Topic locked

Re: New Format For UK Championship----CONFIRMATION !!!!

Postby snooky147

Wild wrote:
snooky147 wrote:
gallantrabbit wrote:Some of you lot should nreally get back in yer prams. OK I'd prefer the 17 framers, but also think the 11s work.
Hearn might appear all powerful but there's no doubt BBC have told him his fortune here.
Snooker's time for dictating the rules has long gone and it'll take an awful long time to get it back.
IMO it won't really affect the prestige AND after last year's World championship I don't think even the Beeb would change the format, although guaranteeing as many close-fought nail biters every year would be impossible.
Snookerfan go buy your tickets. You can't really tell me that a handful of extra frames make all that much difference.

Ok say we did get back in our prams and just blindly followed. What's next?. Sit in those same prams while he destroys the format of the World?, oh wait a minute, they all sat in their prams for that so let's make the game more of a laughing stock and shorten matches still further. He should consider that his new golden boy Judd Trump took 90 seconds to 2 minutes or more on some shots so what's he going to do about that?. There are times when you need to take the time, so no criticism for Trump please but Hearn want's to turn the Game onto wham bang and another frame gone, so no, I for one will NOT get back in my pram.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
All views expressed are my own and not that of any player.

yes there comes a time when you have to put down a dog that keeps biting people or it will keep going until it kills.

rofl rofl Not exactly the analogy I would have picked mate.

Postby SnookerFan

gallantrabbit wrote:Some of you lot should nreally get back in yer prams. OK I'd prefer the 17 framers, but also think the 11s work.
Hearn might appear all powerful but there's no doubt BBC have told him his fortune here.
Snooker's time for dictating the rules has long gone and it'll take an awful long time to get it back.
IMO it won't really affect the prestige AND after last year's World championship I don't think even the Beeb would change the format, although guaranteeing as many close-fought nail biters every year would be impossible.
Snookerfan go buy your tickets. You can't really tell me that a handful of extra frames make all that much difference.

Okay, but only because you told me to. rofl :roll:

Postby SnookerFan

See, I know why they're doing this, so I'm not going to Wild it up and start shouting and swearing and calling them trigger happy dicks.

But, I think we should be let it known that we don't like this constant match shortening, and it should be seen as a very last resort. Otherwise, as people say, they'll be rushing in to do it again.

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:See, I know why they're doing this, so I'm not going to Wild it up and start shouting and swearing and calling them trigger happy dicks.

But, I think we should be let it known that we don't like this constant match shortening, and it should be seen as a very last resort. Otherwise, as people say, they'll be rushing in to do it again.

if people are sausage heads let it be known exactly what they are.

Postby GJ

I have changed my mind on thsisas its a farce that alot of big names are playing in cubicles in first 2 rounds

and for it to be the 2nd biggest event its a complete joke that scenario and it wouldnt happen in any other main sport

Postby Bourne

GJ wrote:I have changed my mind on thsisas its a farce that alot of big names are playing in cubicles in first 2 rounds

and for it to be the 2nd biggest event its a complete joke that scenario and it wouldnt happen in any other main sport

Spot on <ok>

Postby SnookerFan

Reply to my e-mail.

Hi SnookerFan

Thank you for your email and whilst I understand your disappointment it was done to maximise the TV exposure for the players. I am sorry that you have decided not to attend the event, however, the Semi Finals and Final have remained unchanged so you may wish to consider attending for the last 3 days.

Thank you for taking the time to write to us with your opinions it is appreciated.

Kind regards.

Head of Operations

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:Reply to my e-mail.

Hi SnookerFan

Thank you for your email and whilst I understand your disappointment it was done to maximise the TV exposure for the players. I am sorry that you have decided not to attend the event, however, the Semi Finals and Final have remained unchanged so you may wish to consider attending for the last 3 days.

Thank you for taking the time to write to us with your opinions it is appreciated.

Kind regards.

Head of Operations

tell the sausage head of operations to stick their e mail up their fat bottom.

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:
Wild wrote:tell the sausage head of operations to stick their e mail up their fat bottom.

Might help....

WELL DOING buck ALL HELPS A bucking LOT DOESN'T IT WHEN pin ends SEND E MAILS OF bullocks LIKE THAT.

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:Wild
Will you be watching the UK champs this year mate ?

well the BBC has the power to increase Days to Thursday which will be enough to get best of 17 in to the Schedule so no i will not be watcing on The BASTARDS BOLLOX CRAP ill tune in to Eurosport.

Postby Bourne

Wild wrote:

well the BBC has the power to increase Days to Thursday which will be enough to get best of 17 in to the Schedule so no i will not be watcing on The BASTARDS BOLLOX CRAP ill tune in to Eurosport.

So you will be watching the tournament <ok>
No further questions your honour :hatoff:

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:
Wild wrote:

can i ask what the buck has that to do with it anyway ???

just because i watch i will not see the winner as a UK Champion closer to a PTC 1 Champion than a major winner.

Postby Bourne

Wild wrote:
Bourne wrote:
Wild wrote:

can i ask what the little kitten has that to do with it anyway ???

just because i watch i will not see the winner as a UK Champion closer to a PTC 1 Champion than a major winner.

Let people judge for themselves :hatoff:

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:Did you get a reply from your e-mails, Wild?

yes

it said thank you for your comment ill pass it on...

and i replied ill pass it on personally with a spider right up his bucking bottom and out through his cockerel..

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:
Wild wrote:
Bourne wrote:
Wild wrote:well the BBC has the power to increase Days to Thursday which will be enough to get best of 17 in to the Schedule so no i will not be watcing on The BASTARDS BOLLOX CRAP ill tune in to Eurosport.

can i ask what the little kitten has that to do with it anyway ???

Let people judge for themselves :hatoff:

with your standards buck sakes you cant judge rubbish

Postby Steve K

My take on it - http://maximumsnooker.com/uk_championsh ... hanged.htm

I believe overall these changes are for the best. My main argument is that now all the players will get a chance to be seen on television and for the lesser know/inexperienced players it is a great chance for them to get some exposure and increase their chances of finding sponsors and getting more inviation's to events and exhibitions.

Postby Wildey

Steve K wrote:My take on it - http://maximumsnooker.com/uk_championsh ... hanged.htm

I believe overall these changes are for the best. My main argument is that now all the players will get a chance to be seen on television and for the lesser know/inexperienced players it is a great chance for them to get some exposure and increase their chances of finding sponsors and getting more inviation's to events and exhibitions.

my temperature is at boiling point i do not want to fall out with you im about to blow my 100th gasket of this rubbish bucking day so i will not respond. <ok>

Postby SnookerFan

GJ wrote:so masters is not a major as its best of 11 till final

thats clear now then ................

The Masters is a different beast. The Masters prestige comes from only having the top-16 in (and in previous years, letting in on-form wildcards.) Also, The Masters has the feel of being something different due to only being one table, all of the time unlike most other tournaments.

The prestige of the UK came from the fact it had longer frame matches over any other tournament, outside of the Worlds. It truly was the second ranker. Shortening the matches to Masters-level is equivalent to letting qualifiers into The Masters, and having two matches on at a time. (Thus making it a ranking tournament.) The point is not whether it's a major or not. More it's taking away it's prestige, and it's unique identity. And also the message it sends out. If it's okay to mess with the format of the UK, why would it not be okay to mess with the Worlds. (Which may be more economical if they found a way to shorten it, or fit it into one week.)

Postby Wildey

How About Compramise

Best of 31 Final
Sunday = 7 and 8
Saturday= 7 and 9

Best of 25 Semi Finals 3 session on 1 table rotating
Friday
10am SF 1 8 Frames
2.30pm SF 2 8 Frames
7pm SF 1 8 Frames

Thursday
10am SF 2 8 Frames
2.30pm SF 1 9 Frames
7pm SF 2 9 Frames

Wednesday = Best of 11 Quarter Finals on 2 tables 2 sessions

Best of 11 Last 16 and Last 32
Tuesday 6 Last 16=3 sessions on 2 Tables
Monday 4 Last 32 and 2 Last 16 3 sessions on 2 tables
Sunday 6 last 32=3 sessions on 2 Tables
Saturday 6 last 32= 3 sessions on 2 tables

that way all players gets a TV Match plus the semi final onwards has the feel of a true major.

Postby markj147

Wild wrote:WELL DOING little kitten ALL HELPS A little kittens playing with each other having fun LOT DOESN'T IT WHEN porcupine spikes SEND E MAILS OF fluffy bunnies LIKE THAT.

ill pass it on personally with a spider right up his little kittens playing with each other having fun bottom and out through his cockerel..

There are two awesome tweets right there.....genius.... :D :happy:

Postby SnookerFan

Wild wrote:How About Compramise

Best of 31 Final
Sunday = 7 and 8
Saturday= 7 and 9

Best of 25 Semi Finals 3 session on 1 table rotating
Friday
10am SF 1 8 Frames
2.30pm SF 2 8 Frames
7pm SF 1 8 Frames

Thursday
10am SF 2 8 Frames
2.30pm SF 1 9 Frames
7pm SF 2 9 Frames

Wednesday = Best of 11 Quarter Finals on 2 tables 2 sessions

Best of 11 Last 16 and Last 32
Tuesday 6 Last 16=3 sessions on 2 Tables
Monday 4 Last 32 and 2 Last 16 3 sessions on 2 tables
Sunday 6 last 32=3 sessions on 2 Tables
Saturday 6 last 32= 3 sessions on 2 tables

that way all players gets a TV Match plus the semi final onwards has the feel of a true major.

Probably then what we got. I'd still prefer it to be full on long match all the way through, but I guess that's what you mean by compromise...

It's just a bastard shame we can't keep it the way it was, and have the two cubicle matches televised as well. Even if it's only via Red Button, or at the very least just over the BBC Website.

Postby Wildey

if all it is so that getting all players exposure as was said on the e mail then my format would do that im just not 100% sure its just to see how far they can push us before they start on the biggie.