Topic locked

Re: The Brazilian Masters Discussion !!!!!!

Postby Witz78

beergitte wrote:
Wild wrote:
beergitte wrote:Depending on the matches I might stay up that late. Only problem is I'll then be forced to sleep on the sofa. For some reason my boyfriend doesn't like being woken up that time of day, when he has to get up for work. :shrug:

yes getting woken up for snooker not good but im sure theres somethings he might pull a sickie for rofl

I wouldn't be waking him up for the snooker, but after the snooker was over. If I can stay awake that long anyway.
And then I wouldn't be ready for anything but sleep.

surely youd find the energy for an internet chatroom webcam session with Dennis Watts? :evilgrin:

Postby Wildey

Stuart__Bingham Stuart Bingham
What a long journey that was but worth it as I've got a swimming pool right outside my window! :-))) Might post some pics, might not! ;-)

a new dad has left the baby and its worth it

brazil must be rocking :bowdown: :D

Postby Witz78

Wild wrote:
What a long journey that was but worth it as I've got a swimming pool right outside my window! :-))) Might post some pics, might not! ;-)

He might as well have a council tip outside his hotel window, cos we all know none of these players ever leave their hotel rooms <doh>

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:
Wild wrote:

He might as well have a council tip outside his hotel window, cos we all know none of these players ever leave their hotel rooms <doh>

be fair stuart bingham did pop round to ramsey street for a barbie and a tinnie while he was in auss but there was nobody at home :sad:

Postby beergitte

Witz78 wrote:
beergitte wrote:
Wild wrote:
beergitte wrote:Depending on the matches I might stay up that late. Only problem is I'll then be forced to sleep on the sofa. For some reason my boyfriend doesn't like being woken up that time of day, when he has to get up for work. :shrug:

yes getting woken up for snooker not good but im sure theres somethings he might pull a sickie for rofl

I wouldn't be waking him up for the snooker, but after the snooker was over. If I can stay awake that long anyway.

surely youd find the energy for an internet chatroom webcam session with Dennis Watts? :evilgrin:

Maybe if I knew who Dennis Watts was :shrug:

Postby Wildey

beergitte wrote:
Witz78 wrote:
beergitte wrote:
Wild wrote:yes getting woken up for snooker not good but im sure theres somethings he might pull a sickie for rofl

Maybe if I knew who Dennis Watts was :shrug:

you going to wish you never asked that...

and i also wished you hadent

Q THE PICTURE <laugh>

Postby GJ

Bourne wrote:Is this tournament over yet ? :zzz:

what tournament :gag:

Postby Roland

http://snookerscene.blogspot.com/2011/0 ... -come.html

In this month’s issue of Snooker Scene we publish a letter of concern from a British ex-pat who lives in Brazil.

He believes the venue is too secluded and the ticket prices too high. Coupled with the lack of so many star names and the fear is the audience attendance will be low.

Gallant :D

Postby SnookerFan

Sonny wrote:http://snookerscene.blogspot.com/2011/09/brazil-here-we-come.html

In this month’s issue of Snooker Scene we publish a letter of concern from a British ex-pat who lives in Brazil.

He believes the venue is too secluded and the ticket prices too high. Coupled with the lack of so many star names and the fear is the audience attendance will be low.

Gallant :D

Well we've all been saying that for weeks. :roll:

Postby SnookerFan

Sonny wrote:Saying what?

That it's in the wrong location, that tickets prices are too high and that there are too many big players missing. So crowd participation might not be high.

Postby SnookerFan

SnookerFan wrote:On the other hand, the execution of the tournament has been rubbish. The big names are lacking, ticket prices are expensive, it's in a venue that is difficult to get to, the best of sevens are a bit short considering we're trying to sell snooker. A tournament in a new country should capture the public's imagination, and they've made it very hard for themselves.

:D

Postby Wildey

@
@snookerbacker1 Everyone to themselves, but trying promote snooker in different places doesn't help much when the top players are greedy!

BenHarrison147 Ben Harrison
@
@Stuart__Bingham 100% agree,it seems like they couldnt care less about helping the game grow.unless they get paid megabucks.

<ok>

Postby Witz78

GJ wrote:Bingham

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

<ok>

gotta laugh, suddenly in the wake of his spat with Allen (IM TEAM ALLEN ALL THE WAY :hatoff: )

then he somehow finds form for the first time in 20 years and edges a final aainst bottle job Williams

and now being assured of being in the top 16 <doh>

now hes suddenly seeing himself as some sort of top player and voice of the fans :dizzy:

hes that boring even randam doesnt like him :clap:

Postby Wildey

no witz

its great seeing a player thats 35 reaching the top for the first time condemning players for being greedy chameleons and at the other end Ben Harrison that relies on Top players today to give him a future agreing with him <ok>

Postby Witz78

Wild wrote:no witz

its great seeing a player thats 35 reaching the top for the first time condemning players for being greedy chameleons and at the other end Ben Harrison that relies on Top players today to give him a future agreing with him <ok>

he should keep quiet and be happy that hes getting "to the top" thanks to all the big names players attitude

soon as they all start taking things seriously he will slide back down to his true position in the rankings

its like a turkey voting for Xmas

Postby Wildey

from binghams tweets it looks like a bloody mess lets be honest

theres no table there they even thinking of getting a table from the local club.

Brazil has made a butcher job of the event acording to gallant who should know better than us and it gets worst...they been obvious a bit clueless and WS has trusted them.....has someone told eurosport they might be broadcasting floor snooker with coconuts <laugh>

but despite all that you have to say having players there ready to play is the important thing cant really compair it to barhain because that was Ranking on a par with China etc this tournament isnt its a promotional event that lets face it has 2 hasbeens and Ebdon who cant win for toffee so not very promotional friendly either.

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:table from a local club haha itll be an 8x4 then prob, Figuerido my fave to win this title now

matthew stevens wished he was playing wont need the rest that often <laugh>

Postby Witz78

ive played on a 10x5 before and it was surprising how easier it was compared to a 12 x 6 so i reckon an 8x4 would be pretty simple. If i couldnt make a century on an 8x4 after a few hours practicing i think id give up lol

Postby Roland

There was a 10 x 5ft at the club I played at in my teenage years and it was a great little table to play on.

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:ive played on a 10x5 before and it was surprising how easier it was compared to a 12 x 6 so i reckon an 8x4 would be pretty simple. If i couldnt make a century on an 8x4 after a few hours practicing i think id give up lol

as a kid i went to blackpool played in a club the full sise tables was all ocupied so i had about 2 frames on the 10x5 and the difference i found was massive so much easier it was unbelievable.

anyone got any idea on translating these ticket prices in to pounds ? http://www.brazilmasters.com.br/site/in ... =8&lang=en