Topic locked

Re: Williamhill.com U K Championship Quarter Final Discussio

Postby Bourne

GJ wrote:
Bourne wrote:
Casey wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:This is the Mark Allen who beat Robbo in the Masters this year and who beat Ronnie in the WC 2009.

<ok>

He closed it out well after a mid match wobble.

So he plays Walden in the SF! I am very worried about that, he has lost 6 SF's and if he were to play a higher ranked player next the pressure would be off. The fact it is Walden, the pressure will really be on. Not at all confident but we will see.

Who has he played in those semis, Higgins a coupla times I remember, Fu, who else ?

he lost to the only world champion left in this in 1 :win:

All difficult matches when he was underdog then, don't think he'll mind being the hunted this time, he seems to have relished in that role this week what with all the Hearn stuff going on as well.

Postby GJ

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Bourne you continually talk about Trump hatahs but your nothing but a hatah yourself

Bourne = Walden hatah :grrr:

and robbo hatah :grrr:

Postby Bourne

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Bourne you continually talk about Trump hatahs but your nothing but a hatah yourself

Bourne = Walden hatah :grrr:

If I knew who Walden was that is :limp: :chuckle: Allen will have no troubles IMO

Postby Casey

Bourne wrote:
Casey wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:This is the Mark Allen who beat Robbo in the Masters this year and who beat Ronnie in the WC 2009.

<ok>

So he plays Walden in the SF! I am very worried about that, he has lost 6 SF's and if he were to play a higher ranked player next the pressure would be off. The fact it is Walden, the pressure will really be on. Not at all confident but we will see.

Who has he played in those semis, Higgins a coupla times I remember, Fu, who else ?

Robbo and Murphy

Postby Tubberlad

Although I want Trump to win this tournament, I'd love to see Allen make the final... for all the controversy surrounding him this week, it's worth remember that he is a very good snooker player, certainly the best never to have won a ranker

Postby Bourne

Casey wrote:
Bourne wrote:
Casey wrote:

<ok>

Robbo and Murphy

Huge step down in class let's be honest !

Postby randam05

Snooker Overdrive wrote:This is a fascinating tournament. In the upper side the favourites advanced while in the lower side 3 underdogs did really well. I think all 4 semi finalists have a real chance to win this title now.

But trump will win to snake hiss me off :-)

Postby GJ

Have to say on the robbo match today

Ding was dire lucky to get the 2 frames as robbo messed up in those 2 from well ahead.

Postby Bourne

randam05 wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:This is a fascinating tournament. In the upper side the favourites advanced while in the lower side 3 underdogs did really well. I think all 4 semi finalists have a real chance to win this title now.

But trump will win to snake hiss me off :-)

Musta been disappointing to see your fave player lost tonight :-( But at least your fave player is in the semis and who knows he might get lucky against Allen. <ok>

Postby Casey

I guess Mark is an underdog in this tournament although this is his 3rd Major SF in 18months. I am glad the SF's are best of 17, I think it will give him a better chance. Also if he does make the final it will be interesting to see if Uncle Barry is in the presentation party. :emb:

Postby GJ

The Cueist wrote::D :D Well done Mark Allen :happy: :happy: :happy:

Walden done the Righteous man,I loved it. :D :happy: :happy:

Unlucky Ding. :blush: Still atleast he has won it twice. ;-)

Trump :hatoff: Pot's balls for fun,A pleasure to watch. :spot on: :ahh:

whos the only world champion left in :win: :bowdown: <ok>

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Casey wrote:

I guess Mark is an underdog in this tournament although this is his 3rd Major SF in 18months. I am glad the SF's are best of 17, I think it will give him a better chance. Also if he does make the final it will be interesting to see if Uncle Barry is in the presentation party. :emb:

Hearn will make him snooker's new flag-bearer.

Postby The Cueist

GJ wrote:
The Cueist wrote::D :D Well done Mark Allen :happy: :happy: :happy:

Walden done the Righteous man,I loved it. :D :happy: :happy:

Unlucky Ding. :blush: Still atleast he has won it twice. ;-)

Trump :hatoff: Pot's balls for fun,A pleasure to watch. :spot on: :ahh:

whos the only world champion left in :win: :bowdown: <ok>

Well spotted mate :-D Good line,And of course a very true fact. :-D ;-)

Postby The Cueist

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Casey wrote:

Hearn will make him snooker's new flag-bearer.

In all honesty Robbo and Trump are the main contenders to lift the title.

That said mate,You could well be right about the best of 17 thing being in Allen's favour,As he has lapses in concentration and he misses easy ones from time to time.Gives him a chance to catch up if the match goes that way. <ok>

Postby vodkadiet

As much as I want Allen to win, I can't help but feel that we need a Robbo vs Allen final as Allen virtually always hammers Trump, and it would make for a one sided final if Trump and Allen meet, so here's hoping for a Robbo win against the rag doll.

:hatoff: