Topic locked

Re: Williamhill.com U K Championship Last 16 Discussion!!!!

Postby SnookerFan

kostasmad wrote:Best 16 line up ever...Fu is also a top-16 player for me and a much better break builder than some people in top 8 (Murphy, robbo, etc).

Cant wait for these matches....

To be a top-16 player, don't you traditionally need to be in the top-16?

Postby hendry_fan

Ronnie O'Sullivan v Judd Trump

Aye,crackin match,but i wont be able to see any of it unless both suddenly start playin like the likes of Harold and O`brien and they,ll still be playing at 19.00. :chuckle:

Ronnies been playing very good lately but as i,ve said,it all comes down to producing the goods on the day,also,Trumps a diffrent kettle of fish to Davis,i just hope that Judd will produce a better pot success than Davis did against Ronnie,which ended up bein a mere 78%.

:-D Come on Judd,time to send Ronnie back to the Chigwell pub!. :-D

John Higgins v Stephen Maguire

I should really be for John after Maguire kicked Hendry out but as i like both,all i,m gonna say is,may the best man win.
If Maguire can play today like he did against Hendry last Saturday then Higgins will have to play at least his B+ game at the very least to keep Maguire at bay.

Graeme Dott v Neil Robertson

Well,correct me if i,m wrong but i think Robbos had the better of the two the last good few times they,ve met,so come on Graeme,your due a win against "The thunder from down under" :-)

Postby Wildey

kostasmad wrote:Best 16 line up ever...Fu is also a top-16 player for me and a much better break builder than some people in top 8 (Murphy, robbo, etc).

Cant wait for these matches....

but theres more to being a top player than that Look at Anthony Hamilton great Breakbuilder and with respect Poor Player.

i think Marco is better than that after all hes Almost won the UK but as much as people want to say Rankings aren't Correct

1) you have to play.

2) you have to win matches.

no matter what system and Marco not done that.

Postby Roland

Wild wrote:
Sonny wrote:What's the order of play on Thursday - anyone?

Check Out your own forum you just might Find out viewtopic.php?f=265&t=3031

Could miss Allen v Selby then because Ben's coming up and is playing at my club Thursday night. Will have to have it on the red button.

Postby Smart

randam05 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Mark Williams v Ricky Walden and Martin Gould v Shaun Murphy both on at the same time. Wow! Which match do I watch?

Put two tellies next to each other, put one match on one tv, one match on the other then put a thin wall between your eyes along your nose line and watch both :-) :hatoff:

"thin wall between your nose".................what like a partition, or do you mean a breeze block garden wall rofl

Postby Smart

randam05 wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:My match preview for Ronnie O'Sullivan v Judd Trump:

I'm worried that Judd might hit top form because if he does, he is incredibly hard to beat even if the opponent plays flawless. The Trump of today won't have a chance but I'm certain he'll raise his game. For the first ever I think we aren't wondering which Ronnie will turn up but which Judd will turn up. For me as a Ronnie fan this match is of colossal importance. Good luck Ronnie!

You got to take into consideration Judd knocks in atleast 2 flukes per frame that lead to a frame winning breaks, or a fluke saves him mid break. So Ronnies going to have to be careful.

:baby:

Postby N_Castle07

Great Snooker so far I'm looking forward to catching some of the Ronnie Trump match on BBCiplayer at work. I must say I'm disapointed with BBC this year I don't think they are supporting snooker in the way they did to make it a success. Fair enough you can watch all matches on the red button or internet but you can't record or rewind when using the red button. None the less I'm thrilled its this time of year again.

Postby moondan

Ronnie looks as solid as I have seen him for a good few seasons, Judd looks a bit fragile at present so for me its Ronnie.

I do think that Higgins has been flattered by a few results, especially Trump playing stupidly in the worlds final and Mark Williams losing his bottle and game when they met in that other final.

I think Dotty will comfortably beat John today.

I am looking forward to see Selby at last take charge for a while.

Seeing the same old, same old, still surviving in this supposed harder era, it just confirms what I have always thought that Hendry and Ronnie where in a class of their own when in their primes and the rest will never ever look on the same level. :D

Postby Snooker Overdrive

My other match previews for today:

Ding Junhui v Matthew Stevens:
Ding struggled, Stevens played very well in the first round. But Ding will be up for this today and Stevens hasn't done anything convincing in big tournaments the last couple of years. It could get close because Ding isn't playing that well yet but I can't see him losing.

Graeme Dott v Neil Robertson:
Could and should be a cracker. Both players in form, both beating their first round opponents by 6 frames to 1. But Robertson has the superior head to head record and so I'll go with Robbo but it will be close.

John Higgins - Stephen Maguire:
Maguire normally plays better against the bigger opponents. He played quite well against Hendry and he will make it tough for Higgins. The defending champion nearly went out on Saturday and isn't playing well at all this season. He can step up his game every minute but he hasn't a good record defending a title - in that case he normally goes out in the last 16.