Topic locked

Re: Bank of Communication Shanghai Masters Final Discussion

Postby GJ

SnookerFan wrote:
GJ wrote:his bashers said after 1 title he would lose number 2 same with 3, 4, 5 and 6

its getting boring all the anti robbo BS

he is unbeatable in finals

FACT

Selby bashers said he had only won ranker. Williams bashers say he bottles finals, despite being a two-time world champion.

People say a lot of things.

:-)

Postby randam05

GJ wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
GJ wrote:his bashers said after 1 title he would lose number 2 same with 3, 4, 5 and 6

FACT

Selby bashers said he had only won ranker. Williams bashers say he bottles finals, despite being a two-time world champion.

I say he bottles finals. But only of recent. Cause fact would state that! Haha. Hes bottled 3/4 of his last finals. Im not saying he always bottles finals, cause look at his results in his prime!

Postby GJ

randam05 wrote:
GJ wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

FACT

I say he bottles finals. But only of recent. Cause fact would state that! Haha. Hes bottled 3/4 of his last finals. Im not saying he always bottles finals, cause look at his results in his prime!

I think thats a fair point in the finals williams has had numberous chances and messed up

Postby Snooker Overdrive

GJ wrote:did williams lose number 7

it will be interesting what you say when robbo wins number 7 out of 7

??????

I'm not trying to bash Robbo, I'm trying to bash you. ;-)

You keep going on and on about that stupid Robbo record. You should get it that there are more important things in snooker than ranking final winning percentages. The number of ranking wins for example.

Of course it is great to never get beaten in a final but getting there is also an achievement.

Anyway that record will be history sooner than you think, so enjoy it while it lasts if it makes you happy.

Postby GJ

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
GJ wrote:did williams lose number 7

it will be interesting what you say when robbo wins number 7 out of 7

??????

I'm not trying to bash Robbo, I'm trying to bash you. ;-)

You keep going on and on about that stupid Robbo record. You should get it that there are more important things in snooker than ranking final winning percentages. The number of ranking wins for example.

Of course it is great to never get beaten in a final but getting there is also an achievement.

Anyway that record will be history sooner than you think, so enjoy it while it lasts if it makes you happy.

in away its ait of banter from me because if robbo had a poor record in finals im sure the banter would be coming in my direction

<laugh> :chuckle:

Postby SnookerFan

Snooker Overdrive wrote:GJ because you like percentages so much:

Ricky Walden and Stuart Bingham also have a 100% winning rate in ranking finals.

Want to know something really incredible: Ronnie has participated in 4 UK and 3 World finals and has won them all.

rofl

Postby SnookerFan

Sonny wrote:In my opinion the only time Williams "bottled it" was the world semi-final against Higgins.

I think it's an overreaction to what's happened to him, to be honest. But I think the more he gets to finals without winning, the more people will say it. Whether it's true or not.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

GJ wrote:1 can be called a fluke and rightly so

they have both have 1

6 on the other hand :john: :? :happy: <cool> :spot on:

:chin: all of a sudden the number of wins is important :chin:

You seem to rank achievements this way:

1. The most important thing is the winning percentage
2. If number 1 is tied with another player, the number of won titles decide between them who is better

The player who is determined after that is the best player ever, correct?

Postby Monique

Sonny wrote:In my opinion the only time Williams "bottled it" was the world semi-final against Higgins.

Today he didn't "bottle" it. He threw it. Because he was peeved about the incident and had enough.
And I'm NOT saying that Selby did not deserve the win, because he did. But Williams didn't fight towards the end.

Postby GJ

Snooker Overdrive wrote:

they have both have 1

2. If number 1 is tied with another player, the number of won titles decide between them who is better

so your saying 1 title in is as good as 6 titles

<doh> rofl :chuckle: :john: :gag:

Postby Snooker Overdrive

GJ wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:

they have both have 1

so your saying 1 title in is as good as 6 titles

<doh> rofl :chuckle: :john: :gag:

GJ <doh>

learn to read

Postby GJ

Monique wrote:

Today he didn't "bottle" it. He threw it. Because he was peeved about the incident and had enough.
And I'm NOT saying that Selby did not deserve the win, because he did. But Williams didn't fight towards the end.

BS williams always gives 100 %

Postby Wildey

Mark Williams is not as deadly as he was there is no question about that before last 2 season he had only lost in 7 finals and won 16.

talking about percentages in finals. he won the first 7 times he played a ranking final his first runner up spot was the 1999 World Final.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Monique wrote:

Maybe he let frustration get to him in the decider but not in the frame before. He should have sealed the match there but he threw it away, probably due to pressure.

Postby GJ

Mon

Its clear you have a real dislike for selby but to say williams wasnt trying 100 % at the end is poor , lets say ronnie had been playing williams in same scenario no way would you have said that coment on williams it would have been all about ronald winning the title .

Nice try to divert from selbys win though but i can see right through it

Postby Wildey

Monique wrote:

regarding the incident he was the one that instigated it because both selby and Eirian had moved on called foul and a miss then Mark asked isn't there a replay somewhere....had he accepted it like the other two it would have been the wrong decision so hats off to Mark Williams :hatoff:

he just lost concentration and focus after words.

Postby Monique

GJ wrote:Mon

Its clear you have a real dislike for selby but to say williams wasnt trying 100 % at the end is poor , lets say ronnie had been playing williams in same scenario no way would you have said that coment on williams it would have been all about ronald winning the title .

I have no dislike of Selby whatsoever. Williams wasn't trying at all in the last frame. He simply had enough and it was blatant for all to see as several on twitter actually observed. The missed green in the frame before had been the last straw. Selby deserved to win and he played some awesome safeties to make his chances happen. But one thing does not exclude the other one. I like Williams a lot, as a player and as a person, but today he lost his head and his attitude was poor, and his criticisms of Eirian Williams - if reports are true - were out of order. It happens to absolutely everyone to have such moments, it's called being human.
And stop telling me what I would have said about Ronnie because you are completely wrong about that.
Last edited by Monique on 11 Sep 2011, edited 1 time in total.

Postby GJ

Monique wrote:

I have no dislike of Selby whatsoever. Williams wasn't trying at all in the last frame. He simply had enough and it was blatant for all to see as several on twitter actually observed. Selby deserved to win and he played some awesome safeties to make his chances happen. But one thing does not exclude the other one. I like Williams a lot, as a player and as a person, but today he lost his head and his attitude was poor, and his criticisms of Eirian Williams - if reports are true - were out of order. It happens to absolutely everyone to have such moments, it's called being human.
And stop telling me what I would have said about Ronnie because you are completely wrong about that.

of course i am :wave: :gag:

Postby Tubberlad

I don't like criticising Mark Williams too much. He's such a good snooker player, and it annoyed me that he spent so long in the wilderness and people stopped mentioning him in the same light as O'Sullivan and Higgins. Williams had them both under his thumb when he was at full power, neither of them could touch Williams in 2002/03, and I still think that was the most perfect season of snooker I've seen.

His performance in the World Championship in 2003, bar the last day, was devastatingly good. His 147 in 2005 was easily my favourite one. He's one of the main reasons snooker was always more than a game to me, and I really hope he shuts a lot of people up.

Postby Roland

Monique wrote:

Yes it's fair to say had Selby left a red on in the hit and hope shot it was game over and Williams wouldn't have hesitated in taking the chance with a 46 point lead and easy reds for the taking. He let it affect him, that's obvious. Selby was far from convincing himself but after that match changing moment it's like a light flicked on in his head and he remembered how to play snooker again.

It was such a bizarre final.

Postby Monique

GJ wrote:
Monique wrote:

I have no dislike of Selby whatsoever. Williams wasn't trying at all in the last frame. He simply had enough and it was blatant for all to see as several on twitter actually observed. Selby deserved to win and he played some awesome safeties to make his chances happen. But one thing does not exclude the other one. I like Williams a lot, as a player and as a person, but today he lost his head and his attitude was poor, and his criticisms of Eirian Williams - if reports are true - were out of order. It happens to absolutely everyone to have such moments, it's called being human.

Yes, you are. Wrong, stupid and nasty.

Postby GJ

Monique wrote:
GJ wrote:
Monique wrote:

Yes, you are. Wrong, stupid and nasty.

stupid

No a stupid person would say carter is a better player than selby

take a look in the mirror on that one :wave: :chuckle: :spot on: