Topic locked

Re: Williamhill.com U K Championship Semi Finals Discussion!

Postby Witz78

SnookerFan wrote:Talking of other sports, how is the Mosconi Cup going? Seen any good Michaela Tabb action?

Europe 7-4 up

you not hear about the hoo hah last night, one of the Yanks Rodne Morris losing the plot midway thru doubles match and was effing and blinding then offering Appleton and the European fans a fight on the Las Vegas strip :bowdown:

Postby SnookerFan

Witz78 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Talking of other sports, how is the Mosconi Cup going? Seen any good Michaela Tabb action?

Europe 7-4 up

you not hear about the hoo hah last night, one of the Yanks Rodne Morris losing the plot midway thru doubles match and was effing and blinding then offering Appleton and the European fans a fight on the Las Vegas strip :bowdown:

I think I vaguely saw something about it on Twitter. Don't really follow pool.

Postby Witz78

anyone else ever do that

you have a good scoop of drink thru the day and are getting into the swing of things then stupidly come home to get ready etc but then lose momentum and motivation and end up not being fussed with the thought of heading back out?

baltic outside and loads good stuff on the box mind u so might make do with one last quiet night in b4 the party season starts.

this time next week the vodkas and air guitars will be in full swing haha

Postby Tubberlad

Witz78 wrote:you have a good scoop of drink thru the day and are getting into the swing of things then stupidly come home to get ready etc but then lose momentum and motivation and end up not being fussed with the thought of heading back out?

Oh stop, all the time :roll: most annoying thing ever

Postby SnookerFan

Bourne wrote:Really good performance tonight from Allen, deserved to make the final. He will lose there of course but a breakthrough week to be sure to be sure. <ok>

I agree. I reckon this could be Trump's week.

Though, it'd be a better story if Mark "I hate Hearn" Allen won the title. :bow:

Postby Bourne

Bourne wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Bourne wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:
That's more like it Bourne, don't ever make fun of Walden again. :telloff:

I'm very embarrassed about my none-sense comments two days ago :emb: , you were right all along :bowdown:

:hatoff:

Still a long way to go in the match to be proved wrong but if I am I will admit it and bare my backside for yous to kick :hatoff:

:john:

Postby Tubberlad

Allen's semi-final hoodoo has ended

2007 Northern Ireland Trophy: Lost 3-6 to Fergal O'Brien
2008 Bahrain Championship: Lost 4-6 to Neil Robertson
2009 World Championship: Lost 13-17 to John Higgins
2010 China Open: Lost 2-6 to Ding Junhui
2010 UK Championship: Lost 5-9 to John Higgins
2011 Masters: Lost 4-6 to Marco Fu

2011 UK Championship: Best Ricky Walden 9-7 :D

Postby SnookerFan

Tubberlad wrote:Allen's semi-final hoodoo has ended

2007 Northern Ireland Trophy: Lost 3-6 to Fergal O'Brien
2008 Bahrain Championship: Lost 4-6 to Neil Robertson
2009 World Championship: Lost 13-17 to John Higgins
2010 China Open: Lost 2-6 to Ding Junhui
2010 UK Championship: Lost 5-9 to John Higgins
2011 Masters: Lost 4-6 to Marco Fu

2011 UK Championship: Beat Ricky Walden 9-7 :D

He's never lost a final though. :D

Postby vodkadiet

Tubberlad wrote:Ten of those games were as amateurs <ok>

That said, Allen is a very good player, has a bit of class about him and won't bow under pressure. I think this could go either way.

Trump played like an amateur yesterday. :-D

Postby Tubberlad

vodkadiet wrote:

That said, Allen is a very good player, has a bit of class about him and won't bow under pressure. I think this could go either way.

<laugh>

I think he was alright <ok> the way Robertson played was never going to lead to quality. It's why even great players rarely look their best against people like Harold & O'Brien, it's always something of a slog. Robertson was pushing out his shot times considerably last night.

Postby vodkadiet

Tubberlad wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:

<laugh>

I think he was alright <ok> the way Robertson played was never going to lead to quality. It's why even great players rarely look their best against people like Harold & O'Brien, it's always something of a slog. Robertson was pushing out his shot times considerably last night.

Robbo was trying to become the new 'Robbie Foldvari'. :-)

Robbo Foldvari. :-D
Last edited by vodkadiet on 11 Dec 2011, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Another good semi final. Ricky can be very proud of what he has achieved this week. Allen was just a bit more experienced and I think that made the difference in the end. Hopefully Walden can push on now and get himself as soon as possible back in the top 16. He showed this week that he (and Marco Fu) should be in there.