Topic locked

Re: United Kingdom Championship Qualifying !!!

Postby Andre147

I wouldn´t say go back to the best of 31 frames in the final, but, don´t get me wrong, I´d very much like to, though it won´t happen because of tv broadcasts and so on..... But yes, I agree, best of 11 in the 2nd most important tournament in the calender is a bit of a joke, best of 17 is the order of the day.... Because that´s what makes this tournament very especial and different from a regular ranking event... So if there is no major difference between them, this tournament will certainly (it has already) lose it´s prestige and will become like the old grand prix... which now is the world open, but not the same when the grand prix was on it´s heyday...

Postby hendry_fan

Muppet147 wrote:
Smart wrote:
Wild wrote:there is no question its lost it prestiege first when the final was reduced in 1993 and now reduce to best of 11s.

i literally cant seperate it from the shanghai masters this year yes its a major but its a few weeks away and it dont feel like a special event no more.

id not at all be surprised if barry will have a re think for next year.

yep, it wont be the same sort of buzz over best of 11........................ :irk:

Yes, Hearn has cute little kittened up yet again with his meddling. Best of 11 is a joke. They should go back to the good old days when it was best of 17 and then best of 31 in the final. :ahh:

Absolutely,Muppet147!,The UK Championship is the second BIGGEST ranking snooker event,so they really should,nt shorten it,changes were needed in our snooker world and we,ve gotten them,but some things are just better left as they are. <ok>

Postby Smart

Muppet147 wrote:
Smart wrote:
Wild wrote:there is no question its lost it prestiege first when the final was reduced in 1993 and now reduce to best of 11s.

i literally cant seperate it from the shanghai masters this year yes its a major but its a few weeks away and it dont feel like a special event no more.

id not at all be surprised if barry will have a re think for next year.

yep, it wont be the same sort of buzz over best of 11........................ :irk:

Yes, Hearn has screwed up yet again with his meddling. Best of 11 is a joke. They should go back to the good old days when it was best of 17 and then best of 31 in the final. :ahh:

:win: :hatoff:

Postby Tubberlad

It should be like a Christmas World Championship :hatoff: two tables up to the quarter-finals

First round: best-of-17 frames
Second round: best-of-17 frames
Quarter-finals: best-of-19 frames
Semi-finals: best-of-25 frames
Final: best-of-31 frames

None of that best-of-11 bull, I'm not even looking forward to the tournament this year, it's just another ranking event and a bastardised version of the UK in it's previous guise.

Postby Wildey

Tubberlad wrote:It should be like a Christmas World Championship :hatoff: two tables up to the quarter-finals

First round: best-of-17 frames
Second round: best-of-17 frames
Quarter-finals: best-of-19 frames
Semi-finals: best-of-25 frames
Final: best-of-31 frames

None of that best-of-11 bull, I'm not even looking forward to the tournament this year, it's just another ranking event and a bastardised version of the UK in it's previous guise.

im looking forward its a step up from PTC but you are right it just dont feel right

Postby vodkadiet

Smart wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:I feel that Barry Hearn has 'raped' the UK Championship s by reducing the frames. It doesn't feel like the UK anymore.

Raped or buggered or sodomised, he's done something nasty to it and its not nice, Uncle Barry should not of done it. :gag:

'Have' should replace 'of. Let's not let Wild's grammar rule these boards. >-(

Postby Smart

vodkadiet wrote:
Smart wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:I feel that Barry Hearn has 'raped' the UK Championship s by reducing the frames. It doesn't feel like the UK anymore.

Raped or buggered or sodomised, he's done something nasty to it and its not nice, Uncle Barry should not of done it. :gag:

'Have' should replace 'of. Let's not let Wild's grammar rule these boards. >-(

You can edit any further misdemeanours that I make, and from this point I will assume you gave me permission likewise. rofl

Postby Wildey

So the UK Championship Gets really underway today at the SWSA at 12pm and for me the pick of todays matches is Michael White v Daniel Wells.

yesterday wells whitewashed Kacper Filipiak to record his first win of the season and after 8 PTC and 2 Ranking Event thats Pretty disapointing for a player of his talent that reached a PTC Semi Final last season as a Amataur.

Will this win lead to greater things or will Michael White build on a Good season that sees him sitting at 62 in the Provisional Seeding list http://prosnookerblog.com/rankings/late ... -seedings/

Postby Bourne

Witz78 wrote:Apparantly Rory McLeod might not make it back from Mecca in time for his game due to the large crowds

Is he gigging out there :D

Postby randam05

FDC wrote:how tough is that stupid white on Luca...

That is so sad. Im not a fan of Ian and I love watching Luca! I feel awful for him :-( that is shocking. One of the unluckiest things ive seen in snooker.

Postby mishcka

randam05 wrote:
FDC wrote:how tough is that stupid white on Luca...

That is so sad. Im not a fan of Ian and I love watching Luca! I feel awful for him :-( that is shocking. One of the unluckiest things ive seen in snooker.

I second that...

Postby ZdiZ

Good, maybe now he'll start taking the game more serious and not be so cocky in smaller tournaments. You could even see the arrogance with that snooker, when he hit the white before it even hit the first cushion.

Postby Wildey

Sunday 6th of November

12pm

Adam Duffy 6-3 Dechawat Poomjaeng
Kurt Maflin 6-4 David Hogan
Ian McCulloch 6-5 Luca Brecel
Bjorn Haneveer 4-6 Tian Pengfei
Michael White 6-4 Daniel Wells
Andrew Pagett 5-6 Sam Craigie
Matthew Couch 2-6 Cao Yupeng
Paul Davison 2-6 Adam Wicheard

Postby Wildey

From 4-1 and 5-2 down Craigie wins 6-5 against Pagett and next plays the latest in a long line of snooker island victims Ben Woollaston

Postby PLtheRef

Is there a way of ordering months seperately? As in buying for November, buying for January, buying for April?

For £3 I'm tempted to buy it for tomorrow to Wednesday, as I find 30 quid a bit excessive, especially when we have three months without any snooker available on the stream whatsoever

Postby Wildey

PLtheRef wrote:Is there a way of ordering months seperately? As in buying for November, buying for January, buying for April?

For £3 I'm tempted to buy it for tomorrow to Wednesday, as I find 30 quid a bit excessive, especially when we have three months without any snooker available on the stream whatsoever

2.99 a month which will also give you german masters qualifiers and PTC 10.

Postby Wildey

Sunday 6th of November

7pm

Liam Highfield 3-6 Sam Baird
Passakorn Suwannawat 6-0 Joe Meara
Yu Delu 1-6 Robin Hull
Li Yan 6-4 Stuart Carrington
David Gilbert 6-5 Aditya Mehta
David Morris 3-6 David Grace
Rod Lawler 6-2 Simon Bedford
Andrew Norman 6-5 Scott Mackenzie