Topic locked

Williamhill.com UK Championship Last 32 Discussion!!!!

Postby Wildey

Image
Saturday 3rd~Sunday 11th of November at The Barbican Centre,York

After 4 years the UK Championship is Back in The Barbican,York where the Last Time played in York Peter Ebdon was the Champion Beating Stephen Hendry in the Final well how Times have changed with Both Ebdon and Hendry having to Qualify and with contrasting Results although Stephen Hendry will be back in York Peter Ebdon will not be there having Lost in Qualifying.

Defending his Title this week will be World Champion John Higgins, Can Mark Williams take Revenge after is dramatic loss last year ?

and after some impressive performances in Minor PTC Events can Ronnie O'Sullivan step it up on the main stage once again ?

DRAW

FORMAT OF PLAY

PREDICTION CONTEST

Image Image

Re: United Kingdom Championship Last 32 Discussion!!!!

Postby Wildey

simplysnooker wrote:snake hiss poor coverage from the BBC on the opening weekend it has to be said.

red button <ok>

then Steve and John can talk all the rubish they want. <doh>

Re: United Kingdom Championship Last 32 Discussion!!!!

Postby Smart

simplysnooker wrote:snake hiss poor coverage from the BBC on the opening weekend it has to be said.


I've decided after a quick look at the scheduling that EUROSPORT will be my broadcast partner for this years UK champs. For starters they have blanket coverage on the opening weekend, starting at 11am - Eurosport 2. :hatoff:

Re: United Kingdom Championship Last 32 Discussion!!!!

Postby SnookerFan

Smart wrote:
simplysnooker wrote:snake hiss poor coverage from the BBC on the opening weekend it has to be said.


I've decided after a quick look at the scheduling that EUROSPORT will be my broadcast partner for this years UK champs. For starters they have blanket coverage on the opening weekend, starting at 11am - Eurosport 2. :hatoff:


Link? I can't see the BBC TV listings anywhere.

Re: United Kingdom Championship Last 32 Discussion!!!!

Postby SnookerFan

11am
John Higgins v Rory McLeod
Ding Junhui v Mark Davis

NB 2pm

Neil Robertson v Tom Ford
Graeme Dott v Matthew Selt

7pm
Stephen Maguire v Stephen Hendry
Matthew Stevens v Marcus Campbell

These are the choice matches for me. I usually chose a stick with one table all day strategy at the BBC events, but I might risk the Ding match finishing before the McLeod match. Mainly because a woman could get impregnated and give birth in the time it takes McLeod to play a match.

Re: United Kingdom Championship Last 32 Discussion!!!!

Postby Smart

SnookerFan wrote:
Smart wrote:
simplysnooker wrote:snake hiss poor coverage from the BBC on the opening weekend it has to be said.


I've decided after a quick look at the scheduling that EUROSPORT will be my broadcast partner for this years UK champs. For starters they have blanket coverage on the opening weekend, starting at 11am - Eurosport 2. :hatoff:


Link? I can't see the BBC TV listings anywhere.


On my tv I have a 7 day forward planner, and so each week I can programme which shows to watch or record in advance. On Saturday I can see a BIG chunk on Eurosport from 11am, the same on Sunday.

Not sure BBC is offering the same unless it is on the Red button, either way I would like to escape the rubbish from Taylor and bum licker Virgo so its Eurosport for me :-D

Re: United Kingdom Championship Last 32 Discussion!!!!

Postby Smart

SnookerFan wrote:11am
John Higgins v Rory McLeod
Ding Junhui v Mark Davis

NB 2pm

Neil Robertson v Tom Ford
Graeme Dott v Matthew Selt

7pm
Stephen Maguire v Stephen Hendry
Matthew Stevens v Marcus Campbell

These are the choice matches for me. I usually chose a stick with one table all day strategy at the BBC events, but I might risk the Ding match finishing before the McLeod match. Mainly because a woman could get impregnated and give birth in the time it takes McLeod to play a match.


I am tempted to agree with you match choices there :hatoff:

Its funny that GJs two main players are playing at the same time, but thats life. <ok>

Re: United Kingdom Championship Last 32 Discussion!!!!

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:Found the link. (No thanks to anybody else. :grrr: )

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/other_s ... 129894.stm

Coverage is pretty twiddle most of the week on BBC 2 compared to what it is usually. Hazel Irvine shall be missed. :-(

lets hope the BBC Dont waste license payers money employing Hazel and Rishi Persaud fort that bucking bullocks or they will be getting less money for my TV License next year thats for sure.

Re: United Kingdom Championship Last 32 Discussion!!!!

Postby SnookerFan

Wild wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Found the link. (No thanks to anybody else. :grrr: )

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/other_s ... 129894.stm

Coverage is pretty twiddle most of the week on BBC 2 compared to what it is usually. Hazel Irvine shall be missed. :-(

lets hope the BBC Dont waste license payers money employing Hazel and Rishi Persaud fort that bucking bullocks or they will be getting less money for my TV License next year thats for sure.


I don't mind a bit of Hazel Irvine action, I think she adds something to the product.

Rishi Persaud can buck off though.

Re: United Kingdom Championship Last 32 Discussion!!!!

Postby Smart

SnookerFan wrote:
Wild wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Found the link. (No thanks to anybody else. :grrr: )

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/other_s ... 129894.stm

Coverage is pretty twiddle most of the week on BBC 2 compared to what it is usually. Hazel Irvine shall be missed. :-(

lets hope the BBC Dont waste license payers money employing Hazel and Rishi Persaud fort that bucking bullocks or they will be getting less money for my TV License next year thats for sure.


I don't mind a bit of Hazel Irvine action, I think she adds something to the product.

Rishi Persaud can buck off though.


racist :zzz:

Re: United Kingdom Championship Last 32 Discussion!!!!

Postby SnookerFan

simplysnooker wrote:I think I'll stick with the BBC's coverage, but tape all of the matches which are on the other table on Eurosport. Mosconi Cup is on halfway through so will be a feast of snooker and pool over the next couple of weeks!


God Dammit! :grrr:

Re: United Kingdom Championship Last 32 Discussion!!!!

Postby SnookerFan

Rory McLeod's entry on Wikipedia.

Rory McLeod is an English professional snooker player. After ten years on the Challenge Tour he reached the Main Tour professional ranks for the 2001/2002 season, paving the way for a solid journeyman career.

rofl

Re: United Kingdom Championship Last 32 Discussion!!!!

Postby Snooker Overdrive

SnookerFan wrote:Rory McLeod's entry on Wikipedia.

Rory McLeod is an English professional snooker player. After ten years on the Challenge Tour he reached the Main Tour professional ranks for the 2001/2002 season, paving the way for a solid journeyman career.

rofl


That's spot on <ok>

Re: United Kingdom Championship Last 32 Discussion!!!!

Postby mishcka

SnookerFan wrote:How far can Steve Davis and Stephen Hendry go in this tournament?

Is there any chance of either of them getting past the first round?


if Hendry plays as good as yesterday, and Maguire plays "as good" as he's been playing this season, I say Hendry can win this match :D

Steve Davis: it all depends on Ronnie's head!


   

cron