during his century clearance.

Breaks of 85 and 54 seemed to put Allen in command at 3-1, and he had a golden opportunity to take a three-frame lead in the first frame after the resumption.

But he went in-off when potting the final green and Walden was soon level after adding the next.

Walden, 29, who beat Ronnie O'Sullivan to win the 2008 Shanghai Masters title as a qualifier, narrowly missed a century in frame seven, his break ending on 98 when a doubled final red bounced out of the jaws in the centre pocket, but his second century of the day earned him a two-frame cushion into the evening.

:mex: :mex: :mex:

Postby Roland

Worth a retweet on here:

markwil147 mark williams
@
@SteveSnooker @hitmanholt have sum guts in the studio and tell them wat ur really thinking, rather than sit there and talk crap u old fart.

Postby SnookerFan

Sonny wrote:Worth a retweet on here:

markwil147 mark williams
@
@SteveSnooker @hitmanholt have sum guts in the studio and tell them wat ur really thinking, rather than sit there and talk crap u old fart.

I know it's been asked before, but is this really Mark Williams. Some of the stuff he's saying....

He just sounds like the game guy who did that fake Ken Doherty twitter a couple of years back.

Postby Andre147

Sonny wrote:It's on Eurosport HD with Hendon and JJ for anyone interested in that. Much better.

I am watching it on the BBC though, I love when Stephen is commentating :-) The men who knows best :happy:

Postby Tubberlad

Could I just put it out there that I feel Robbo and Trump may be brewing something of an on-table rivalry akin to Higgins v O'Sullivan. Robertson is often labelled as a flair snooker player, and I'm not sure why. Yes, he can play extraordinary shots, but for me he's very workmanlike and ground-it-out, very similar to Higgins (that's not a criticism of Robertson, I like him and I admire his bottle and toughness greatly). Trump is similar to O'Sullivan in that he's very attacking, but his safety game is solid too and is often overshadowed by how attacking he is. He needs to smarten up a tad, and when he does he'll be absolutely devastating, because as it is I feel he's the best player in the World, Robbo is his nearest rival in this regard.

They're both quality, and may be the men to beat over the next few seasons.

Postby SnookerFan

Tubberlad wrote:Could I just put it out there that I feel Robbo and Trump may be brewing something of an on-table rivalry akin to Higgins v O'Sullivan. Robertson is often labelled as a flair snooker player, and I'm not sure why. Yes, he can play extraordinary shots, but for me he's very workmanlike and ground-it-out, very similar to Higgins (that's not a criticism of Robertson, I like him and I admire his bottle and toughness greatly). Trump is similar to O'Sullivan in that he's very attacking, but his safety game is solid too and is often overshadowed by how attacking he is. He needs to smarten up a tad, and when he does he'll be absolutely devastating, because as it is I feel he's the best player in the World, Robbo is his nearest rival in this regard.

They're both quality, and may be the men to beat over the next few seasons.

It was certainly an immense match. And much like Higgins vs Ronnie, you could watch it in practically every tournament in the season, and not complain.

Higgins vs Ronnie still my personal favourite though.

Postby Roland

SnookerFan wrote:
Sonny wrote:Missed a few tough ones in this frame though. Ricky is perfect for the counter.

You back from the Barbican, sir?

I live here!

Mark Allen seems to have Ricky Walden on the ropes. Feel for Ricky missing that brown, he looks under it. Had the brown gone in he'd probably back in fluid mode.