Topic locked

Re: Williamhill.com U K Championship Last 32 Discussion!!!!

Postby mishcka

SnookerFan wrote:
mishcka wrote:is that when Shaun got that back injury? psycho sid was bad bad boy!
maybe we should have wrestling-snooker compo; like boxing-chess: one frame of snooker followed by one round of wrestling then back to snooker again!

Would the wrestling bit have a shot-clock?

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

Re: Williamhill.com UK Championship Last 32 Discussion!!!!

Postby mishcka

SnookerFan wrote:
Witz78 wrote:I must dig out my pics of Shawn Michaels from the Hall of Fame ceremony in April, sure Mischka will be jealous.

Did you ever meet Bret Hart? He was my favourite.

Bret was amazing (slightly off topic) I liked him in Lonsom Dove the tv series as well (certainly off topic)!

Postby Witz78

I was lucky enough 2 get pics of myself with Randy Savage (ill treasure that one), Howard Finkel, Shawn Michaels, Arn Anderson, Virgil, Bobby Heenan, The Brooklyn Brawler, Red Rooster, Jesse Ventura, Bret Hart, Rowdy Roddy Piper, Sgt. Slaughter, Hulk Hogan, Mankind and thats just the ones i can remember of the top of my head.
I will post them in the wrestling thread here later. Also met 2 time WBF champ Gary Strydom come to think of it.

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:I was lucky enough 2 get pics of myself with Randy Savage (ill treasure that one), Howard Finkel, Shawn Michaels, Arn Anderson, Virgil, Bobby Heenan, The Brooklyn Brawler, Red Rooster, Jesse Ventura, Bret Hart, Rowdy Roddy Piper, Sgt. Slaughter, Hulk Hogan, Mankind and thats just the ones i can remember of the top of my head.
I will post them in the wrestling thread here later. Also met 2 time WBF champ Gary Strydom come to think of it.

you really are Ryan147 on speed lol

Postby SnookerFan

Witz78 wrote:I was lucky enough 2 get pics of myself with Randy Savage (ill treasure that one), Howard Finkel, Shawn Michaels, Arn Anderson, Virgil, Bobby Heenan, The Brooklyn Brawler, Red Rooster, Jesse Ventura, Bret Hart, Rowdy Roddy Piper, Sgt. Slaughter, Hulk Hogan, Mankind and thats just the ones i can remember of the top of my head.

Did you ever go to any of those British wrestling events in town halls and local theatres? rofl The prime athletes were always 45 and weighed 28 stone.

Postby randam05

SnookerFan wrote:So, anyway, we all watching the snooker?

Im not sure because everyone on here has called EVERY event so far this season 'tin pot' or something. So i guess this is a minor ranking event or something? I guess people may not bother watching. This forum isnt even about snooker anymore! I mean.. look above <laugh>

Im not complaining though its kinda fun I guess!

But yes I wont miss a second of it, like I dont miss a second of any other screened snooker. :D

SOOOO EXCITED

Postby SnookerFan

randam05 wrote:

Im not sure because everyone on here has called EVERY event so far this season 'tin pot' or something. So i guess this is a minor ranking event or something? I guess people may not bother watching. This forum isnt even about snooker anymore! I mean.. look above <laugh>

But yes I wont miss a second of it, like I dont miss a second of any other screened snooker. :D

SOOOO EXCITED

What's the standout first round match for you, sir? Let me guess? Judd Trump vs Dominic Dale?

Postby SnookerFan

As part of the build up to the UK Championship, here is another fascinating fact of the daay. It's about Dominic Dale from Wikipedia.

He also beat Peter Ebdon at the 2008 Malta Cup, despite a bout of stomach cramps and a drinking session the night before the match.

Dale lives the bad boy lifestyle. :D

Postby Bourne

SnookerFan wrote:
randam05 wrote:

SOOOO EXCITED

What's the standout first round match for you, sir? Let me guess? Judd Trump vs Dominic Dale?

:hatoff:

Re: Williamhill.com U K Championship Last 32 Discussion!!!!

Postby Witz78

SnookerFan wrote:
mishcka wrote:is that when Shaun got that back injury? psycho sid was bad bad boy!
maybe we should have wrestling-snooker compo; like boxing-chess: one frame of snooker followed by one round of wrestling then back to snooker again!

Would the wrestling bit have a shot-clock?

it already does <doh>

the 1,2,3 count rofl

Postby Smart

Wild wrote:Saturday 3rd of December

11am

John Higgins v Rory McLeod GOOD LUCK SNORY
Ding Junhui v Mark Davis GOOD LUCK CHINA

NB 2pm

Neil Robertson v Tom Ford COME ON FORDY
Graeme Dott v Matthew Selt Mon DOTTY

7pm

Stephen Maguire v Stephen Hendry MEH
Matthew Stevens v Marcus Campbell Mon DUMBARTON

:gag:

Postby randam05

SnookerFan wrote:
randam05 wrote:

SOOOO EXCITED

Very much so. Also looking forward to Ronnie Davis obviously. Selby Day will be alright and suprisingly Lee- Walden. I like Ricky a lot. How about you? There aint many good first round clashes, but there is sure some good second round ones!

Postby SnookerFan

From the World Snooker website. (Don't worry Sonny, it's from today.)

The Australian has been in superb form in recent weeks, winning two events in the Players Tour Championship series and climbing to No 4 in the world rankings.

Robertson proved his capacity to rise to the big occasion by winning the World Championship last year, but surprisingly he has yet to reach the semi-finals of snooker's second biggest ranking event.

"I do have a poor record in the UK Championship but I don't think there's any reason for that other than coincidence," said the Cambridge-based cueman. "My form has been fantastic recently, I've been very consistent, won a couple of tournaments, and I'm really looking forward to going to York and trying to keep that going in one of our biggest events."

The early-round matches at the UK have been reduced from best-of-17 to best-of-11 frames, but Robertson does not believe his chances will be affected by the change.

"You have to adapt to whatever the format is," said the 29-year-old. "I do enjoy the best of 17s, but on the other hand at least with best-of-11 you know you're playing for a result in one session rather then playing over two sessions.

"The new format means that every match is on a TV table, which is good for the players because some great matches have ended up on the outside tables in previous years.

"There's no dividing wall between the two tables which is ideal for the fans because they can watch both matches. At the Welsh Open last year I was on the other table when Stephen Hendry was making a 147. You can lose focus when something like that is happening so you have to keep concentrating on your own match."

Robertson starts his bid for the £100,000 top prize against Tom Ford on Saturday.