Topic locked

Re: The Brazilian Masters Discussion !!!!!!

Postby Wildey

really looking forward to this see what the reaction of the locals is just imagine in 18 months Barry Hearn has managed to get Snooker to Australia and Brazil 2 years ago they were struggling to get events full stop.

this is another important cog in the future of the game lets hope its a massive success.

Postby SnookerFan

In a way, I agree with the point Wild is trying to make, beyond all the shouting, swearing and threatening to mutilate people.

This tournament obviously isn't going to be the biggest one of the season, nor is it going to be the most prestigious looking one on the winner's CV. But, it's expanding snooker to another country. I see this tournament very much as testing of the waters in Brazil, seeing if there is interest. Hopefully this will lead to more tournaments over there. Maybe a full ranker.

On the other hand, the execution of the tournament has been rubbish. The big names are lacking, ticket prices are expensive, it's in a venue that is difficult to get to, the best of sevens are a bit short considering we're trying to sell snooker. A tournament in a new country should capture the public's imagination, and they've made it very hard for themselves.

This tournament will be rendered pointless if nothing comes of it, and they don't ever go to Brazil again. I'm with Wild though, in as much as anybody can be. Surely we should be hoping for a success, however much World Snooker are trying to make it fail.

Postby Wildey

im sorry for the Shouting but all i can see is

Players not Caring
Fans not Caring
Brazil trying to fleece the fans that do care
and World Snooker letting them do it

when this event was announced i was really excited now im Bricking it.

theres a Article in Snooker Scene this Month about it and im Sure its Gallant the Guy Hendon is Talking about thats been in contact with World Snooker about the Event it rings of things hes been saying on here.

Postby Wildey

Nivaldo Rodrigues and Noel Sobradinho won the 2 Wild Card places in the Brazilian Masters to play Stephen Hendry and Shaun Murphy.
http://www.brazilmasters.com.br/site/in ... =7&lang=en

Rodrigues has had a taster of playing top players during the World Cup they were in the England and Northern Ireland Group.

Postby gallantrabbit

Well I for one am looing forward to it, but not sure how many others are...
If Barry's put this tourney on for poor little isolated me than will be raising as glass or three to him...
It's Nivaldo Sobradinho I think... Noel is a decent cueist but no nothing about the other geezer. Both'll get smashed even though one of them is playing Hendry, but what an experience for both, terrific.
Will try and keep you boys and girls posted while there.

Postby Wildey

gallantrabbit wrote:Well I for one am looing forward to it, but not sure how many others are...
If Barry's put this tourney on for poor little isolated me than will be raising as glass or three to him...
It's Nivaldo Sobradinho I think... Noel is a decent cueist but no nothing about the other geezer. Both'll get smashed even though one of them is playing Hendry, but what an experience for both, terrific.
Will try and keep you boys and girls posted while there.

talking of girls pictures would be good ;-)

Postby SnookerFan

gallantrabbit wrote:The Brazil Masters site is rubbish... Has Igor down as Rodrigues.. says there are ranking points on offer :john:
the event can only get better down there...

To be fair, the organisation of this event has been marmite.

Postby SnookerFan

beergitte wrote:
Wild wrote:the final will take place at 11.30pm BST on sunday...

So 12.30 cet. monday morning?

Perfect, my favourite time of the day. :excite:

For what it's worth, Eurosport's website claim the coverage of the event on Sunday only runs from 6pm to 9pm. Their scheduling is never as advertised, but I can't see them showing it live that late.

Hopefully we'll get highlights at some point.

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:
beergitte wrote:
Wild wrote:the final will take place at 11.30pm BST on sunday...

So 12.30 cet. monday morning?

Perfect, my favourite time of the day. :excite:

For what it's worth, Eurosport's website claim the coverage of the event on Sunday only runs from 6pm to 9pm. Their scheduling is never as advertised, but I can't see them showing it live that late.

Hopefully we'll get highlights at some point.

Eurosport Player will be showing it From 6pm to 4am +

but the Main Eurosport Channels only until about 11pm

Postby SnookerFan

Wild wrote:Eurosport Player will be showing it From 6pm to 4am +

You going to be up until 4am watching it each day? I reckon you should go for it, sir. :D

Postby beergitte

Depending on the matches I might stay up that late. Only problem is I'll then be forced to sleep on the sofa. For some reason my boyfriend doesn't like being woken up that time of day, when he has to get up for work. :shrug:

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:
Wild wrote:Eurosport Player will be showing it From 6pm to 4am +

You going to be up until 4am watching it each day? I reckon you should go for it, sir. :D

hell no <laugh>

Postby Wildey

beergitte wrote:Depending on the matches I might stay up that late. Only problem is I'll then be forced to sleep on the sofa. For some reason my boyfriend doesn't like being woken up that time of day, when he has to get up for work. :shrug:

yes getting woken up for snooker not good but im sure theres somethings he might pull a sickie for rofl

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:
Wild wrote:yes getting woken up for snooker not good but im sure theres somethings he might pull a sickie for rofl

buck sake Wild. rofl

yes :redneck:

Postby beergitte

Wild wrote:
beergitte wrote:Depending on the matches I might stay up that late. Only problem is I'll then be forced to sleep on the sofa. For some reason my boyfriend doesn't like being woken up that time of day, when he has to get up for work. :shrug:

yes getting woken up for snooker not good but im sure theres somethings he might pull a sickie for rofl

I wouldn't be waking him up for the snooker, but after the snooker was over. If I can stay awake that long anyway.
And then I wouldn't be ready for anything but sleep.