Topic locked

Re: Draws For The UK Championship

Postby Wildey

randam05 wrote:Wild, could you do a side by side thing please where we can see which qualifiers will face who in the main draw? Or send a link if there is one. Worldsnooker are very bad at doing draws. Its like such an effort to see which qualifier will play which qualifier in the next round, and even harder to find out which qualifiers will play which seeds!

Much appreciated.

http://prosnookerblog.com/calendar/2011 ... ment-draw/

Postby Witz78

Earlier i thought the seeds v qualifiers last 32 was determined, Maguire v Hendry etc potentially but now im kinda wondering if theyve not even done that bit of the draw and will "make it up" nearer the time.......

Was never Best of 19s, was best of 17s John but now its er, best of 11s just.

Postby Monique

Wild wrote:format of play http://www.worldsnooker.com/staticFiles ... 125,00.pdf

why did they not bring to the venue the best 4 last 48 matches and play 3 sessions on monday and tuesday.

make the decition after Q round 3 or during Q Round 3 whitch 4 Matches they will bring over.

That would again bring a lot of hard feelings, including amongst the players. Don't forget that sponsoring pays more when at the venue, and even more when on telly. Deciding what's "the best" is always a matter of personal preferences to an extend.

Postby Wildey

Monique wrote:
Wild wrote:format of play http://www.worldsnooker.com/staticFiles ... 125,00.pdf

why did they not bring to the venue the best 4 last 48 matches and play 3 sessions on monday and tuesday.

make the decition after Q round 3 or during Q Round 3 whitch 4 Matches they will bring over.

That would again bring a lot of hard feelings, including amongst the players. Don't forget that sponsoring pays more when at the venue, and even more when on telly. Deciding what's "the best" is always a matter of personal preferences to an extend.

yes i did think that myself to be honest a bit messy i guess.

Postby Wildey

During The World Championship there was a Big deal made of the Fact the Final session of the Final was Braught Forward from 8pm to 7pm whitch makes perfect sense so Why cant that Idea Carry on to the UK Championship ?

whats in it for the BBC or Snooker to get some people switching off wanting to get up for work or School next morning ?

Postby Roland

I guess the reason they did it for the Worlds is because fatigue was a factor in the previous couple of finals and 3pm and 8pm didn't help that. That's not going to be the case in the UK so 8pm is seen as ok. If the Atlantic Ocean was full of contients and islands it would be pretty perfect. Continental Europe will have to wait until 9-10pm their time.

Postby Wildey

randam05 wrote:
Sonny wrote:When is SPOTY on?

What is that?

rofl

Sport Persanality Of The Year

Postby Sickpotter

Bourne wrote:
Wild wrote:
Casey wrote:
Monique wrote:
Casey wrote:Ronnie should count himself lucky he isn't paired to meet Higgins, Selby or Williams in the 2nd round.

I think Williams will be equally relieved, if not more, not to get Ronnie. He hasn't a great record against him.

Yep, that's very true.

no not true at all...

you do not become champion by fannying about worrieng about others concentrate on your own game and stuff the lot

Give your head a shake wild :chuckle: What you're basically saying is that the draws don't matter at all, every player should expect to beat everyone else ...

Expect to beat is a little strong...more like expect to have a chance against anyone else. If you don't think you have at least a chance why are you there?

If a player approaches an event with the hope of avoiding a specific player they've already reduced their likelyhood of winning. Not the winner mindset.

Postby Wildey

ive always thought matthew Stevens mindset going in to matches was weak and defeatist before he played.

a standard Matthew Stevens pre match interview was

"ill try my best but standards are so high ill see how it goes"

it was almost trying to convince himself others were better than him and he was already on the back foot.

you got to fancy beating everyone no matter what round it is.

Postby Sickpotter

I hate when players make excuses for losing before they've even played, that's such a defeatist mentality that never translates into winning.

Postby Wildey

Smart wrote:
Sonny wrote:When is SPOTY on?

Hendo plays the first Sunday I think. :gag:

rofl

Postby GJ

MarkSelbyNo1Fan wrote:11am on Sunday morning for Selby. Not ideal.

grave yard slot

says alot :gag: :john:

Postby Bourne

What's Selby's record like this year in majors when he's had the Sunday 11am graveyard slot ? :chin:

Postby GJ

MarkSelbyNo1Fan wrote:
GJ wrote:

grave yard slot

Yeah, he's only World Number One. How crap.

jelena jankovic

:gag:

graveyard slot <ok>

Postby Roland

11am Sunday morning is not the graveyard slot you muppets. It's as good as prime time.

Postby GJ

Sonny wrote:11am Sunday morning is not the graveyard slot you muppets. It's as good as prime time.

Our past expert TGNTG always said it was graveyard slot

:hatoff:

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:11am Sunday morning is not the graveyard slot you muppets. It's as good as prime time.

better than prime time

no big brother or x factor on at that time lol

Postby Tubberlad

GJ wrote:
MarkSelbyNo1Fan wrote:
GJ wrote:

grave yard slot

jelena jankovic

Ana Ivanovic :gag:

Postby GJ

Tubberlad wrote:
GJ wrote:
MarkSelbyNo1Fan wrote:
GJ wrote:

grave yard slot

jelena jankovic

Ana Ivanovic :gag:

ana = slam champion

selby = o worlds

jankovic = 0 slams

<ok>