Topic locked

Re: New Format For UK Championship----CONFIRMATION !!!!

Postby SnookerFan

Wild wrote:if all it is so that getting all players exposure as was said on the e mail then my format would do that im just not 100% sure its just to see how far they can push us before they start on the biggie.

I had to read that three times before I finally understood what you were saying. buck me, I'm beginning to speak Wild. rofl

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:
Wild wrote:if all it is so that getting all players exposure as was said on the e mail then my format would do that im just not 100% sure its just to see how far they can push us before they start on the biggie.

I had to read that three times before I finally understood what you were saying. buck me, I'm beginning to speak Wild. rofl

god i need my bed but i got to go out in a bit..

Postby SnookerFan

Wild wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

god i need my bed but i got to go out in a bit..

On your way on a Wild night out? (See what I did there?) :joust:

:guinness: :party: :beer: :dance: :bags:

Postby PLtheRef

The only good thing about this I'd say that all 32 would appear on telly, no denying it they've earnt it.

Plus that WS are trying to show a bit of consistency now. I mean the British Open once had best of 11 frame matches not on TV and best of nine on TV,

Postby PLtheRef

And Wild, a good suggestion, problem being three 11 frame matches in a day, could and proven works with nine frames, but that would not do the tournament any better (9) than (11)

Postby Roland

Well I've just had confirmation on Twitter by World Snooker that the opening weekend of the UK will feature 3 sessions on both days. So we are in for a guaranteed snookerfest for that weekend at the very least.

Postby likelylad

Tennis and golf each have 4 majors and some less important tournaments to get ranking points / order of merit. In snooker there is now only 1 outstanding ranking tournament, a prestigious Masters, and the rest is just mediocre tournees and a couple of one dayers, punters getting drunk side of the table. Hearne has done a lot to get snooker up its feet again, he is not getting the calender in context, having some big tournees to look out for. Better would have been to make The UK a 2 week televised event, last 32. Round 1 best of 11, and add 2 frames every round. Final still best of 19

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:Well I've just had confirmation on Twitter by World Snooker that the opening weekend of the UK will feature 3 sessions on both days. So we are in for a guaranteed snookerfest for that weekend at the very least.

So if they tried hard enough my suggestion would work then

Best of 31 Final
Sunday = 7 and 8
Saturday= 7 and 9

Best of 25 Semi Finals 3 session on 1 table rotating
Friday
10am SF 1 8 Frames
2.30pm SF 2 9 Frames
7pm SF 1 9 Frames

Thursday
10am SF 2 8 Frames
2.30pm SF 1 8 Frames
7pm SF 2 8 Frames

Best of 11 Quarter Finals
Wednesday = on 2 tables 2 sessions

Best of 11 Last 16 and Last 32
Tuesday 6 Last 16=3 sessions on 2 Tables
Monday 4 Last 32 and 2 Last 16 3 sessions on 2 tables
Sunday 6 last 32=3 sessions on 2 Tables
Saturday 6 last 32= 3 sessions on 2 tables

3 sessions every day apart from the final and the Quarters.