Topic locked

Re: United Kingdom Championship Qualifying !!!

Postby Wildey

Wednesday 9th of November

7pm

Jamie Cope 3-6 Joe Jogia
Ricky Walden 6-2 Jamie Jones
Ken Doherty 5-6 Peter Lines
Fergal O'Brien 2-6 Li Yan
Peter Ebdon 3-6 Robert Milkins
Joe Perry 4-6 Adrian Gunnell
Marco Fu 6-5 Anthony Hamilton
Ryan Day 6-0 Jamie Burnett

Postby Wildey

Last 32 Draw

John Higgins v Rory McLeod
Stephen Maguire v Stephen Hendry
Ronnie O'Sullivan v Steve Davis
Judd Trump v Dominic Dale
Ding Junhui v Mark Davis
Matthew Stevens v Marcus Campbell
Graeme Dott v Matthew Selt
Neil Robertson v Tom Ford
----------------------------------------------
Mark Williams v Joe Jogia
Stephen Lee v Ricky Walden
Martin Gould v Peter Lines
Shaun Murphy v Li Yan
Allister Carter v Robert Milkins
Mark Allen v Adrian Gunnell
Stuart Bingham v Marco Fu
Mark Selby v Ryan Day

Postby Andre147

Wild wrote:What a loaded top Quarter

4 Legends
20 World Titles
19 UK Titles
15 Masters Titles
117 Ranking Titles

Indeed wild, has got to be the quarter of the UK Champs with the most ranking and Masters titles ever I would think, very good for the tournament itself that Hendry and Davis qualified, I expect it to be a good tournament, even though with the crap best of 11 eleven frames until the semis :irk: :john:

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Looks like I slept through the qualifiers, so here are my views on the results and upcoming matches:

Stephen Hendry:
I expected him to win and the result looks like a comfortable win. The Maguire match will be very interesting and I would give Hendry a reasonable chance to beat him.

Peter Ebdon:
His defeat to Milkins is a really bad sign for the 2006 UK Champion. I thought he would power straight back into the Top 16, but it looks like the decline of the great Peter is full process.

Ryan Day:
A whitewash is impressive. A victory against Selby could get him back on track but we are very far away from that scenario right now.

Rory McLeod:
He comes back to punish Higgins in the most cruel possible way snooker has offer.

Marco Fu:
About time he got himself together again, he certainly has a good chance against Bingham.

Steve Davis:
I'm very happy to see him in a big tournament again. He's an inspiring legend, in my opinion the greatest the sport ever had. I'm still amazed about his dream-like 2010 Crucible appearance and still wonder sometimes if that really happened. It will be a great match against Ronnie even though he probably won't get too close. However my highlight of the first round!

Postby Smart

Sarah Mount wrote:Just had the pleasure of seeing Smart and family! Had a nice catch up in the shop. Even managed to sell him something ;-)

Nice to see a Snooker Islander here at SWSA :happy:

:D

Had a fantastic time with the family. Brilliant entertainment and great to see a really well run tournament again. Joe Jogia is a great guy. :win:

ps Loving my Jimmy White mug, bit scared to drink out of it, dont want to stain it <laugh>

Postby mishcka

randam05 wrote:
mishcka wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:DOMINIC DALE QUALIFIED! :D :bowdown:

:D :D :D :D :D :D

:D :D but did you see what happened to hamilton? :sad:

:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: (I still cannot believe I slept while watching really good snooker, but in my defence I do wake up at 6 am every morning to go to work)!!

Postby Wildey

GJ wrote:wild

whats robbos draw like for this ?

basicly

Last 32 Tom Ford

Last 16 Matthew Selt

Quarter Final Matthew Stevens

Postby mediter

Bourne wrote:Knowing Robbo's luck with draws that'll probably be what happens lol

Yep, so true m8... Strategalilly superb thing, but it takes some time to Robbo to................... whatever. Not to even to even mention O`Sullivan here

Postby Bourne

Witz78 wrote:
Bourne wrote:Knowing Robbo's luck with draws that'll probably be what happens lol

Jono deserves a bit of luck after all that hes been through :gag:

Well he's come out the other side smiling ... or at least that's what I think he does :chin: Might just be a wrinkle :shrug: