Topic locked

Re: Tickets for the UK Championship

Postby Wildey

well no point putting Zhanger on the poster might as well put sonny on it <laugh>

Postby Smart

Wild wrote:But Trump has virtually nothing coming off for 2009/2010 season so even if they deducted all his points he earned in 09/10 off now he would still have 33,355 points and ranked 11th....

Believe Me Judd Trump wont be falling out of any Top 16 for a minimum of 2 years come what may.

rankings :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz:

Postby SnookerFan

Witz78 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Really thinking of turning this into a holiday this year. Getting the whole of the UK Championship off work, before going up to York for the opening matches. And watching the rest of the tournament at home with friends.

Can't bucking wait for the new season, to be honest. The Crucible seems so long ago.

a holiday?

get up to York for the whole week then squire and get out partying every night wooooohoooooo :mosh2:

In my home town, withing ten minutes walking distance of my flat there's dozens of pubs and bars, restaurants and nightclubs. (Including one of your beloved Reflex). There's even a Strip Club I could walk to. There's probably more to do in Croydon to party then in York.

Postby Witz78

SnookerFan wrote:
Witz78 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Really thinking of turning this into a holiday this year. Getting the whole of the UK Championship off work, before going up to York for the opening matches. And watching the rest of the tournament at home with friends.

Can't bucking wait for the new season, to be honest. The Crucible seems so long ago.

a holiday?

get up to York for the whole week then squire and get out partying every night wooooohoooooo :mosh2:

In my home town, withing ten minutes walking distance of my flat there's dozens of pubs and bars, restaurants and nightclubs. (Including one of your beloved Reflex). There's even a Strip Club I could walk to. There's probably more to do in Croydon to party then in York.

Why dont you ever go to these nightclubs and stripclubs then? :huh:

Postby SnookerFan

Witz78 wrote:

I've been to the nightclubs, tried dancing in them and decided I didn't like it. I stopped going. What the buck is so difficult to understand about that? The way I see it, I might as well stay in the pub all day and drink if I go out. (A lot of the pubs round here open at 10am. And yes, I've been in them drinking at that time.)

The strip club, well. I've not been to that. Bit seedy, really. And even if I put that aside, I aint got the money. You spend a lot getting in apparently, I asked. Then you got to waste money chucking it at some tart's cleavage... Maybe as part of a Bachelor Party, but that's about the only reason I'd go to one. Whichever geographical location I'm mean.

Postby Witz78

SnookerFan wrote:
Witz78 wrote:

I've been to the nightclubs, tried dancing in them and decided I didn't like it. I stopped going. What the buck is so difficult to understand about that? The way I see it, I might as well stay in the pub all day and drink if I go out. (A lot of the pubs round here open at 10am. And yes, I've been in them drinking at that time.)

The strip club, well. I've not been to that. Bit seedy, really. And even if I put that aside, I aint got the money. You spend a lot getting in apparently, I asked. Then you got to waste money chucking it at some tart's cleavage... Maybe as part of a Bachelor Party, but that's about the only reason I'd go to one. Whichever geographical location I'm mean.

So if your out with a crowd of mates then the pubs shut and they head on to a nightclub you go home? <doh>

"a lot of money apparantly" :chin:

Postby SnookerFan

Witz78 wrote:
So if your out with a crowd of mates then the pubs shut and they head on to a nightclub you go home? <doh>

Well, yeah. Of course I would. Why cue up and spend a lot of money, and take a lot of rubbish off of bouncers just to do something I don't like doing? Fortunately, it's not a situation I find myself in any more. Most of my friends don't like clubbing, or have kids so never go for nights out prompting us to sit at theres with a couple of beers for them and the rest for me. rofl

I did get dragged to nightclubs in my youth, hence how I know I don't like them. Sorry Witz, just everything about nightclubs are the opposite of what I enjoy doing. (The heavy drinking aside.) I know you like to pretend that you don't understand this to annoy me, but I absolutely loathe nightclubs. If going in and dancing saved a family member's life, I wouldn't do it.

Postby Witz78

SnookerFan wrote:
Witz78 wrote:

Well, yeah. Of course I would. Why cue up and spend a lot of money, and take a lot of rubbish off of bouncers just to do something I don't like doing? Fortunately, it's not a situation I find myself in any more. Most of my friends don't like clubbing, or have kids so never go for nights out prompting us to sit at theres with a couple of beers for them and the rest for me. rofl

I did get dragged to nightclubs in my youth, hence how I know I don't like them. Sorry Witz, just everything about nightclubs are the opposite of what I enjoy doing. (The heavy drinking aside.) I know you like to pretend that you don't understand this to annoy me, but I absolutely loathe nightclubs. If going in and dancing saved a family member's life, I wouldn't do it.

Christ, youd think you were 50 or something the way you talk there man. What are you 30? Your bloody younger than me for gods sake :chuckle:

You dont have to even dance in a nightclub, can easily enough prop up the bar, sit down or just mingle in general :john:

You not feel your playing gooseberry sitting drinking at the house with all the boring ones :td:

Postby SnookerFan

I'm not saying I've never done that. Most of my first year of university was spent in a local nightclub on student nights, because they sold cheap booze. The whole year, I didn't dance, but I barely noticed. There were two big bars and even a pool table. So, it's not like I've never propped up the bar in a nightclub.

I mean, when you say you don't like nightclubs, and dancing in general, people for some reason jump to the conclusion that you've never tried it. Which is absurd, how else would I know I didn't like it unless I've tried? I've had mates that seem as obsessed by you as getting me into a nightclub, so I have been nagged/begged into it.

Personally, I just don't see the point much though. Yeah, you get to carry on drinking, but if you aren't going to dance, why bother? You have to adhere to a strict dress code a lot of the time, and most clubs by me insist on seeing your passport or some form of identity, even if you're clearly fifty. What's the point of risking taking official documentation out with you when you get drunk? The beer costs twices as much as it does in a pub, and you usually only get bottles not pints. I've been to nightclubs, and not danced, and propped up the bar. But in my experience is that, unless you're with your really best mates who understand that's what you want to do, you spend the whole night fighting people off.

What you must understand is Witz, where I live there are pubs that open from 10am, and that's not an exaggeration. I've attended some this early, but only usually on my birthday. (And that's not counting Wetherspoon's.) There's a couple that open at 9am and close at 1am, so they are only closed for 8 hours. Though admittedly JDWS are rubbish. I just think going to a night club purely for the sake of getting a drink after 1am is a bit pointless, when you can have literally spent the previous 16 hours in a pub should you choose.

Anyway, aren't you getting sick of this conversation? I mean I know after you started on at me about it I started a thread dedicated to this conversation, but since then you must have mentioned nightclubs to me a dozen times. You even started a poll about it on the Crucible page, because you thought I needed proof that other people enjoyed it. <doh> I'm really very sorry you have taken such offence to me not liking it, and you think that if I don't enjoy nightclubs I don't enjoying leaving the house, but must we keep discussing it? It must be getting boring for everybody else.

Postby SnookerFan

Smart wrote:S/fan

BUT you are missing out on such a great feeling of being at one with the music and having the best time of your life. Time to reconsider your stance on this subject. <ok>

Dancing :ahh:

Best feeling in the world, my bottom. I get a buzz much more from watching live snooker then I do pratting around to music in a club. It took me weeks to come down from the buzz I got from watching Higgins vs Trump live at The Crucible.

The Crucible = :bowdown:
Reflex= :bird:

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:
Smart wrote:S/fan

BUT you are missing out on such a great feeling of being at one with the music and having the best time of your life. Time to reconsider your stance on this subject. <ok>

Dancing :ahh:

Best feeling in the world, my bottom. I get a buzz much more from watching live snooker then I do pratting around to music in a club. It took me weeks to come down from the buzz I got from watching Higgins vs Trump live at The Crucible.

The Crucible = :bowdown:
Reflex= :bird:

<laugh>

its like having a debate between the teletubbies.

Postby Witz78

Ahhhhhhhh just returned from an all day session at the beach, time for a quick Davie Gower, slip on some danciung shoes and a splash of Brut and Bobs Your Uncle, discotheque here i come.......... woooooohoooooo

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:Ahhhhhhhh just returned from an all day session at the beach, time for a quick Davie Gower, slip on some danciung shoes and a splash of Brut and Bobs Your Uncle, discotheque here i come.......... woooooohoooooo

act your age <doh>

rofl rofl

Postby Witz78

Act yer age?

what bullocks is that meant to mean?

what are you meant to act like at certain ages, come on tell, im intrigued?!?!

I aint a robot, i dont play by the rules, were only here once so im here to enjoy myself.

Postby SnookerFan

Witz78 wrote:Act yer age?

I aint a robot, i dont play by the rules,
were only here once so im here to enjoy myself.

And yet, you spend time telling me I have to dance or go to nightclubs to have fun? How come you are allowed to do whatever you see fit to enjoy yourself, but you expect others to follow your rules? I'm intrigued as to how you can have that as an opinion, when all you seem to want to do is to make me more like you.

Postby sundaygirl

I have have a theory on this "act your age" issue. Based on our personality type we all have a stage in life we are particularly suited to. I am looking forward to being an excellent crazy old lady! while Witz is the classic perpetual teenager.

Postby SnookerFan

sundaygirl wrote:I have have a theory on this "act your age" issue. Based on our personality type we all have a stage in life we are particularly suited to. I am looking forward to being an excellent crazy old lady! while Witz is the classic perpetual teenager.

So far in my life I've been told I'm something different to what my age is. When I was a teenager, I got told I was quite mature compared to some teenagers, who acted like Kevin from Harry Enfield. At 30, I'm told I need to grow up because I like watching cartoons.

This whole theory about obeying rules speaks to me, a person should always be themselves. It's why I hate this kind of conversation. Witz has been twiddling himself silly at the thought of me dancing since The Crucible, but then says; "You shouldn't follow any rules, have some fun." <doh> He wants me to have some fun and not obey rules, by stopping doing stuff I enjoy and do what he tells me. :roll:

Postby Wildey

I aint a robot, i dont play by the rules, were only here once so im here to enjoy myself.

IT WAS A JOKE FFS.

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:This whole thread has become a joke.... rofl

So, anybody thinking of going to York to watch snooker?

as appose to strip joints,disco,pubs and brothels rofl rofl

Postby SnookerFan

Wild wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:This whole thread has become a joke.... rofl

So, anybody thinking of going to York to watch snooker?

as appose to strip joints,disco,pubs and brothels rofl rofl

buck sake. We're not all Martin Gould.

Postby SnookerFan

SnookerFan wrote:

I aint a robot, i dont play by the rules,
were only here once so im here to enjoy myself.

And yet, you spend time telling me I have to dance or go to nightclubs to have fun? How come you are allowed to do whatever you see fit to enjoy yourself, but you expect others to follow your rules? I'm intrigued as to how you can have that as an opinion, when all you seem to want to do is to make me more like you.

I'm still waiting for an answer. :chin:

Postby SnookerFan

Witz78 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Anybody buying tickets for this?

nah with a bit of luck ill be long gone out of the sinking ship the UK by then :mosh2:

Thank buck for that.